As a Represenatative Of Your District How Would You Vote?ot

Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM
n/a

Default As a Represenatative Of Your District How Would You Vote?ot

How would you vote if you were a Representative from your district?

The GOP Health Bill as it stands maintains the rule know as guaranteed issue and also relaxes community rating which limits how much premiums can vary among beneficiaries. Any waivers will require a state to establish a high risk pool. Prior to Obamacare 35 states established such funds to subsidize older and sicker patients.

Guaranteed issue (pre-exiting condition) creates fear in people if there is a threat it will be removed. Yet statics show only about 4% of people under age 65 are at high risk Keep in mind that inclusion of community rating and guaranteed risk punishes the sick by degrading quality

Also this debate is distorted by the misunderstanding of health risks as the actuarial probability that a health person will become sick is already built into the premium, meaning it is true insurance for unknown future health outcomes.

People with pre-existing conditions don't need insurance, they need help paying for expensive treatment that is already known.

High risk pools are fairer and more equitable solution to this social problem, rather than hiding costs by forcing other people to pay premiums that are artificially higher that the value of the product they are purchasing

The political realities are that people both in chambers and at home are placing enormous pressure on you to do their bidding

Yay Nay

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-03-2017, 01:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
How would you vote if you were a Representative from your district?

The GOP Health Bill as it stands maintains the rule know as guaranteed issue and also relaxes community rating which limits how much premiums can vary among beneficiaries. Any waivers will require a state to establish a high risk pool. Prior to Obamacare 35 states established such funds to subsidize older and sicker patients.

Guaranteed issue (pre-exiting condition) creates fear in people if there is a threat it will be removed. Yet statics show only about 4% of people under age 65 are at high risk Keep in mind that inclusion of community rating and guaranteed risk punishes the sick by degrading quality

Also this debate is distorted by the misunderstanding of health risks as the actuarial probability that a health person will become sick is already built into the premium, meaning it is true insurance for unknown future health outcomes.

People with pre-existing conditions don't need insurance, they need help paying for expensive treatment that is already known.

High risk pools are fairer and more equitable solution to this social problem, rather than hiding costs by forcing other people to pay premiums that are artificially higher that the value of the product they are purchasing

The political realities are that people both in chambers and at home are placing enormous pressure on you to do their bidding

Yay Nay

Personal Best Regards:
A change in this today....this just happened this morning

"With two days left before an 11-day recess and no vote scheduled, House Republican leaders considered last-minute changes to their latest bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act on Wednesday, including at least $8 billion in extra spending to answer the concerns of an influential Republican who had come out against the measure.

"Mr. Upton said on Tuesday that the latest version of the health care bill “torpedoes” protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions and had asked for at least $8 billion to supplement funds already in the bill to help state governments struggling with hard-to-insure populations.

The extra spending could anger the most conservative members of the House, who had recently come around to supporting the bill. Last-minute spending increases and special provisions in 2010 to win over Senate Democrats to the Affordable Care Act had stoked outrage among conservatives who fumed at “the Cornhusker kickback” and the “Louisiana Purchase.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/u...ress.html?_r=0

Ps..since many choose not to read links on this forum, this para from the link may clarify this mornings change. Uptown visited the WH and said with this change he will now support...

"The focus of that scramble is Representative Fred Upton of Michigan, the former chairman of one of the House committees that drafted the American Health Care Act, who has a long history of negotiating with Democrats on large health care measures, like the new 21st Century Cures Act. Mr. Upton said on Tuesday that the latest version of the health care bill “torpedoes” protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions and had asked for at least $8 billion to supplement funds already in the bill to help state governments struggling with hard-to-insure populations."
Old 05-03-2017, 02:27 PM
n/a

I'd vote for anything that included the repeal of ObieCare. The rest of the garbage can be put together later. I was better off with my insurance 8 years ago. So was everyone that I know.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'd vote for anything that included the repeal of ObieCare. The rest of the garbage can be put together later. I was better off with my insurance 8 years ago. So was everyone that I know.
I would put my finger in the air to see what way wind was blowing and vote to secure my soft, over paid, cushy job. Stupid question. IMO
Old 05-03-2017, 07:10 PM
n/a

Voting tomorrow in the house.

