Rinos broke their PLEDGE to

Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie,

I just had to look further and came up with a very interesting link you might like to read.

http://eileen.250x.com/Main/Einstein/Brain_Waves.htm

Take it for what you want. I am not putting it there to argue my point. I have already stated my viewpoint as to when I believe life begins. I also believe it is only up to the mother to decide if abortion is right or not for her. It is an individual choice each must make on their own without coersion from either side.
Sounds to me like they're jumping through hoops and stretching the standards of what are "brain waves" to give aid and comfort for those whose agenda is the propagation of abortion and need cover for the destruction of so much life. It seems pretty despicable to me, but then I have a weakness for those among us who can't protect themselves.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
If you read Tbugs quote (above) on brain waves, you may be interested in reading further information about Margaret Sykes.

http://www.themediareport.com/specia...aret-sykes.htm
Thanks for posting. I got some confirmation on what I've suspected, and direction for further inquiries into this subject which has long interested me.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 AM
n/a

The article found in the Daily Sun Page A9 speaks to my last post. Citing Dr. Gosnell's Abortion clinic in Philadelphia outs the ugly truth regarding this industry. People can go on about the science but the truth is that the science won't be settled no matter what proofs are offered. This has always been for me a psycholgical issue both from the point of a woman and society.
I do not know how pro abortionists can look you straight in the face and claim it is a "right" Well with "rights" come "responsibility". To have a woman say "oops" and then terminate that Oops is .............you fill in the blank. To have a woman Oops more than once and terminate is criminal. A civilzed society has a natural inclination to protect the most vulnerable among us. Unless and until Roe v Wade is reversed we will continue down this immoral path. As you are aware even the plaintiff in this case admits she was wrong and suffered from her decision to abort.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
n/a

I know this post on the seeming capitulation of the RINOS who still occupy the Republican leadership (not for long if they keep this up) in agreeing to a watered down deal with Obama & Co. has transformed into an abortion debate because of, what many people feel, is the immoral use of taxpayer's money to fund what they consider infanticide with the federal funding of Planned Parenthood.

I've just long thought it unreasonable and disingenuous for doctors to be so certain when life ends while being so uncertain when it begins.

Back to the thread at hand is the story that the National Debt has increased $54 Billion Dollars in the 8 DAYS preceding the adoption of $38.5 Billion in spending cuts. This is all just so much bulls**t.

It doesn't seem like we can ever get out of this mess that began with an overwhelmed G.W. Bush and then was doubled, and quadrupled down by Barack Obama.
Obama has put us on the precipice to national bankruptcy. Some learned people still think we can find a way to dig ourselves back out. I have no faith in that.

I'm linking the story by CNS News as they have a link to the government's own numbers to verify their assertions.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...days-preceding
Old 04-10-2011, 09:54 AM
n/a

Default I Hope We Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I know this post on the seeming capitulation of the RINOS who still occupy the Republican leadership (not for long if they keep this up) in agreeing to a watered down deal with Obama & Co....Back to the thread at hand is the story that the National Debt has increased $54 Billion Dollars in the 8 DAYS preceding the adoption of $38.5 Billion in spending cuts. This is all just so much bulls**t.

It doesn't seem like we can ever get out of this mess that began with an overwhelmed G.W. Bush and was and then was doubled, and quadrupled down by Barack Obama.
Obama has put us on the precipice to national bankruptcy....
Hopefully, we all can redirect our attention to by far the greatest threat to our American way of life. That threat isn't Right To Life, it's not terrorism, it's not nation building, it's not trying to democratize the rest of the world. (Good Lord, can we really call what we have right now in the U.S. a "democracy"? Where the representatives of the people act primarily to represent the special interests who pay them?)

No, the greatest threat to our way of life, to the importance of the U.S. among the world of nations, is our skyrocketing debt.

It's a pretty simple analysis if one simply takes a few minutes to do the arithmetic. Notwithstanding all the self-serving soundbites being made by our politicians (several from both sides on this morning's Sunday talk shows), the arithmetic shows clearly that the debt crisis can only be corrected with the enactment of life-changing "give ups" of programs and services currently funded by the government, by meaningful reductions in Social Security and Medicare, by a dramatic reduction in defense spending, and yes, an increase in income taxes will be necessary.

Do the arithmetic yourself and tell us all how it can be accomplished any other way. Our elected representatives know that, but they spend the majority of their time debating spending issues that are meaningless in the grand scheme of things (Planned Parenthood and Head Start as examples). They're more interested in appearing to appeal to voters than they are in getting to work to resolve the greatest threat to America in a century or more.

It cannot be accomplished any other way. Do the arithmetic yourself. If you can see another way, tell us all how our future budgets can be balanced with enough left over to begin to pay down the national debt.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Hopefully, we all can redirect our attention to by far the greatest threat to our American way of life. That threat isn't Right To Life, it's not terrorism, it's not nation building, it's not trying to democratize the rest of the world. (Good Lord, can we really call what we have right now in the U.S. a "democracy"? Where the representatives of the people act primarily to represent the special interests who pay them?)

