Right Wing will like this

Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Tony, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, with emphasis placed in bold by me for the point in discussion: "Whether someone born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent or parents is a U.S. citizen depends on the law in effect when the person was born.

"These laws have changed over the years, but usually require a combination of at least one parent being a U.S. citizen when the child was born and having lived in the U.S. or its possessions for a period of time. Additionally, children born outside the United States may become citizens after birth based on their parent’s citizenship or naturalization..."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00b92ca60aRCRD

Then has nobody at least investigated what laws were in effect when he was born? That seems simple enough for those who care.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Then has nobody at least investigated what laws were in effect when he was born? That seems simple enough for those who care.
It's still in dispute. The same arguments were used by Democrat activists to try to disqualify McCain prior to the '08 elections as he was born in Panama. The question wasn't really settled because he was born on a U.S. Military Facility that is considered U.S. Territory, and the challenge died. Now that the same tactic is being used by "birthers" it is suddenly a absurd argument, it seems.

The Supreme Court will have to rule on this one, if they wish. My guess is they won't and we won't ever have a definitive conclusion to this debate.

Laws are already being drafted to make indisputable legal proof of U.S. birth a requirement for anyone wishing to run for the office of President in the future.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:24 AM
n/a

And just what would be required?

I was born in Rhode Island in 1962.

By the standards set by the most obstinate 'birthers' I can't produce my birth certificate. I *can* produce a certified copy by going to Vital Statistics in Providence, giving them the information, showing my identification (they need to know who wants it and why) and, finally, paying a few dollars.

That's EXACTLY what Obama produced. A certified copy.

That's EXACTLY what I used to get my passport 3 years ago.

I am NOT allowed to remove the original from the state office. In fact, in the two times I've gone down to get copies, I've never SEEN the original.

The standard for 'any ordinary person' will NEVER be good enough for the birthers. They wanted to see a copy of the birth certificate, got it and still weren't happy. THat tells you there's another reason.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
And just what would be required?

I was born in Rhode Island in 1962.

By the standards set by the most obstinate 'birthers' I can't produce my birth certificate. I *can* produce a certified copy by going to Vital Statistics in Providence, giving them the information, showing my identification (they need to know who wants it and why) and, finally, paying a few dollars.

That's EXACTLY what Obama produced. A certified copy.

That's EXACTLY what I used to get my passport 3 years ago.

I am NOT allowed to remove the original from the state office. In fact, in the two times I've gone down to get copies, I've never SEEN the original.

The standard for 'any ordinary person' will NEVER be good enough for the birthers. They wanted to see a copy of the birth certificate, got it and still weren't happy. THat tells you there's another reason.
By your own admission you say that you are not allowed to "remove the original from the state office". I'm guessing a state official will, under current or a future law, have the right to present this document to elections officials for viewing, if and when you decide to put your hat in the ring for the office of President.

I might even vote for you.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 AM
n/a

It doesn't really matter now does it?

Ever wonder why Obama gets himself in trouble EVERY time he isn't reading from a teleprompter?

Won't take long.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5zvGF6u9g&feature=related[/ame]
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
It doesn't really matter now does it?

Ever wonder why Obama gets himself in trouble EVERY time he isn't reading from a teleprompter?

Won't take long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5zv...eature=related
I'm hoping you know that that was said for comic effect at the White House correspondents dinner along with other jokes. It's funny and I'm sure actually written for him and not ad-libbed.

The excerpt in question comes at 1:40

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5k4n6Wnc4[/ame]
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 AM
n/a

Richie: Heh.. No chance of me running for office. I was asked by the Libertarians to run in the 1980s for minor local office but I had too much on my plate. Unfortunately, nowadays, I would decline for other reasons. First among these is a skeleton in my closet that shouldn't matter (I was in receipt of what turned out to be stolen merchandise - even though the conviction was discharged and supposedly doesn't exist anymore, SOMEone would find it) and second would be the effect on my family being grilled by the press, even for statewide office. Lastly, I have an ex-wife who bears me considerable ill will that most people find perplexing. That means I could be the best candidate in the world but those three things disqualify me.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 AM
n/a

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I'm hoping you know that that was said for comic effect at the White House correspondents dinner along with other jokes. It's funny and I'm sure actually written for him and not ad-libbed.

The excerpt in question comes at 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5k4n6Wnc4
Knew it was. But ever wonder why he continues to joke about it?

There are longer proof videos out there, but Tbugs won't believe it. It's electronic.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
Knew it was. But ever wonder why he continues to joke about it?

There are longer proof videos out there, but Tbugs won't believe it. It's electronic.
Well, BlueHeronFan, he was in front of a very friendly audience, and in this setting he knew he would get a good laugh, as everyone in that room tries to curry his favor; and that expected laugh was designed to ridicule the people who are considered "birthers". It was a brilliant move, to tell the truth.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 AM
n/a

I thought we were talking about Bachman for President. All of a sudden it's this ridiculous birther garbage again.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I thought we were talking about Bachman for President. All of a sudden it's this ridiculous birther garbage again.
I guess nobody cares about Bachman yet. It's very early. I'm sure in a little less than a year we'll know whether we want to be talking about Bachman in depth.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.