Rubio Misses Votes

Rubio Misses Votes

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Rubio's response to this political ploy to harness is rise in the polls was to my wayof thinking logical.

He essential said Washington is broken and what does or doesn't get voted on doesn't matter because Obama will veto it anyway.. The only way it is going to get fixed is to elect a new president who can bring in a new era of government....that is why I am running

Given the fact that Republicans capitulated to Obama and the Democrats regarding the budget I am inclined to agree with Marco

Personal Best Regards:

marco
  #12  
Old 12-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Rubio's response to this political ploy to harness is rise in the polls was to my wayof thinking logical.

He essential said Washington is broken and what does or doesn't get voted on doesn't matter because Obama will veto it anyway.. The only way it is going to get fixed is to elect a new president who can bring in a new era of government....that is why I am running

Given the fact that Republicans capitulated to Obama and the Democrats regarding the budget I am inclined to agree with Marco

Personal Best Regards:
marco's answer is to put it on a credit card, not his own lol
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 12-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
marco's answer is to put it on a credit card, not his own lol
Is that how he is going to pay for Obamacare so that it won't bankrupt medicare and our children?
  #14  
Old 01-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Rubio's response to this political ploy to harness is rise in the polls was to my wayof thinking logical.

He essential said Washington is broken and what does or doesn't get voted on doesn't matter because Obama will veto it anyway.. The only way it is going to get fixed is to elect a new president who can bring in a new era of government....that is why I am running

Given the fact that Republicans capitulated to Obama and the Democrats regarding the budget I am inclined to agree with Marco

Personal Best Regards:
So you are saying that Senators shouldn't vote if they are sure the president is going to veto. That's absurd. The guy should quit.
  #15  
Old 01-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
So you are saying that Senators shouldn't vote if they are sure the president is going to veto. That's absurd. The guy should quit.
I must have read his post different than you. For some reason you have such insight on what a poster "really" means when they make a comment. Often not even what they said. Actually, ALWAYS what they didn't say.
  #16  
Old 01-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
So you are saying that Senators shouldn't vote if they are sure the president is going to veto. That's absurd. The guy should quit.
Dear Guest: WHOA! What a major jump you make regarding my aforementioned comments. Again I said the criticism of Rubio's voting record is simply a political ploy to stop Rubio's rise as he is becoming the Establishment candidate. Secondly an alert member was kind enough to factcheck and found Obama missed 64% of the vote in 2008 while Kerry lost 90% in 2004 to Rubio's hold your breath 34%. Thirdly I said Rubio logically stated that given Washington is broken and/or Obama is going to ignore Congress anyway and veto every bill he felt more productive doing the thing that needs fixing and that's electing a president that will abide by the US Constitution, work with congress and conduct the peoples business.

Suppose you work for a Fortune 500. The President & CEO says Guest if you want that promotion to Senior Vice President, a stepping stone to this office then you need to get on a plane right now and fly to London for that meeting in the morning. However your other CEO says honey, its my birthday you always take me out on my birthday and you know how displeased and disagreeable I can become if you miss my birthday.

What are you going do Guest ?

You answer and then I'll give you my take on what is the wisest and most sensible decision.

Personal Best Regards:
  #17  
Old 01-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dear guest: when I originally wrote this for some reason it all got erased so I had to begin again.

anyway in the first attempt I said that the point to my second point was that since Obama (64%) Kerry (90%) were higher than Rubio's (34%) it clearly pointed out that the issue is pure unadulerated bupkus

Personal Best Regards:
  #18  
Old 01-01-2016, 07:10 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Dear guest: when I originally wrote this for some reason it all got erased so I had to begin again.

anyway in the first attempt I said that the point to my second point was that since Obama (64%) Kerry (90%) were higher than Rubio's (34%) it clearly pointed out that the issue is pure unadulerated bupkus

Personal Best Regards:
  #19  
Old 01-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
From Factcheck.org

"Obama missed more than 64 percent of votes in 2008, and Kerry missed even more nearly 90 percent in 2004."
====
Kind of tough to be in two places at once, D.C. and the campaign trail. No one faulted Obie one or scary Kerry about their missed votes. Why the sudden interest in Rubio? Scared that he is the next possible president? Apparently, the news media are saying that Rubio has the BEST chance to beat Chillary. That must be scaring a lot of Demarels (Dem-Liberal)
I don't know if you just didn't read the article in FactCheck.org, or if you are trying to be dishonest, but what FactCheck.org said, is that the numbers Rubio cited for Obama and Kerry were for an election year, while right now Rubio's votes missed are for an off-election year. in order to make apples to apples comparison, FactCheck.org calculated the percentage of missed votes through the first nine months of the year before the general election year for the senators. By this measure, Rubio missed a higher percentage of votes than Obama, but not higher than Kerry. Rubio missed 30% while Obama missed 25%.

What is interesting to me is that in this year, of the five senators currently seeking the presidency, Rubio at 33.7 percent, has missed the most votes this year, and Sanders at 3.4 percent, has missed the fewest.
  #20  
Old 01-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't know if you just didn't read the article in FactCheck.org, or if you are trying to be dishonest, but what FactCheck.org said, is that the numbers Rubio cited for Obama and Kerry were for an election year, while right now Rubio's votes missed are for an off-election year. in order to make apples to apples comparison, FactCheck.org calculated the percentage of missed votes through the first nine months of the year before the general election year for the senators. By this measure, Rubio missed a higher percentage of votes than Obama, but not higher than Kerry. Rubio missed 30% while Obama missed 25%.

What is interesting to me is that in this year, of the five senators currently seeking the presidency, Rubio at 33.7 percent, has missed the most votes this year, and Sanders at 3.4 percent, has missed the fewest.
So, what's your point? You must have one. Rubio missed some votes. Obama missed votes and Kerry missed votes. Do you really want to delve into how Obama voted or didn't vote when he was there? Do you want to compare Obama's present but not voted? You are just attempting to keep a redundant thread open, that is already totally moot. The issue of Rubio's votes is a non-issue to anyone that understands the requirements of campaigning. Now, if Rubio was to resign so that he could campaign, you would have issue with that also. You would be saying that Rubio, like Palin is a quitter. This is the same exact thing that Palin when through when she was required to be in court for a long period of time because of liberal attacks that turned out to be false. She was totally exonerated but because of the time off required to be in court, she resigned from her governor position. And yet you liberals had a field day on it, yelling like petulant children that she was a quitter.

So, Rubio missed votes. So do other candidates when they are campaigning. He made a good response to that when he said Obama just vetos anything that comes from the Republican majority anyway. It's true, Obama is childish and has his tantrums and refuses to work with Republicans, calling them "the enemy."

So, get over it and move on. This is a non-issue for everyone but liberals attempting to slur Rubio because they know he is an easy win over Chillery. You might as well get used to seeing Rubio, because he is likely to be your next president.
 

Tags
florida, talk, votes, misses, rubio

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.