No, the greatest threat to our way of life, to the importance of the U.S. among the world of nations, is our skyrocketing debt.

It's a pretty simple analysis if one simply takes a few minutes to do the arithmetic. Notwithstanding all the self-serving soundbites being made by our politicians (several from both sides on this morning's Sunday talk shows), the arithmetic shows clearly that the debt crisis can only be corrected with the enactment of life-changing "give ups" of programs and services currently funded by the government, by meaningful reductions in Social Security and Medicare, by a dramatic reduction in defense spending, and yes, an increase in income taxes will be necessary.

Do the arithmetic yourself and tell us all how it can be accomplished any other way. Our elected representatives know that, but they spend the majority of their time debating spending issues that are meaningless in the grand scheme of things (Planned Parenthood and Head Start as examples). They're more interested in appearing to appeal to voters than they are in getting to work to resolve the greatest threat to America in a century or more.

It cannot be accomplished any other way. Do the arithmetic yourself. If you can see another way, tell us all how our future budgets can be balanced with enough left over to begin to pay down the national debt.

Of course you are right, but how to do this with the self-serving people we've entrusted to accomplish this is the problem.

People want what you are preaching until it comes down to some government benefit being denied, or cut, that they receive.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:01 AM
n/a

Paul Ryan is the repub sweetheart on the budget. Just now on Face the Nation.. he praised the Friday budget deal indicating it is a good start. How disappointing.. He says his budget sets us on a path to pay off the debt... More BS.. his plan does not even balance the budget for at least 27 years.. and during that 27 years the DEBT increases dramatically beyond the current 14.3 trillion. Soon the dollar will no longer be the reserve currency for the world and that is the only thing that allows us to hid our crisis using all of this deficit spending and money printing. Countries that are not the international reserve currency and print trillions are called failed economies and banana republics. The only thing that dems and repubs have the courage to do is print money and paper over the problem for as long as they can get elected.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
n/a

Default This Could Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Paul Ryan is the repub sweetheart on the budget....his plan does not even balance the budget for at least 27 years.. and during that 27 years the DEBT increases dramatically beyond the current 14.3 trillion. Soon the dollar will no longer be the reserve currency for the world...
If we don't stop the unsustainable and dramatic increase in our national borrowing from the rest of the world to finance our spending, that is a distinct possibility. If that were to happen, our budget and spending would have to be adjusted downward immediately. Without the ability to print money to pay for our governmental expenditures there would be only three alternatives--
  • Continue to borrow money to finance spending (not likely, see what Greece and Ireland are experiencing now. Lenders might be willing to make loans to us in a new currency, but not dollars.)
  • Dramatically decrease federal spending
  • Or dramatically increase taxes
There are some experts who believe that the U.S. Dollar being replaced as the world's reserve currency is something that will happen in the forseeable future. Speaking only for myself, even with a career spent as a banker, I don't know how that happens. I doubt that it happens all at once, that there's a vote of all the creditor nations not to accept payment in U.S. dollars any more. My guess is that it would happen over a period of time.

As an example, what if Saudi Arabia began to say they'd prefer to be paid for their oil in Euros instead of dollars? Or what if the Chinese said they would only lend us (and require repayment in) Euros instead of dollars--we'd have to convert the Euros they lent us to dollars to spend here in the U.S. and then convert dollars back to Euros to repay them at the going exchange rate when our debt obligations mature. In that example we could print all the dollars we wanted to and their reduced value would be reflected in the Euro-Dollar exchange rate, less valuable dollars would buy less in Euros to pay off a debt denominated in Euros.

The reason that the dollar being replaced as the world reserve currency is possible, even probable, is that the rest of the world who lends us dollars by buying our Treasury bonds and notes are quickly tiring of lending us dollars with a given value, then being reapid when their loans mature with dollars worth substantially less (as our profligate spending, borrowing and money-printing continues to deflate the value of the dollar compared to other currencies).

I hope this isn't too complicated, but I believe this is a distinct possibility. It would become more possible if another currency or basket of currencies became an attractive and liquid alternative to the U.S. dollar as payment for trade.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
n/a

Here's the test, when we take the White House and the Senate back in 2012 we'll see what they do then.

Then the libs will really start screaming about killing seniors and putting kids out on the street with no food.

Bottom line is the Democrats simply won't do with one penny less. The Republicans aren't much better but they are better.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 PM
n/a

Default It is already happening..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
If we don't stop the unsustainable and dramatic increase in our national borrowing from the rest of the world to finance our spending, that is a distinct possibility. If that were to happen, our budget and spending would have to be adjusted downward immediately. Without the ability to print money to pay for our governmental expenditures there would be only three alternatives--
  • Continue to borrow money to finance spending (not likely, see what Greece and Ireland are experiencing now. Lenders might be willing to make loans to us in a new currency, but not dollars.)
  • Dramatically decrease federal spending
  • Or dramatically increase taxes
There are some experts who believe that the U.S. Dollar being replaced as the world's reserve currency is something that will happen in the forseeable future. Speaking only for myself, even with a career spent as a banker, I don't know how that happens. I doubt that it happens all at once, that there's a vote of all the creditor nations not to accept payment in U.S. dollars any more. My guess is that it would happen over a period of time.

