More double standars or less of the real story?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
n/a

Default More double standars or less of the real story?

On the subject of whether to release "death" photos of Bin Laden, I find it amusing the feigned concern that the pictures may be "too gruesome" to publish. While what is allowed to be viewed pouring into our homes day and night are movies and programs that would make the Bin Laden photos pale by comparison. Just how ridiculous and phony is the concern?

To me...as long as they are OK with the body blowing up, hacking, maiming, killing, dis membering, beheading, rape, murder and wholesale slaughtering that is allowed on our television programs and in our movies....there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. NOTHING!!!

As far as the photos being offensive to Muslims and who ever else? That is just too bad. How offended were these folks when Americans were choosing to jump to their deaths from the towers in NYC VS burning to death? How offensive were the sounds of them hitting the roof below?

Washington's 535 needs to be a little more attentive to the home front and less...A LOT LESS... concerned about those who could care less about how offended we Americans are by their cold blooded actions/responses.

Politics first....reality never!!

btk
Old 05-04-2011, 11:45 AM
n/a

Think it's much more complex than the thoughts of the post just prior.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
n/a

Obama release of 2000+ so-called detainee abuse photos, rescinds a ban on US military coffin pictures....the flag in Guantanimo is no longer raised with the usual military bugle call because it offends the detainees.
Is there a pattern here or what?

It seems to be apparent that private American interests are deemed less important than "Muslim sensitivities".

There is a reason, what ever it is, that we will find out about sooner or later, why an insider (I think) like Panetta agrees the pictures should be released. And then the infamous "WH" and Obama say no for all the sensitive BS issues.

The difference? Panetta isn't worried about re-election!!

Regardless what Obama says and the pupeteer media there is no closure! There will be no real acceptance unless and until the world gets more than just THE WORDS!!!!

btk
Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
On the subject of whether to release "death" photos of Bin Laden, I find it amusing the feigned concern that the pictures may be "too gruesome" to publish. While what is allowed to be viewed pouring into our homes day and night are movies and programs that would make the Bin Laden photos pale by comparison. Just how ridiculous and phony is the concern?

To me...as long as they are OK with the body blowing up, hacking, maiming, killing, dis membering, beheading, rape, murder and wholesale slaughtering that is allowed on our television programs and in our movies....there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. NOTHING!!!

As far as the photos being offensive to Muslims and who ever else? That is just too bad. How offended were these folks when Americans were choosing to jump to their deaths from the towers in NYC VS burning to death? How offensive were the sounds of them hitting the roof below?

Washington's 535 needs to be a little more attentive to the home front and less...A LOT LESS... concerned about those who could care less about how offended we Americans are by their cold blooded actions/responses.

btk
Well said!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
n/a

Exactly my thoughts in regard to the non-release of these photos and the release of the "prisoner abuse" photos. There was no regard for the reaction of the Islamists to the abuse photos, but somehow these photos which would put an end to speculation, mainly by Islamists, are being held under wraps.

I guessing the discussion of this decision will be another of the distractions, and a most fortuitous one in fact, by the Obama administration to distract from the implementation of his government takeover agenda.

Sometime in the months before the election, if it suits his purpose to reinvigorate the electorate with new details of his "great victory" over the "lion of Islam", the photos along with new info on his "leadership brilliance" will be dutifully reported by the mainstream media who will all have "a thrill going up their legs".
Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Obama release of 2000+ so-called detainee abuse photos, rescinds a ban on US military coffin pictures....the flag in Guantanimo is no longer raised with the usual military bugle call because it offends the detainees.
Is there a pattern here or what?

It seems to be apparent that private American interests are deemed less important than "Muslim sensitivities".

There is a reason, what ever it is, that we will find out about sooner or later, why an insider (I think) like Panetta agrees the pictures should be released. And then the infamous "WH" and Obama say no for all the sensitive BS issues.

The difference? Panetta isn't worried about re-election!!

Regardless what Obama says and the pupeteer media there is no closure! There will be no real acceptance unless and until the world gets more than just THE WORDS!!!!

btk
You know I read today about the NO american flag raising where the inmates can see it so not to upset them....

"was stunned to learn while researching Mastermind that Guantanamo detainees succeeded in convincing prison officials to no longer raise the American flag anywhere they could see it. Each morning on every U.S. military base around the world, the American flag is raised to a bugle. But in the interests of not offending the detainees, it was stopped at Guantanamo."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../05/028965.php

I would love to have that authenticated because I have seen nothing in the MSM but I also saw this today...

