Science March in Different Cities.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 PM
n/a

Default Science March in Different Cities.

Marches for Science Outdraw Donald Trump's Inauguration

Good sized crowds and even in the rain.

This is in part for Earth Day and Donald John Trump's seeming refusal to acknowledge Global Warming.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

This is in part for Earth Day and Donald John Trump's seeming refusal to acknowledge Global Warming.
It doesn't take much for an upset liberal to march. Many don't work so it is easy for them to gather. I posted another thread about Science Marches and that was in protest of funding cuts they were experiencing to research.

Did you know that Yale University received a grant for $435 thousand bucks to study the size and shape of Duck *****es? I am not kidding. Apparently some are like corkscrews.

I know.
That really surprised me. I wonder what.....

Never mind..........
Old 04-22-2017, 04:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
It doesn't take much for an upset liberal to march. Many don't work so it is easy for them to gather. I posted another thread about Science Marches and that was in protest of funding cuts they were experiencing to research.

Did you know that Yale University received a grant for $435 thousand bucks to study the size and shape of Duck *****es? I am not kidding. Apparently some are like corkscrews.

I know.

Never mind..........
Actually it was mainly scientists-- working scientists-- who were marching as far as I know and they are very upset with President Donald John Trump's policies with respect to the sciences and Global Warming. March for Science

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/s...r-science.html
Old 04-22-2017, 05:05 PM
n/a

Quote:

I know.

Never mind..........
Those bleeding heart bast...s

"The Trump administration's budget blueprint calls for reducing National Institutes of Health spending by $5.8 billion, but the chief executive officer of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis said now is the time to increase investment in cancer research.

"We as an institution do not comment on the political landscape and decisions that are being made, but in general, great progress has been made in cancer, great progress has been made in our understanding of the drivers of cancer and how we can use that information most effectively treating patients," St. Jude CEO Dr. James R. Downing said.

Amid proposed Trump cuts, St. Jude CEO says now's the time for cancer research investment

"The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) would see a $15.1 billion reduction (18% funding cut). HHS seeks to enhance and protect the health and well-being of all Americans. HHS administers a host of programs that impact health, social services, and overall wellbeing for millions of Americans
HHS includes dozens of agencies and offices including:
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) would see a $5.8 billion reduction (18% funding cut). The NIH is the largest source of funding for medical research in the world. The President’s budget calls for the twenty-seven centers and institutes that make up the NIH to undergo a “major reorganization”
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) is a part of the NIH. The NCI coordinates the National Cancer Program which conducts and supports research, training, and health information dissemination. Due to the work of the NCI, significant progress has been made in the fight against cancer with the overall rate of death from the disease decreasing for over a decade.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) administers health care programs and insurance for older Americans, people with lower incomes, pregnant women, children, people with disabilities, and others
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the control and supervision of food, medications, medical devices, and other products
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) leads public efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation."

President Trump’s Budget Significantly Reduces Funding for Cancer Research

"Given the volume and nature of NIH- and NCI-funded cancer research, it is unlikely that the private sector or charitable foundations could make up the difference should the White House's proposed budget cuts be adopted by congress.

These cuts “would not be mitigated in any meaningful way by private-sector investment,” Mr Pugach said. “It is not the type of research that the private sector typically invests in as it is often viewed as too tenuous or risky, where the horizon line for commercialization is widely viewed as being too long for a sufficient return on investment.”

http://www.cancertherapyadvisor.com/...icle/646792/2/

"The White House’s proposal also includes a $314 million cut to the CDC, affecting some of its occupational safety, public health, and HIV/AIDS programs; a $350 million cut to the National Science Foundation; a $100 million cut to mental health grants given under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; and a $40 million decrease in FDA staffing."

Trump Administration Proposes More NIH Budget Cuts
Old 04-22-2017, 05:43 PM
n/a

Quote:

I know.

Never mind..........
Yeah...screw that cancer stuff, right Gracie....at least...that damn cancer research at NIH is boring. Maybe Mexico can fund our research.

"Money for the wall President Donald Trump wants to build along the U.S. border with Mexico must be part of the massive spending bill Congress is preparing, the White House budget director says."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/21/trump...ll-a-must.html

"President Donald Trump is proposing immediate budget cuts of $18 billion from programs like medical research, infrastructure and community grants so U.S. taxpayers, not Mexico, can cover the down payment on the border wall."

Trump Mexico Wall: WH Calls for Domestic Cuts to Pay for It | Fortune.com
Old 04-22-2017, 05:57 PM
n/a

Given the metastatic cancer that has gripped Trump cultists, it's not at all surprising...that he would want to curtail spending in that area.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Given the metastatic cancer that has gripped Trump cultists, it's not at all surprising...that he would want to curtail spending in that area.
CBS News had an interesting segments on Earth Day, a Climate Realist, and a guy who takes measurements of the snow named Barry Barr. Colorado man keeps extensive climate change records - Videos - CBS News
Old 04-22-2017, 08:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually it was mainly scientists-- working scientists-- who were marching as far as I know and they are very upset with President Donald John Trump's policies with respect to the sciences and Global Warming. March for Science

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/s...r-science.html
They're upset because maybe the old system of "report what we want of we won't use you again" may be ending? "Science"...the social "sciences" are political tools. Most "scientists" work directly or indirectly with the government. They know to produce the desired results.

