Requiring Posters to Use Real Names.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:57 AM
n/a

Default Requiring Posters to Use Real Names.

To thwart the trolls, social-media sites should require users' real names - LA Times

Something to look into.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Too many gun enthusiasts.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:07 PM
n/a

Au contraire : the end result of social media (TOTV) in this case of requiring users to use their legal/birth names is not going to end well.

As it stands now ,the so called "trolls" once unmasking the "guest" and discovering the username in Political Talk are attacking the user both in political Talk as well as other forums.

Let them have your real/birth name and some of these idiots will be calling or showing up at your home

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-06-2017, 01:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Au contraire : the end result of social media (TOTV) in this case of requiring users to use their legal/birth names is not going to end well.

As it stands now ,the so called "trolls" once unmasking the "guest" and discovering the username in Political Talk are attacking the user both in political Talk as well as other forums.

Let them have your real/birth name and some of these idiots will be calling or showing up at your home

Personal Best Regards:
They would be arrested if they did that.

And the Moderator is coming down hard on some of the posters who carry their Political Forum feuds onto the Regular Forum. Not well enough IMHO. I have seen some posters get numerous warnings on the Regular Forum about bullying but they are still doing this sociopathic behavior.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
They would be arrested if they did that.

And the Moderator is coming down hard on some of the posters who carry their Political Forum feuds onto the Regular Forum. Not well enough IMHO. I have seen some posters get numerous warnings on the Regular Forum about bullying but they are still doing this sociopathic behavior.
From your lips to moderators ears.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-06-2017, 06:42 PM
n/a

Not a likely solution to any of the real issues/atagonists. However I would be interested to hear how one, anyone, validates anybody's "real name" in any open forum?!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Not a likely solution to any of the real issues/atagonists. However I would be interested to hear how one, anyone, validates anybody's "real name" in any open forum?!
Facebook requires it or seems to even though it sometimes seem some of these are robots. And people I assume could just create phony names with e-mail addresses from various places.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:56 PM
n/a

Why are you so concerned with their real name? So you can harass them? Shame them? Turn others against them?

how about defending your position instead of going after the messenger binging you bad news?
Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Please go to the library and research that.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:12 PM
n/a

A short primer on trolls.

Trolls of Norway—Facts and Fiction | Owlcation
Old 12-17-2017, 09:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Or we can just meet for a drink buddy.

Never mind alcohol may not mix with your medication.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:10 AM
n/a

Angry

Quote:
Or we can just meet for a drink buddy.

Never mind alcohol may not mix with your medication.
CRIMINAL HARASSMENT from Allegiance. What does he not get? Why would I want anything to do with someone who treats others like this online? He is a CRIMINAL HARASSER. I certainly DO NOT want to socialize with this person.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:13 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Right. After that comes the "fatwas".

Old 12-17-2017, 09:15 AM
n/a

Unhappy

Quote:
Right. After that comes the "fatwas".

Not a good idea probably.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
CRIMINAL HARASSMENT from Allegiance. What does he not get? Why would I want anything to do with someone who treats others like this online? He is a CRIMINAL HARASSER. I certainly DO NOT want to socialize with this person.
If that were really a fact, you would simply say "truce."

But you love it

Tags
names, posters, real

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.