No cost estimate to be made.

Wondering about the senate.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Because you weren't paying for "insurance" for 50 million poor people 8 years ago.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:41 PM
n/a

The OP asks for a vote. Not sure how to do that.

This is so eerie.....Dems we're blasted for passing a bill that they didn't know what was in it....this bill will be the same.

Dems were blasted on CBO score and this bill isn't even going to them, so they will vote with no idea of how much it costs.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:47 PM
n/a

I would never vote "yes" on a bill without a CBO score. Apparently Daniel Webster does not have that problem.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:31 AM
n/a

Obamacare was a solution looking for a problem and the problem was that many people in the government wanted total control of the healthcare (single payer)

Had the issue been truly about the uninsured which by the way government statics placed at about 500,000 people, a fix for them was available.

High risk pools are a main stay in insurance auto, property, etc

the problem as I view it is that they are trying a political solution when the focus should be on market solutions

what can the health care industry accomplish to make health care more effective and efficient.

then what can the insurance industry offer in the way of affordable benefits.

anything can be insured the problem is how much of a premium are you willing to pay. This basic problem is why all insurance applies have exclusions, conditions, etc.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-04-2017, 05:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTHECon
Obamacare was a solution looking for a problem and the problem was that many people in the government wanted total control of the healthcare (single payer)

Had the issue been truly about the uninsured which by the way government statics placed at about 500,000 people, a fix for them was available.

High risk pools are a main stay in insurance auto, property, etc

the problem as I view it is that they are trying a political solution when the focus should be on market solutions

what can the health care industry accomplish to make health care more effective and efficient.

then what can the insurance industry offer in the way of affordable benefits.

anything can be insured the problem is how much of a premium are you willing to pay. This basic problem is why all insurance applies have exclusions, conditions, etc.

Personal Best Regards:
Your ignorance and lying...are truly amazing.

PROVE where the government said...there were ONLY 500,000 uninsured Americans.

That's rhetorical of course, as any intelligent person knows...you can't.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 05-04-2017, 05:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your ignorance and lying...are truly amazing.

PROVE where the government said...there were ONLY 500,000 uninsured Americans.

That's rhetorical of course, as any intelligent person knows...you can't.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Closer to 50,000,000... You can't "insure" that many people who don't pay premiums and not have everyone who DOES pay premiums rate go up.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
The OP asks for a vote. Not sure how to do that.

This is so eerie.....Dems we're blasted for passing a bill that they didn't know what was in it....this bill will be the same.

Dems were blasted on CBO score and this bill isn't even going to them, so they will vote with no idea of how much it costs.
That will happen once it makes it to the senate.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Closer to 50,000,000... You can't "insure" that many people who don't pay premiums and not have everyone who DOES pay premiums rate go up.
NO CBO scoring at all.

NO knowledge of what is in the bill.

Does this sound familiar ?

YET they vote.

When the senate gets this and begins debate, it will be interesting.

AND still nobody talks about the deficit, simply how much they want to spend in 2018 budget.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
NO CBO scoring at all.

YET they vote.

AND still nobody talks about the deficit, simply how much they want to spend in 2018 budget.
The deficit is already over a $ trillion...it'll be $2 trillion...you watch...to "save" everything, they'll have to borrow. Borrow what? 0s and 1s on a computer? The central banks put NOTHING on the line, the Federal reserve just enters numbers into a computer and poof...there's another $ trillion. But WE have to pay interest...6% on that "borrowed money". Quite the racket...
Old 05-04-2017, 07:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
NO CBO scoring at all.

YET they vote.

Why would liberals be concerned now after doubling the National Debt in the last 8 years?

Tags
people, vote?ot, district, represenatative

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.