Quote:
The metastatic cancer is the rising minority majority. It WILL destroy America. Is already is...down from #1 to #25 with whites at 49% the population.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
They're upset because maybe the old system of "report what we want of we won't use you again" may be ending? "Science"...the social "sciences" are political tools. Most "scientists" work directly or indirectly with the government. They know to produce the desired results.

The metastatic cancer is the rising minority majority. It WILL destroy America. Is already is...down from #1 to #25 with whites at 49% the population.
H-1B visa rules for computer programmers in US: 6 things you need to know | india-news | Hindustan Times

This is interesting. How Trump's immigration policies affect Indian computer programmers wishing to immigrate to the US.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
H-1B visa rules for computer programmers in US: 6 things you need to know | india-news | Hindustan Times

This is interesting. How Trump's immigration policies affect Indian computer programmers wishing to immigrate to the US.
H1b is the way the corporations use the government to get cheap labor. Things they can't outsource. it should be ended because there ARE Americans available to do the work...only not for that price. He should end the program...but he won't...those corporations got him elected and they call the shots. IF by some miracle...the program is ended...rest assured, they've found another way to get the work done cheaply.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yeah...screw that cancer stuff, right Gracie....at least...that damn cancer research at NIH is boring. Maybe Mexico can fund our research.

"Money for the wall President Donald Trump wants to build along the U.S. border with Mexico must be part of the massive spending bill Congress is preparing, the White House budget director says."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/21/trump...ll-a-must.html

"President Donald Trump is proposing immediate budget cuts of $18 billion from programs like medical research, infrastructure and community grants so U.S. taxpayers, not Mexico, can cover the down payment on the border wall."

Trump Mexico Wall: WH Calls for Domestic Cuts to Pay for It | Fortune.com

You know Bucco. THAT is the reason that few take you seriously. You jump, you leap, you catapult to your own obsessions. Your own opinions and you are so wordy.

I think that there is a valid reason to see that all funded research is warranted. I said NOTHING about valid research did I? About Cancer research, about Genetic research, about good, solid research done by solid facilities about important issues.

The Government of the United State wastes a hell of a lot of money. That is the reason I see this administration rethinking the wall and just continue to see that the laws about immigration are enforced. That is working very well and Trump doesn't seem to mind abandoning one plan if another works better.

I really believe that for the first time in a long time, this administration is trying to lock down on wasteful spending.

We will see. My guess is as good as yours.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:51 AM
n/a

Quote:

Who cares? Big deal, Global Warming. If you don't like it, volunteer for the expedition to mars. Global warming will not effect you, your grandchildren or your great-great-great grandchildren in a negative manner. SO, find something valid to complain about. Bunch of spoiled crybabies. Maybe if you worked for a living, really worked, you wouldn't have time to worry about the fate of the universe. I bet you were a student volunteer for Dr. Timothy Leary, right?
Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Who cares? Big deal, Global Warming. If you don't like it, volunteer for the expedition to mars. Global warming will not effect you, your grandchildren or your great-great-great grandchildren in a negative manner. SO, find something valid to complain about. Bunch of spoiled crybabies. Maybe if you worked for a living, really worked, you wouldn't have time to worry about the fate of the universe. I bet you were a student volunteer for Dr. Timothy Leary, right?
Typical head in sand, brain up ass
Old 04-23-2017, 04:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Typical head in sand, brain up ass
Oh? Why not give us some stats on how much the temperature is predicted to change in the next hundred years? About one degree? Oooh, I bet our children will really suffer. Wow, if you liberals do not have something ridiculous to worry about, your liberal shrinks would go broke.

NO, the ones with their head in the sand are those that think that the credit card payment will never come due. You waste money on stupid studies and social programs like stupid art, and then complain about money being spent on valid expenses like defense.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
You know Bucco. THAT is the reason that few take you seriously. You jump, you leap, you catapult to your own obsessions. Your own opinions and you are so wordy.

I think that there is a valid reason to see that all funded research is warranted. I said NOTHING about valid research did I? About Cancer research, about Genetic research, about good, solid research done by solid facilities about important issues.

The Government of the United State wastes a hell of a lot of money. That is the reason I see this administration rethinking the wall and just continue to see that the laws about immigration are enforced. That is working very well and Trump doesn't seem to mind abandoning one plan if another works better.

I really believe that for the first time in a long time, this administration is trying to lock down on wasteful spending.

We will see. My guess is as good as yours.
He is making a cut to NIH.....NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR HEALTH...this is the source for much of the cancer research in our country.

His cuts are not as defined as yo want everyone to believe. He did not pick and choose. He just slashed the NIH which has nothing to do global warning.

As to immigration.....when he began to spout off in the primary, there was legislation one going to improve security at the border and have immigration reform.

Your hero mocked that....it was bi partisan by the way, and has destroyed that movement forever.

As far as nobody taking me seriously, I realize that you and Rubicon think you have all the information that matters..,,I realize you believe you two own the moral compass....I realize you two post on here and present FACTS...I realize I should be learning from you, and I apologize for the disrespect I give to you and Rubicon for posting FACTS and current information, which is accurate and up to date.

You two are really up to date and smart, and as you say...I am just stupid and know very little.

Tags
day, cities, march, science

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.