Jeb Bush released your emails?

Old 02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
n/a

Default Jeb Bush released your emails?

If you sent any email to Jeb while he was governor here in Florida you can now find them on the internet. Jeb decided in the interest of transparency to release all of his emails from his administration. While openness is a worthwhile goal unfortunately many Floridians included what would seem to be information they would not want made public and any release of Jeb's emails should have reviewed them for such information.

Jeb Bush dumps emails including social security numbers of Florida residents online | The Verge
Old 02-10-2015, 07:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If you sent any email to Jeb while he was governor here in Florida you can now find them on the internet. Jeb decided in the interest of transparency to release all of his emails from his administration. While openness is a worthwhile goal unfortunately many Floridians included what would seem to be information they would not want made public and any release of Jeb's emails should have reviewed them for such information.

Jeb Bush dumps emails including social security numbers of Florida residents online | The Verge
This thread needs to go to political and before it goes, it must be noted that this story is on many sites, and THE VERGE that you site is the ONLY one with the reference to social security......DO you think CNN and POLITICO just passed over that fact ?? In addition to those who had it for some time ???

"Jeb Bush, in an effort to portray himself as a transparent and accessible leader, released a hoard of emails early Tuesday morning, along with the first chapter of his e-book.

Bush posted online about 275,000 emails from his time as Florida's governor spanning from 1999 to 2007.

The emails had already been obtained, analyzed and published by media outlets, including CNN, and Democratic opposition research group American Bridge. But Bush's decision to make them available himself is an attempt to get ahead of critics and opponents who'll try to define Bush in their own way as he prepares for a potential presidential bid.

Jeb Bush releasing emails, e-book chapter - CNN.com

"Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush released the first chapter of his e-book Monday night, detailing some of the emails he received in his early days in office and even bringing back the Courier font in which many of them were originally written.
Entitled “Please Make Happen,” the first chapter is 30 pages and highlights a careful selection of emails to his staff and to ordinary Floridians.

He also released his email archive, which was previously reported by several news organizations, including POLITICO, and obtained through public records requests.

Read more: Jeb Bush e-book shares gubernatorial emails - Jennifer Shutt - POLITICO

If all the Democratic stratgists missed this, and all the media missed this then you have a story.

Why was this not in Political ? Was THE VERGE the only site to serve your purpose ?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:28 PM
n/a

I would think any correspondence with a government official would in some way be a matter of public record. I would assume so anyway. When we log on, search, click, send, etc., I think it is best to assume nothing is private.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
This thread needs to go to political and before it goes, it must be noted that this story is on many sites, and THE VERGE that you site is the ONLY one with the reference to social security......DO you think CNN and POLITICO just passed over that fact ?? In addition to those who had it for some time ???

If all the Democratic stratgists missed this, and all the media missed this then you have a story.

Why was this not in Political ? Was THE VERGE the only site to serve your purpose ?
Well, Bucco, did you check the link I provided? You asked why the other media did not include the information about SSN. That I cannot answer, but there are copies of emails on the Verge site where the Verge at least had the sense to redact the information. Here is one, so I guess there is an important story about which all citizens of Florida need to be aware not the limited few who read our political forum. I have no idea what the politics of the verge might be. I was reading this story on a different website which linked me to the Verge, so it is not the ONLY site with information about leaking of SSN which according to Florida law are not to be disclosed even in release of public documents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bush leak.jpg (111.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, Bucco, did you check the link I provided? You asked why the other media did not include the information about SSN. That I cannot answer, but there are copies of emails on the Verge site where the Verge at least had the sense to redact the information. Here is one, so I guess there is an important story about which all citizens of Florida need to be aware not the limited few who read our political forum. I have no idea what the politics of the verge might be. I was reading this story on a different website which linked me to the Verge, so it is not the ONLY site with information about leaking of SSN which according to Florida law are not to be disclosed even in release of public documents.
Well, all I can say is that you should get hold of CNN, POLITICO, and the Democratic party stratigists plus a number of the top echelon news sites because you have scooped them.

Three questions......WHY did you use this site as a link instead of mainstream ? And once you read that it is basically old news, why still post it ? And why not use the new Political forum ?

That forum was set up so that folks who do not want to read political trolling did not have to ?
why you did not use.

From your link......"Many of the same emails Bush released today may have already been available online as of December, 2014, thanks to a request made by the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting. Some publications, including The Washington Post and The Hill, combed the email records for policy insight, but did not appear to stumble upon sensitive personal information."
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Well, all I can say is that you should get hold of CNN, POLITICO, and the Democratic party stratigists plus a number of the top echelon news sites because you have scooped them.

