Respect to office

Old 02-07-2015, 01:12 PM
n/a

KUDOS TO THE OTHER OF POST 26

This person, at least, has a working knowledge of the issues and instead of the mine is bigger than yours scenario, actually referenced things and that is the nature of discussion.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:42 PM
n/a

I thought those were issues. Party planned obstructionism, the very destruction of our legislative branch by extremists that actually equate to home grown terrorists with no agenda other than to obstruct and undermine! This was planned and executed and admitted to by party leaders!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Here are some factors to judge the President on what got done. Sometimes a little memory refreshing is good for the soul.

1. Passed Health Care Reformhow can we forget how it was ramrodded against the will of the majority of we the peple. And it ain't over yet!

2. Passed the Stimulusand accomplished what?

3. Passed Wall Street Reform.remind me again what exactly did HE change?

4. Ended the War in Iraq. no, we abandoned Iraq before the job was done against all the warnings of the military and those in power in Iraq. Yes....he brought home the troops. Ended the war is a fairy tale for the gullible.

5. Drew down the War in Afghanistanno he did not draw down the war. yes he brought the troops home. The war still rages on.

6. Eliminated Osama bin ladenjury is out on whether it was him or Panetta....but actually done by seal team 6...not anybody in the WH

7. Turned Around U.S. Auto IndustryI will have to come back to this one as I am laughing too uncontrollably to type....the "wh" had absolutely nothing to do with the progress or lack of it in the auto industry.

8. Recapitalized BanksI do not know what this means

9. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t TellHE did?

10. Reversed torture policies.
HE did?

All the above are like stating he made great progress with immigration. What is not said is bprogress = not enforcing immigration law of the land and providing incentives to those who are breaking the law.

Passing or implementing is the politically easy part. What never ever gets done is to reconcile what was accomplished VS the intended result.

Rhetoric and words!!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:56 PM
n/a

I believe that there will be a Republican President after this next election. "Mission Accomplished!"
Old 02-07-2015, 02:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
I believe that there will be a Republican President after this next election. "Mission Accomplished!"
You're joking right? Look at the percentages of the last election and tell us what demographic is going to vote republican and for what reason?

President Obama won two back to back electoral landslides with over 51% of the vote both times.

Only six other presidents, in the history of this country, have done that...not Clinton, not Reagan. You have to go all the way back to Eisenhower to find the last time this happened.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
You're joking right? Look at the percentages of the last election and tell us what demographic is going to vote republican and for what reason?

President Obama won two back to back electoral landslides with over 51% of the vote both times.

Only six other presidents, in the history of this country, have done that...not Clinton, not Reagan. You have to go all the way back to Eisenhower to find the last time this happened.
I do not know what might happen, but this post is another of those short sighted, party gotta win things.

I think, or at least I hope, that most voters (except of course those who are like this poster) vote based on the candidate, the issues of the day and the time in history and not simply by saying R or D !!!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:23 PM
n/a

Quote:

I was confused when I first read your post about the last election. But then I realized you were talking Presidential. The last election I remember he and his cronies took a good old arse kicking! He doesn't remember that either so don't feel bad.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:26 PM
n/a

forgive me but I m late to this thread just found it and after reading posts to catch up would like to begin with this.

We were also reared to "respect the office" because in part founding fathers recognized that without this admonition it could lead to anarchy

Secondly as to the issue of disrespect people seem to place the cart before the horse. First one must have to try and earn someone's respect before a judgment can be rendered for or against its success. Obama has never because of his action or inactions thereof earned my respect.

In the case of Obama from the time he entered the national polls I've watched and listened and from the very beginning to this day I have been left with the impression that this guy is not a friend of America. In fact one could make a valid argument that he hates America and American ways .

Posters have been going back and forth about Reagan, Bush etc but all they have accomplished is to have made charges not arguments. Beside which making a comparison between two past presidents doesn't excuse the current president's deficiencies and this guy is a walking disaster.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
forgive me but I m late to this thread just found it and after reading posts to catch up would like to begin with this.

We were also reared to "respect the office" because in part founding fathers recognized that without this admonition it could lead to anarchy

Secondly as to the issue of disrespect people seem to place the cart before the horse. First one must have to try and earn someone's respect before a judgment can be rendered for or against its success. Obama has never because of his action or inactions thereof earned my respect.

In the case of Obama from the time he entered the national polls I've watched and listened and from the very beginning to this day I have been left with the impression that this guy is not a friend of America. In fact one could make a valid argument that he hates America and American ways .

Posters have been going back and forth about Reagan, Bush etc but all they have accomplished is to have made charges not arguments. Beside which making a comparison between two past presidents doesn't excuse the current president's deficiencies and this guy is a walking disaster.
Kudos on a good solid post
Old 02-07-2015, 03:26 PM
n/a

Quote:

If you believe what you see in many of these responses you could come to that conclusion. People seem to let their political slant conveniently overlook the root causes of the Great Recession and the War in Iraq.
I talked to a neighbor who was a sniper in Iraq. He said that for the most part Iraqi's want us to fight their fight. Remember Saddam had the conflict among Shiites and Sunnis under control.
I actually haven't seen this level of political fervor since the "McCarthy Era" when many were labelled "Communists". No internet and three TV channels tempered some of that.
Whatever happened to the "Peace and Love" generation of the 60's?
Perhaps they've grown old and angry.
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." Wilhelm Hegel
Old 02-07-2015, 03:48 PM
n/a

What is often forgotten is that Bush did not win the popular vote and would not have been President except for the "screw up" in Florida. How soon we forget!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:51 PM
n/a

Default Excellent

Quote:
If you believe what you see in many of these responses you could come to that conclusion. People seem to let their political slant conveniently overlook the root causes of the Great Recession and the War in Iraq.
I talked to a neighbor who was a sniper in Iraq. He said that for the most part Iraqi's want us to fight their fight. Remember Saddam had the conflict among Shiites and Sunnis under control.
I actually haven't seen this level of political fervor since the "McCarthy Era" when many were labelled "Communists". No internet and three TV channels tempered some of that.
Whatever happened to the "Peace and Love" generation of the 60's?
Perhaps they've grown old and angry.
"We learn from history that we do not learn from history." Wilhelm Hegel
Great post and I'll add to your quote, "Of course fascism will arrive in the United States, it will be described as patriotism." That nationalistic fervor is what propelled the Nazi party to control ww2 Germany!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:52 PM
n/a

Quote:

In all due respect when you have 47% of the voting public getting "free stuff" it doesn't take much of an effort to reach 51% +

Secondly as the first racial nominee a heavily invested civil right leaning liberal media worked and continues to work to embellish this man's record. Yet what they have created are higher expectations than this guy could ever deliver. If his policy record represents "best practices" this country is in deep doo doo because by all accounts he has moving red lines a healthcare program that will economically seek this country without metting its quality objectives. doctors are either leaving the profession or joining ACO's because they can't survive as independents This means that profits takes preference over patient needs. some doctors have outright remove 3rd part payers from the equation. hence they treat patients, patients pay them directly and then turn to insurer or government for reimbursement
Old 02-07-2015, 03:57 PM
n/a

Should read disguised as patriotism!
Old 02-07-2015, 05:01 PM
n/a

What math defines a "landslide" as 51%?

51% is ONLY one percent away from either man winning.

Yes it only takes one vote more to win.....but 51% is no landslide!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.