As an example, what if Saudi Arabia began to say they'd prefer to be paid for their oil in Euros instead of dollars? Or what if the Chinese said they would only lend us (and require repayment in) Euros instead of dollars--we'd have to convert the Euros they lent us to dollars to spend here in the U.S. and then convert dollars back to Euros to repay them at the going exchange rate when our debt obligations mature. In that example we could print all the dollars we wanted to and their reduced value would be reflected in the Euro-Dollar exchange rate, less valuable dollars would buy less in Euros to pay off a debt denominated in Euros.

The reason that the dollar being replaced as the world reserve currency is possible, even probable, is that the rest of the world who lends us dollars by buying our Treasury bonds and notes are quickly tiring of lending us dollars with a given value, then being reapid when their loans mature with dollars worth substantially less (as our profligate spending, borrowing and money-printing continues to deflate the value of the dollar compared to other currencies).

I hope this isn't too complicated, but I believe this is a distinct possibility. It would become more possible if another currency or basket of currencies became an attractive and liquid alternative to the U.S. dollar as payment for trade.
It is already happening:
http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/10/mark...llar/index.htm

Your new money will probably be called a SDR, a Juan, or a Euro.
Just google the subject. Other currencies already being used increasingly in foreign exchanges.
We have the international reserve currency ONLY because we had the strongest economy and the most stable money. That has ended.

It will not happen over night UNLESS after QE 2 ends and we cannot sell the bonds at an auction necessary to continue the spending or service the debt. I think that could happen shortly after the end of QE2 on July 1st. I think the FED then would rush to announce QE3 which would give us just a little more time during which the IMF would announce a new international currency, or China, oil countries, and Europe will announce all financial transactions in Juan or Euro payments.
JJ
did you see how low the dollar went on Friday?? about 75.
Devaluing the dollar to "create" more jobs was a smoke screen. We did it so We could use our visa to pay our mastercard and spend more.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:30 PM
n/a

Default I respectfully disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Here's the test, when we take the White House and the Senate back in 2012 we'll see what they do then.

Then the libs will really start screaming about killing seniors and putting kids out on the street with no food.

Bottom line is the Democrats simply won't do with one penny less. The Republicans aren't much better but they are better.
Repubs are not better than Dems.
Dems lie and say there is no problem.
Repubs say there is a big problem and then lie when promise that they will actually do what is necessary to fix it.
Paul Ryan's Path to Prosperity is such as joke. 27 or more YEARS of deficits.. during that time our DEBT increases dramatically and he knows this gov could never stay on that path for 27 years. Any fix that takes longer than 5 years will never work.. During the next 5 years the DEBT will increase where it can never be paid, unfortunately where we probably already are.
Both want to get re elected and are afraid to say and do the right thing because they rightfully believe that NOW half the voters love the gov freebies, and do not want to give them up.
Any politician who says they can fix the debt without causing a recession is lying. We have not had a real recovery from a recession since 1971 because we have papered over all of them. A real recession recovery causes the value of everything to drop including lifestyles to where the real economy can sustain them.
JJ
Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM
n/a

Once again, I have to say that life does not begin until a baby is born or can sustain itself by breathing outside the mother's body.

One of you stated that this is just a slippery slope so government can get rid of old fools who take up too many resources. Not true at all.

How many of us have had relatives who signed a Do Not Resusitate order? Would you want your relative to linger for possibly years in a vegatative state breathing only with the assistance of a machine? I hope the answer is NO.

I had a friend whose mother suffered a massive stroke, was in a nursing facility for about 2 years, did not know who or where she was, was in constant agony,could not communicate and only screamed and cried and could only breathe with help of a machine. Her son wanted to turn off the breathing apparatus but his sister just refused saying a cure was always coming the next week. Fortunately, the mother passed on.

The choice of abortion is up to each mother individually. Take it another step. If it was your daughter telling you she was pregnant and was going to have an abortion for whatever reason - would you support her? Please do not say that she would never do that based on upbringing, etc. I just want to know if you as a parent would support your daughter in her decision?
Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM
n/a

Barefoot -
Thanks for posting that information about Margaret Sykes. It was interesting to read and to see how desparate that Pro-Life people are about misleading others. Your posting did a great service to the Pro-Choice side. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:16 PM
n/a

Default Please consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Barefoot -
Thanks for posting that information about Margaret Sykes. It was interesting to read and to see how desparate that Pro-Life people are about misleading others. Your posting did a great service to the Pro-Choice side. Thanks.
What is the definition of Death?
a : a permanent cessation of all vital functions : the end of life

If death is the end of life, the permanent cessation of all vital functions, then life is the presence of any vital function. That begins before 20 weeks. FAR sooner. Why not just check for heart beat or brain waves? If they are there you cannot abort except in self defense, simple as that.
JJ
Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
n/a

100 years from now....no one will care!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.