Rick Perry Presidential Push Quietly Gains Steam

Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
n/a

Default Rick Perry Presidential Push Quietly Gains Steam

This could add a bit of interest in the coming months if it pans out. Reports are surfacing that Gov. Rick Perry of Texas, who was "tea party" before there was a tea party", is sending out feelers for a possible run for the Republican nomination for President.

I knew of him, but didn't know a lot about him. Because of B.K.Cunningham's endorsement of him as a VP candidate, and because I respect her opinion, I started looking for more information about him, and as fate would have it, stories are just popping up concerning his possible ambition.

Like I said to VK; "patience". There's a lot that can happen to make this coming presidential election cycle interesting.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...am_109894.html

http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/05/per...l-feelers.html
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM
n/a

Default Would We Do It Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
...I knew of him, but didn't know a lot about him....
Oh yeah. I'm going to get real excited about voting for a guy whose main campaign proposal in his recent gubernatorial campaign was that he intended to have Texas secede from the union!

This guy is yet another wingnut who has found a way to make nice soundbites.

And with all due respect, we haven't exactly had great success in recent decades when the country was under the leadership of Presidents from Texas. Would we really want to try it again? My goodness, if guys like Rick Perry are the best leaders this country can come up with, we'll deserve whatever we get from our system of government. The founders of this country must be doing flip-flops in their graves.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Oh yeah. I'm going to get real excited about voting for a guy whose main campaign proposal in his recent gubernatorial campaign was that he intended to have Texas secede from the union!

This guy is yet another wingnut who has found a way to make nice soundbites.

And with all due respect, we haven't exactly had great success in recent decades when the country was under the leadership of Presidents from Texas. Would we really want to try it again? My goodness, if guys like Rick Perry are the best leaders this country can come up with, we'll deserve whatever we get from our system of government. The founders of this country must be doing flip-flops in their graves.
How can I take you seriously when you give misinformation like this. Gov. Perry never said that, and I looked. Find me the video clip of him saying that and I'll apologize, but I don't think that going to happen.

Gov. Perry has spoken out repeatedly about Federal overreach and has said that many Texans "might want to secede, but probably won't". He never campaigned on Texas secession. It's only "liberal news commentator wing-nuts", as you would call them, who've said this about Perry in the same demeaning low brow way they bash all Republican's that scare them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...probably-wont/
Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
n/a

Default Rick Perry's Texas

Gentlemen (and Ladies, when you post) let me enlighten you a bit about Gov. Perry. A large slice of the liberal media have been casting aspersions against him for many, many years and have failed to unseat him in Texas. Under his leadership, Texas is now the state offering the most employment opportunities, the most stable economy in the nation and the fastest growing state in the union. Why you might ask? Because the government of Texas focuses on creating an environment in which small, medium and large businesses can thrive and prosper. And we do it without raising taxes and without a state income tax. Don't be so cavalier in your assessment of Governor Perry. He is a moral conservative AND a fiscal one as well. We rather like him here.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBear View Post
Gentlemen (and Ladies, when you post) let me enlighten you a bit about Gov. Perry. A large slice of the liberal media have been casting aspersions against him for many, many years and have failed to unseat him in Texas. Under his leadership, Texas is now the state offering the most employment opportunities, the most stable economy in the nation and the fastest growing state in the union. Why you might ask? Because the government of Texas focuses on creating an environment in which small, medium and large businesses can thrive and prosper. And we do it without raising taxes and without a state income tax. Don't be so cavalier in your assessment of Governor Perry. He is a moral conservative AND a fiscal one as well. We rather like him here.
I'm not from Texas, BaylorBear, but I have followed and watched his policies for years. I rather like him too. Plus, as someone said on this forum about Sarah Palin, he's very smart and cute too.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I'm not from Texas, BaylorBear, but I have followed and watched his policies for years. I rather like him too. Plus, as someone said on this forum about Sarah Palin, he's very smart and cute too.
Thanks, BK, I let Rick know! And yes, I DO know him and his whole family.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
n/a

