Religious Freedom Law

Old 04-18-2015, 07:42 AM
n/a

Bigotry and racism shows itself it many ways. The previous posts verify that!
Old 04-18-2015, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Great post, as were your questions in the previous post. Only a twisted mind could have possibly turned that into a claim of racism and/or bigotry. It was clear to any thinking person that you were talking about choices. The hypocrisy that we now see in this country is astounding, as those who demand choices and acceptance denounce anyone who may have a differing opinion.
Exactly the issue on this forum to a fault ++. And a major contributor to why politics in Washington DC are so very polarized and nothing gets done.

I remember when in school being taught to listen to other opinions; even the single opposing opinion on the chance that would be the only one accurate or correct. That opposing person today could be shouted down, removed or even bodily harmed.

In the current day thinking there is no allowance for agreeing to disagree.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:15 AM
n/a

ok...I respectfully disagree with most of you
Old 04-18-2015, 08:17 AM
n/a

Sorry Rodney, not really. The words have a nice ring to them but human interaction reveals that we cannot get along.

The proposed 4 nation split would include a common defense agreement. Most wars will be hi-tech, i.e. drones. The US population is too big and diverse to be a coherent nation in the future. Too many groups want special privileges, their are no "norms". Some groups are out-of-control and anti-American.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 AM
n/a

Good post. Respect is earned not provided by the government. Diversity of opinion is a right and should be encouraged, not discourage or shouted down as done by the media and special interest groups.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Basically, if a store owner has made it clear that they have different values than I do, I will not shop there. There are many thousands like me, too. We refuse to shop at Chic-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby based on the store's principles.

I fully realize that my few dollars and the few dollars of people like me do not make any difference to these stores, but it is still an expression of my opinion.
Wow I love hobby lobby and love seeing the beautiful christian items for sale. As a store who is very family oriented and still closes on Sundays I respect that . Remember when we were kids? How many stores closed on Sundays? I love the fact they are a Christian based store with good old traditional values, not to mention the beautiful decor they carry.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry Rodney, not really. The words have a nice ring to them but human interaction reveals that we cannot get along.

The proposed 4 nation split would include a common defense agreement. Most wars will be hi-tech, i.e. drones. The US population is too big and diverse to be a coherent nation in the future. Too many groups want special privileges, their are no "norms". Some groups are out-of-control and anti-American.
The most frightenly accurate phrasing of the issue(s) we are confronted with, I have seen to date.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:18 AM
n/a

But you already lost the civil war. Each of your four countries could then select their bigotry of choice. Like it or not, we are one nation, and eventually we will have majority rule if we get big money out of politics, impose term limits, and enforce anti-trust laws as they were designed. As Bernie sanders said a couple of days ago, we are losing our democracy. It is being bought out by a select group of billionaires. And we are buying their lies as gospel, as they wrap themselves in our flag that they could care less about. We are a consumer nation. Jobs are not created by these wealthy thieves, they are created by demand for a product or service. Open your eyes America before it's too late!
Old 04-18-2015, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:

For the record, I believe this would be a huge and irreversible mistake.

Having said that, I'm curious to hear how you would split things up? In some cases, you'd have to carve up existing states not just rearrange the 57 we currently have.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
The purpose of any society is to provide a group in which like-minded people want to live. Rules are a reflection of the mores, intentions, and way-of-life the particular group wants for themselves. Mideastern societies want to live under Sharia law, more power to them as a willing group of people. In the US our free society provides a set of rules under the Constitution by which we originally agreed to ban together. In the 21st Century the compact is no longer effective. We have no standards of behavior, personal discipline and think each group is "entitled" to personal gain and respect. The US needs to breakup into smaller countries, probably 4, each of which can offer people a choice of values.
The non Christian religions would fit in RI. For some reason people can not see all our Christian churches in the USA!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
The reason we are having this conversation is that many people are sick and tired of the intellectual violence being advanced by the gay community to anyone who opposes their idea of what the world should look like.

Cest la vie
Or maybe we're having this conversation because many people are sick and tired of the intellectual violence being advanced by the conservative community on anyone who opposes their idea of what the world should look like.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Or maybe we're having this conversation because many people are sick and tired of the intellectual violence being advanced by the conservative community on anyone who opposes their idea of what the world should look like.
Or maybe we're having this conversation because many people are sick and tired of the intellectual violence being advanced by the liberal community on anyone who opposes their idea of what the world should look like.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is just too delicious ... have you been to a college campus lately? Talk about intellectual violence, censorship, and PC groupthink. You seem to be suffering from delusional projection disorder
Old 04-21-2015, 07:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is just too delicious ... have you been to a college campus lately? Talk about intellectual violence, censorship, and PC groupthink. You seem to be suffering from delusional projection disorder
That's funny stuff... If there was any validity to that argument, I guess all college graduates would be flaming liberals. But they aren't. You seem to be suffering form delusional projection disorder.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
That's funny stuff... If there was any validity to that argument, I guess all college graduates would be flaming liberals. But they aren't. You seem to be suffering form delusional projection disorder.
But wait a minute, someone on here keeps bringing up the high percentage of young people who are, and that being one of the reasons for another guaranteed Dem win for the Presidency. So who's right? And about the college campuses being overrun by liberal agendas and PC foolishness - I'm not so far removed from that scene and I'd have to agree with the former poster - it is unfortunately alive and well on most campuses.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.