Trump get Ford to back out of Mex

Old 11-17-2016, 09:14 PM
n/a

Arrow Trump get Ford to back out of Mex

Just saved jobs

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico

another a few minutes later

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great State of Kentucky for their confidence in me!
Old 11-17-2016, 10:01 PM
n/a

They say that even Apple is talking about bringing iPhone manufacturing back to the US!

The Force of Trump is strong!
Old 11-17-2016, 10:30 PM
n/a

Hate to tell you but Ford never had plans to move their Kentucky Lincoln production to Mexico. So much for the Force of Trump.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 07:26 AM
n/a

Steve Jobs called me and confirmed all future Apple production will be made in USA, he mentioned Trump as the reason.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
They say that even Apple is talking about bringing iPhone manufacturing back to the US!

The Force of Trump is strong!
I don't know who they are, but I hope you're right. We need to not only keep and increase production here, but also get lost production back. Going to the Apple store and seeing the long lines of people buying an American company's products made overseas ****es me off.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 08:15 AM
n/a

Spokeswoman Christin Baker said Ford "confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly plant will stay in Kentucky".
Old 11-18-2016, 09:15 AM
n/a

Bottom line. Ford never planned to move production from Kentucky. Ford and Trump must have had an interesting conversation. Ford will be moving small car production from Michigan to Mexico. Makes sense. Small cars have lower profit margins and are impacted by the cost of labor. SUV's have higher profit margins so labor cost has less impact. The free enterprise system at work. Of course, this is the same philosophy that shipped American jobs to our best friends in Communist China. That's why the Buick Envision is made there. Remember the Domino Theory?
Old 11-18-2016, 09:16 AM
n/a

Seems to me that if you folks are going to come on here and tout the informational assets of this forum and at the same time you are going to demean the media, that you might do some reading yourself other than sites dedicated to simply tout one side. It would help a lot.

"President-elect Donald Trump claimed credit on Thursday for keeping a Ford plant in Kentucky from moving to Mexico. But the company never planned to move the entire plant, only one of its production lines.

Ford has never announced plans to move to Mexico either its Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, which produces the Lincoln Navigator, or the Louisville Assembly Plant, which produces the Lincoln MKC and the Ford Escape.

In a statement on Thursday night, following Trump's tweet, the company said it had told Trump it would cancel a plan to shift production of a single model — the MKC — from Kentucky to Mexico. The company last year indicated it would be moving MKC production out of Louisville, though it did not announce where it was going. At the time, union leaders said the shift would not cost any jobs in Kentucky, because Escape production would replace lost MKC production."

Trump just took credit for stopping Ford from moving a plant to Mexico. But it wasn’t planning to. - The Washington Post

Despite Trump victory lap, Ford wasn't planning to move plant to Mexico - Nov. 17, 2016
Old 11-18-2016, 09:18 AM
n/a

Rocky folks that are color blind can't read your post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:56 AM
n/a

It won't matter what Trump does to improve our economy, Obamanites will just live in denial and claim that Obama is the reason for the season. I bet Trump won't be blaming Bush for his failures, although he might blame Obama for Obama failures. Trump will be looking ahead though, and is already moving forward. Faster than most other presidents when they were elected, including Obama. Pence told congress to buckle their seat belts. Trump has already accomplished more in two weeks than Obama did in two years. Just being elected has already boosted the market. Not that I put much stock (pun) in market trends.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Just saved jobs

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico

another a few minutes later

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

I worked hard with Bill Ford to keep the Lincoln plant in Kentucky. I owed it to the great State of Kentucky for their confidence in me!
Mr. Ford denounced this statement. He said that Ford had never considered moving this particular plant from Louisville KY. to Mexico !! Trump is taking credit for something he didn't do.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Mr. Ford denounced this statement. He said that Ford had never considered moving this particular plant from Louisville KY. to Mexico !! Trump is taking credit for something he didn't do.
Oh no! Trump might be turning into a politician, heaven forbid. Kind of like Obama taking credit for the death of Bin Laden, or for our great economic recovery.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:38 PM
n/a

Ok, HillyBots full story

the auto maker planned to move output of MKC to Mexico so that it could build more Escapes.

Donald Trump, Ford Motor and Kentucky Jobs: What’s Really Happening - WSJ
Old 11-18-2016, 01:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Ok, HillyBots full story

the auto maker planned to move output of MKC to Mexico so that it could build more Escapes.

Donald Trump, Ford Motor and Kentucky Jobs: What’s Really Happening - WSJ
from the link and the WSJ..

t

"The Lincoln move to Mexico wasn’t expected to cost anyone in Kentucky their job."

This is Trump's tweet....

"Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky - no Mexico"

Very misleading and self satisfying.

Why could he not simply either let it be in the news as it was, or simply state the facts.

You people talk about the media misleading you....geez, this guy is far and above them in that department
Old 11-18-2016, 01:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hate to tell you but Ford never had plans to move their Kentucky Lincoln production to Mexico. So much for the Force of Trump.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Absolutely correct. Another Trump lie.

Tags
ford, trump, advised, chairman, lincoln

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.