An Idea For Posting That Might Help:

Old 02-19-2015, 04:59 PM
n/a

Default An Idea For Posting That Might Help:

I know it can be confusing when you're trying to have a conversation with one certain poster and someone else comes in and you think you're still talking to the same poster but you're not. So here's an idea that might be helpful:

The OP should always sign off as "OP" at the end of his/her post.
Then the first person to respond should sign off as guest #1 at the end of his/her post. The next person entering the conversation would sign off as guest #2

If someone doesn't take a number they probably don't intend to return, so don't worry about it. Those who want to be part of the conversation will take a number.

Of course honesty helps so we hope that trolls don't take someone else's number to derail the conversation.

OP
Old 02-19-2015, 07:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I know it can be confusing when you're trying to have a conversation with one certain poster and someone else comes in and you think you're still talking to the same poster but you're not. So here's an idea that might be helpful:

The OP should always sign off as "OP" at the end of his/her post.
Then the first person to respond should sign off as guest #1 at the end of his/her post. The next person entering the conversation would sign off as guest #2

If someone doesn't take a number they probably don't intend to return, so don't worry about it. Those who want to be part of the conversation will take a number.

Of course honesty helps so we hope that trolls don't take someone else's number to derail the conversation.

OP
How about if we just ditch the "Guest" thing and use our regular TOTV userids??
Old 02-19-2015, 09:11 PM
n/a

We could just put our real names at the end of our post. That would solve the identity problem and might help keep the discussion civil.

Cliff
Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
We could just put our real names at the end of our post. That would solve the identity problem and might help keep the discussion civil.

Cliff
We could also just drop the political forum again.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 PM
n/a

Another idea - live with the current terms and conditions.
Another idea - if you don't like the format - quit the forum.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Or, heaven forbid, you as a business owner actually respond to your customers and adjust your bizarre rules.

I have access to literally thousands of IP addresses, and for the uninformed, no one can block your COMPUTER, just an internet (IP) address. Log on from any public or different private internet IP address and you're on!

I'm sure the moderator of this site wants to open this can of worms.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ah… an interesting business practice where the business owner intimidates and threatens the customer. Nice…
Old 02-20-2015, 01:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
OP leave it be. Obey the rules or we will lose the political forum again.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ah… an interesting business practice where the business owner intimidates and threatens the customer. Nice…
Yes, that's what I thought. Bizarre indeed.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:05 AM
n/a

Here we go again. Posters complaining about the rules established for reentry of the political forum as being childish yet said posters are not acting like grown ups.

For the second time I write...did you not understand that the political forum was reinstated on a trial basis.

So far I have to agree with TOTV as a select number of posters can't resist the need to instigate. If you want to continue that type of behavior go to another blog. You serve no useful purpose here. No one gains any insight or additional knowledge from your irrational rants

Moderators can't you shut down these recalcitrants? Boot them off, please
Old 02-20-2015, 08:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Here we go again. Posters complaining about the rules established for reentry of the political forum as being childish yet said posters are not acting like grown ups.

For the second time I write...did you not understand that the political forum was reinstated on a trial basis.

So far I have to agree with TOTV as a select number of posters can't resist the need to instigate. If you want to continue that type of behavior go to another blog. You serve no useful purpose here. No one gains any insight or additional knowledge from your irrational rants

Moderators can't you shut down these recalcitrants? Boot them off, please
Agee with this post 100%. I second the motion to remove those posters who refuse to follow the guidelines and/or continue to try to skirt around the rules, thereby allowing the rest of us to continue with intelligent discussion and debate on matters political.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 AM
n/a

Default Shut 'er down!

For the life of me I can't figure out why the obviously industrious and intelligent owner of TOTV would subject him/herself to this insanity. There can't possibly be a big enough financial payback in restating the Political Forum. The folks that have begged for it's return obviously want it back on their terms and their terms only. You will never have a moment of peace while it is allowed to continue.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:30 AM
n/a

Default The owner

Quote:
For the life of me I can't figure out why the obviously industrious and intelligent owner of TOTV would subject him/herself to this insanity. There can't possibly be a big enough financial payback in restating the Political Forum. The folks that have begged for it's return obviously want it back on their terms and their terms only. You will never have a moment of peace while it is allowed to continue.
Knows the outlandish comments made in this forum by this six make good reading nationwide. This generates traffic. They love the ideology the few spew for the shock value and how popular this is for sport. My only fear is that others will believe the crap spewed is what the majority here believe.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
And just what are those terms?

As I see it - the folks who wanted the forum back are content to have the forum exist as re-established using a universal 'Guest' logon...while the previous 'agitators' who were responsible for the forum's original demise are simply back agitating - AGAIN! We will have peace as soon as they are booted again.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Knows the outlandish comments made in this forum by this six make good reading nationwide. This generates traffic. They love the ideology the few spew for the shock value and how popular this is for sport. My only fear is that others will believe the crap spewed is what the majority here believe.
Please post the name of the "six" as you refer to them, or just shut up.

This is a TOPIX term thus we have an idea about you but be an adult, POST THE NAMES OF THE SIX that you speak of...for those who do not want to go in the pig sty of TOPIX.

Post the names or shut up. If you do not have the nerve I will go there and cut and paste the names on here for you but go there and post and leave adults alone.

To accuse TOTV of something as you are is typical of that forum.

One mans crap is anothers truth...how do you KNOW they have the crap and you dont ????

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.