Being from Texas, soon to be a resident of TV, I have first hand with how Gov. Perry has conducted the business of Texas. I have not always agreed with all of his positions, Trans Texas Corridor for one, but overall he has been "Head" of a state that has created more PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS, than any other state. His idea of a sensible business environment, in spite of the Federal Govt's restrictions, and Texas being a "right to work" state, has produced these results. If anyone looks at the results, not the accent, Texas could be a model for all who want to get out of this fiscal mess that both parties in Washington have gotten us into. My favorite axiom is "NO government has any money until they take from its citizens who earned it." I do not know who said it, but that has made clear to me how destructive the spending of "social engenering" continues to be. You cannot spend your way to prosperity. I would bet the majority ot TV residents live their lives more along the lines of "pay as you go", rather than "tomorrow will take care of itself". Sorry just needed to vent.
B&BTexas
Old 05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
n/a

Default Rick Perry Presidential Push Quietly Gains Steam

With today's out of control liberal media and the technological advances in communications (facebook, et al ) a guy like Rick Perry will be radicalized and made to look like a loon. I would support him as a candidate. I just read in today's paper that Texas's success=growing population is play havoc with school enrollments which are off the charts. Perry will need to tend to that issue. I hope he runs.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM
n/a

We're doing the same in New Hampshire, without an income tax AND without a sales tax.

Just down the road they had an open house for warehouse workers, $10/hr starting pay and they didn't get enough applicants.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
We're doing the same in New Hampshire, without an income tax AND without a sales tax.

Just down the road they had an open house for warehouse workers, $10/hr starting pay and they didn't get enough applicants.
$400 a week and you have to survive in New Hampshire. Well, I guess they could live in their cars.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 AM
n/a

Well, if the Reactionary Right has not found their perfect "Americanized" version of Francisco Franco or Juan Peron, they might be happy with Rick Perry of Texas. Richie loves to copy his reactionary links onto this forum so I will do the same with one from the liberal side. Makes for good reading, actually. http://salon.glenrose.net/default.as...plink&id=13803
Old 05-21-2011, 11:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Well, if the Reactionary Right has not found their perfect "Americanized" version of Francisco Franco or Juan Peron, they might be happy with Rick Perry of Texas. Richie loves to copy his reactionary links onto this forum so I will do the same with one from the liberal side. Makes for good reading, actually. http://salon.glenrose.net/default.as...plink&id=13803
Figures you'd like this sophomoric little hit piece you linked. It's says nothing. I don't mind the source, but the author is a real maroon.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
n/a

Hey Richie,

Good to be back on the forum. I was on vacation with my family in St. Kitts for a week. Great time but very limited Internet service so I could only log in a couple of times.

Hey, at least you called the author of my link a maroon and not me! I am sure you were thinking it - but don't tell me that.

By the way, I went through airport security in Orlando, Miami, and St. Kitts and no pat-downs and no X-ray body scans. Just the usual walking through the screeners. Miami immigration & customs was terrible for their lack of organization. Masses of people with no information being given as to the next area to go to. Doggone Federal government!

Did you go hear Herman Cain at Mulberry? Interesting person to say the least.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Hey Richie,

Good to be back on the forum. I was on vacation with my family in St. Kitts for a week. Great time but very limited Internet service so I could only log in a couple of times.

Hey, at least you called the author of my link a maroon and not me! I am sure you were thinking it - but don't tell me that.

By the way, I went through airport security in Orlando, Miami, and St. Kitts and no pat-downs and no X-ray body scans. Just the usual walking through the screeners. Miami immigration & customs was terrible for their lack of organization. Masses of people with no information being given as to the next area to go to. Doggone Federal government!

Did you go hear Herman Cain at Mulberry? Interesting person to say the least.
Nah, Richie was watching Idol. I was there and listened to peoples' conversations as they headed to their carts and cars. Not a whole lot of interesting buzz. Big crowd though. If it was Palin they would have been abuzz! They sure were in a hurry to get home. Not many of them stopped at the stop signs! We needed a safety monitor stationed there.

Xavier
Old 05-21-2011, 02:52 PM
n/a

P-E-R-R-Y P-E-R-R-Y P-E-R-R-Y P-E-R-R-Y Actually Ryan, Chrisitie, Walker Daniels Huntsmen or Rubio should be given an indepth look by GOP weighing pros and cons .

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.