""So when does Seal Unit 6, or whatever it's called, drop in on George Bush? Bush was responsible for a lot more death, innocent death, than bin Laden. Wasn't he, or am I wrong here?," Liberal radio talk show host Mike Malloy said on his show Monday evening."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...orge_bush.html

Have we gone crazy ?

I recall ON THIS VERY FORUM....poster after poster...I mean a lot..threads on it, quoting Limbaugh on saying he hopes the President does not succeed on his stated programs..he was called so many names.

This is not a defense of the Republican party but why does nobody get upset about this stuff ?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 PM
n/a

Malloy should be fired.....no need for that garbage.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
n/a

Default Think About It

Quote:
On the subject of whether to release "death" photos of Bin Laden, I find it amusing the feigned concern that the pictures may be "too gruesome" to publish....
I'm not going to get into the political debate on whether or not to show the bin Laden death photos. But I can tell you that if they were published, what was left of his face and the top of his head after being hit with two high-speed military rounds from the M4A1 assault rifle used by the SEALs, wouldn't be anything you'd want to see or have your kids and grandkids see.

I'm guessing we're going to see the pictures sooner rather than later and when we do, neither we nor our enemies will be happy about them. I tend to agree with keeping them private, but not for any particular political reason.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 PM
n/a

To those who argue that death photos should be released:

I won't suggest you are taking your position because you regularly criticize the President, but I think you are failing to consider the unique nature of the death of bin Laden.

He was an ikon with the power to influence like few others in recent history. To hundreds of millions he was heroic, or call it what you will, but powerful enough to influence thousands to commit suicide for his cause. Make no mistake, his death photo, especially if it showed any disfigurement, would be the single most powerful image of the 21st century. The image would be the wordless, highly emotional and motivating rallying point for a whole new generation of terrorists. It would be worse than if he were to have a physical tomb (shrine). Worse than putting him on trial (circus). I don't think you realize how much we are despised; how many are full of hate because of how we have treated them, or how they imagine they have been treated by us, or because they are simply jealous of our prosperity.

Because someone who hates bitterly has the power to reach out and do lots of damage in this ever shrinking technological world, the rules of common sense survival have changed. It is now disasterous to feed hatred. It is critical to dampen it's effects whenever possible. In this case, pulling a trigger and burial at sea were important, necessary actions. Keeping the death photos from view is even more critical. It steals the terrorists' thunder. They are left with pictures of a smiling bearded man, which do not themselves convey the message of American "brutality". They can argue about whether he is alive, but soon it will be no less a joke than the one about Elvis being in the building. bin Laden's must become forgotten. This is how to do it.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
n/a

The attack on the Twin Towers was not, an attack on Obama. It was an attack on the United States of America. Obama tells us that this is not the time to "spike the football", and then this hypocrite decides to make political hay by planning a trip to the Towers site to place a wreath. A trip the enormously more dignified G.W. Bush declined to accompany him to. Even Bill Clinton has "scheduling conflicts".
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The attack on the Twin Towers was not, an attack on Obama. It was an attack on the United States of America. Obama tells us that this is not the time to "spike the football", and then this hypocrite decides to make political hay by planning a trip to the Towers site to place a wreath. A trip the enormously more dignified G.W. Bush declined to accompany him to. Even Bill Clinton has "scheduling conflicts".
Good lord you are a cynical, hateful man.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:33 AM
n/a

Ah, the hateful word again. When all else fails, just call them haters or racists. Surly the left can come up with something more original than a line out of a 30 year old democrat playbook.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Ah, the hateful word again. When all else fails, just call them haters or racists. Surly the left can come up with something more original than a line out of a 30 year old democrat playbook.
Of course he thinks I'm hateful, because I'm criticizing the man who "gives him thrills up his leg".
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Well, let's try this again. You and Richie are real klassy. Oh oh, spelling a word with a 'k' may make me a communist.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 AM
n/a

Default Obama's decision to not inform

Quote:

btk
Pakistan prior to the raid, and Leon Panetta's candid remarks about Pakistan, can pretty much put to rest the theory that Obama cares too much about the Muslim world's feelings and sensibilities, etc.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.