Selma, Alabama

Old 03-07-2015, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
WOW!!! What a powerful speech. Professor Ogletree called it the best speech President Obama has ever given. All you lucky ones who taped it can watch it over and over.
Could barely make it through the 10-second "highlight" clip on Fox News before my head bobbed and my eyes drooped.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Could barely make it through the 10-second "highlight" clip on Fox News before my head bobbed and my eyes drooped.
WOW!!! Fox News showed 10-seconds of this historical event...shocking!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
WOW!!! Fox News showed 10-seconds of this historical event...shocking!!!
Sharpton and MSNBC probably have all-day live race-baiting coverage, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Funny you should say that. I was about to say I think I'll watch it right before bedtime. His ongoing droning voice is always the best sedative for me!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:56 PM
n/a

Default Pmaybe

Quote:
Funny you should say that. I was about to say I think I'll watch it right before bedtime. His ongoing droning voice is always the best sedative for me!
You have something there. Next time we'll hook you up with higher pitched voices. I'm thinking Hillary and Liz. That outta make yer pacemaker pump.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's the AGENDA, Stupid.

Race matters NOTHING to the caucasians who voted for Obama and did it twice. Without the caucasian vote, we would not have a black president.

Get over it!!

Take responsibility for the AGENDA that facilitates the high illegitimacy rate of blacks, at 75-80%, and the agenda that facilitates joblessness and government dependency.
...and it is the racists like the quoted poster who guarantee the Republicans will not be having the White House in 2016.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:59 PM
n/a

I wonder if Obama mentioned anyof the info in this article in his speech - or if he ever will!
Who’s Really Responsible for the Civil Rights Act? | TheBlaze.com

I was enlightened by these two paragraphs:
"The Voting Rights Act of 1965, passed along similar partisan margins, with 61 Democratic “no” votes in the House and 24 Republicans voting against the bill, which passed 333-85. In the Senate, the measure passed with the support of 94 percent of the Republican caucus and 73 percent of the Democratic caucus.

“'The degree of Republican support for the two bills actually exceeded the degree of Democratic support, and it’s also fair to say that Republicans took leading roles in both measures, even though they had far fewer seats, and thus less power, at the time,” PolitiFact said in a 2010 analysis of the GOP role in civil rights.'"
Old 03-07-2015, 10:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
I wonder if Obama mentioned anyof the info in this article in his speech - or if he ever will!

"The Voting Rights Act of 1965, passed along similar partisan margins, with 61 Democratic “no” votes in the House and 24 Republicans voting against the bill, which passed 333-85. In the Senate, the measure passed with the support of 94 percent of the Republican caucus and 73 percent of the Democratic caucus.

“'The degree of Republican support for the two bills actually exceeded the degree of Democratic support, and it’s also fair to say that Republicans took leading roles in both measures, even though they had far fewer seats, and thus less power, at the time,” PolitiFact said in a 2010 analysis of the GOP role in civil rights.'"
Now you're sending the liberals sputtering into orbit. Next, one of them will reach deep into the democrat playbook and label you a racist, bigot, and homophobe! They're so predictable.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
...and it is the racists like the quoted poster who guarantee the Republicans will not be having the White House in 2016.
You forgot bigot and homophobe.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:34 PM
n/a

Quote:

Man, what a difference 50 years makes. You dont even hear the term "Dixiecrat" anymore. They've been replaced by Republicans.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Stop with the name calling already and try to respond to the content of what the poster said ... Tell us why you think advocating responsibility is racist instead
Old 03-08-2015, 08:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Stop with the name calling already and try to respond to the content of what the poster said ... Tell us why you think advocating responsibility is racist instead

No need to do that. Republicans have nailed one foot to the ground and just walk around in circles instead of being progressive and moving forward.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Calling me a 'racist' for stating a fact (that caucasian voters voted for Obama and he wouldn't have won without them, and people voted against him because of AGENDA, not race) is just VILE.

This anonymous, "guest" posting makes it like Topix. There is no use in commenting here any further.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Today, March 7, marks the anniversary of "Bloody Sunday" in Selma. Civil rights marchers were beaten, trampled and tear gassed by police. The marchers were walking to Selma to end the deprivation of blacks to vote. This was only 50 years ago!

President Obama will be in Alabama to show how America has changed to now have a black President in that relativity short time.

If the Republicans now want to market themselves as a party of inclusion, WHY are they not having one of the House or Senate leaders standing next to the President for this occasion?
To answer your question, I doubt that the President would have allowed that to happen (standing next to him as you suggest that is), being the great divider that he is.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Calling me a 'racist' for stating a fact (that caucasian voters voted for Obama and he wouldn't have won without them, and people voted against him because of AGENDA, not race) is just VILE.

This anonymous, "guest" posting makes it like Topix. There is no use in commenting here any further.
President Obama and the white vote? No problem. - The Washington Post

President Obama lost the white vote to Mitt Romney by 20 percentage points in the 2012 election, but it hardly mattered because the white vote has become less significant. Read the charts at the bottom of this article.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.