Three questions......WHY did you use this site as a link instead of mainstream ? And once you read that it is basically old news, why still post it ? And why not use the new Political forum ?

That forum was set up so that folks who do not want to read political trolling did not have to ?
why you did not use.

From your link......"Many of the same emails Bush released today may have already been available online as of December, 2014, thanks to a request made by the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting. Some publications, including The Washington Post and The Hill, combed the email records for policy insight, but did not appear to stumble upon sensitive personal information."
So now at least you acknowledge that there are SSN's released in the emails whereas before you seemingly accused me of making it up if CNN etc had not mentioned it. I will answer your questions although they seem to be a personal attack rather than a response to the error made in the release. By the way Jeb was not legally responsible for the redaction as he is no longer the governor. It was a member of the present Florida government who failed to do the proper redaction. Nowhere in any statement I posted did I blame Jeb. His staff is now trying to undo the error much to his credit once he found out what had happened.

1. I used the site The Verge as it was the one used by the website where I found the story. It seems to be a straightforward report of the facts. I didn't know I should limit my links to pre-approved ones. You are free to discredit this site based on what biases you find either in their reporting of this story or their overall content. That would be fair and even welcome as I share your apparent belief that the particular website where information is found may be pertinent as to whether the information is presented accurately.

2. It is not old news to me nor apparently was it to you. The quote you provided seems to indicate that these email were released "today" and that it included more than had been available in the past as evidenced by the phrase "many of" rather than all of. It was Jeb who made it not old news. I don't believe the prior content of these emails was ever highlighted on the internet until today. He today was proud of this release which he apparently felt was not old news as he tweeted

from USA Today, if that site is ok
Jeb Bush releases e-mails in ‘spirit of transparency’ | OnPolitics
Quote:
When I was governor, I often used email to correspond. I hope you find these notes as interesting as I did: Jeb Bush Emails
Quote:
In a conference call Monday with alumni of his Florida administration, Bush said he believes he has a story to be told about his tenure as governor and that he hopes the e-mails will show that he “stayed true to conservative perspective.”
3. If you feel that informing Floridians that their SSN's and other private data might have been leaked only should be in the political forum then I guess the next hack of Home Depot or Target or any other leak of private information will have to be placed there also.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
So now at least you acknowledge that there are SSN's released in the emails whereas before you seemingly accused me of making it up if CNN etc had not mentioned it. I will answer your questions although they seem to be a personal attack rather than a response to the error made in the release. By the way Jeb was not legally responsible for the redaction as he is no longer the governor. It was a member of the present Florida government who failed to do the proper redaction. Nowhere in any statement I posted did I blame Jeb. His staff is now trying to undo the error much to his credit once he found out what had happened.

1. I used the site The Verge as it was the one used by the website where I found the story. It seems to be a straightforward report of the facts. I didn't know I should limit my links to pre-approved ones. You are free to discredit this site based on what biases you find either in their reporting of this story or their overall content. That would be fair and even welcome as I share your apparent belief that the particular website where information is found may be pertinent as to whether the information is presented accurately.

2. It is not old news to me nor apparently was it to you. The quote you provided seems to indicate that these email were released "today" and that it included more than had been available in the past as evidenced by the phrase "many of" rather than all of. It was Jeb who made it not old news. I don't believe the prior content of these emails was ever highlighted on the internet until today. He today was proud of this release which he apparently felt was not old news as he tweeted

from USA Today, if that site is ok
Jeb Bush releases e-mails in ‘spirit of transparency’ | OnPolitics

3. If you feel that informing Floridians that their SSN's and other private data might have been leaked only should be in the political forum then I guess the next hack of Home Depot or Target or any other leak of private information will have to be placed there also.
Whatever.....another political dump gone bad. I did not do what you say. Some posters have this knack of trying to swing it all back at anyone who questions them (sort of Alinsky like).

I can only say that I, unlike you obviously, am not concerned at all....and you can twist that any way you want.....not important to me.

A poster asked a question about Sharia law and had a number of responses most of which simply said....NO. IT got moved to Political.

A diss of or questioning of a presidential candidate, I suppose is NOT political, but as always you will know best...so best of luck.

i would say you dont want it on Political because you will simply be named as GUEST
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
n/a

Much ado about nothing ................ again
Old 02-10-2015, 11:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Much ado about nothing ................ again
Be-eye-N-gee-oh
Old 02-17-2015, 08:18 AM
n/a

I like Jeb Bush.

I think he is more moderate than some.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I like Jeb Bush.

I think he is more moderate than some.
And a cricket is taller than a cockroach. Faint praise. He may be likable, can't argue with that. And the family lore is that he is the brightest of the Bush kids.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.