Selma, Alabama

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Selma, Alabama

Today, March 7, marks the anniversary of "Bloody Sunday" in Selma. Civil rights marchers were beaten, trampled and tear gassed by police. The marchers were walking to Selma to end the deprivation of blacks to vote. This was only 50 years ago!

President Obama will be in Alabama to show how America has changed to now have a black President in that relativity short time.

If the Republicans now want to market themselves as a party of inclusion, WHY are they not having one of the House or Senate leaders standing next to the President for this occasion?
  #2  
Old 03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why hasn't the president or any democrats addressed the huge problem of black on black violence and crime? Why did the president and his black attorney general visit Ferguson and whip up racial tension around a single incident of a white police officer being attacked by a black robber?

Why not, from this day forward, treat everyone with true color-blindness? Why stoke the racial divisions? The "agenda" of attempting to portray the republican party as racist is well known, tiresome and untrue. <yawn>
  #3  
Old 03-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Why hasn't the president or any democrats addressed the huge problem of black on black violence and crime? Why did the president and his black attorney general visit Ferguson and whip up racial tension around a single incident of a white police officer being attacked by a black robber?

Why not, from this day forward, treat everyone with true color-blindness? Why stoke the racial divisions? The "agenda" of attempting to portray the republican party as racist is well known, tiresome and untrue. <yawn>
If untrue, as you state, please list all the republicans who will attend the 50th anniversary ceremonies today in Selma. I'll help you out. There was a last minute addition late yesterday when Congressman Kevin McCarthy announced he would attend.

Speaker Boehner and Leader McConnell are not attending because of scheduling conflicts. Really? They knew this date was coming for the past 50 years.

Zero republicans attended the 50th anniversary of the Martin Luther King "I have a dream" speech last year on the mall in Washington, when the president spoke. It's almost like they are all reading out of the same play book on 'How to never, ever win a national election ever again'.
  #4  
Old 03-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If untrue, as you state, please list all the republicans who will attend the 50th anniversary ceremonies today in Selma. I'll help you out. There was a last minute addition late yesterday when Congressman Kevin McCarthy announced he would attend.

Speaker Boehner and Leader McConnell are not attending because of scheduling conflicts. Really? They knew this date was coming for the past 50 years.

Zero republicans attended the 50th anniversary of the Martin Luther King "I have a dream" speech last year on the mall in Washington, when the president spoke. It's almost like they are all reading out of the same play book on 'How to never, ever win a national election ever again'.
Why did your supreme leader fail to attend the huge Paris rally against Islamic terrorists?
  #5  
Old 03-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Why did your supreme leader fail to attend the huge Paris rally against Islamic terrorists?
This thread is titled 'Selma, Alabama'. Search for 'Paris rally' for answers to your question.
  #6  
Old 03-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'll help you out. There was a last minute addition late yesterday when Congressman Kevin McCarthy announced he would attend.

Speaker Boehner and Leader McConnell are not attending because of scheduling conflicts.
You seemed to have answered your own question, or am I missing something?
  #7  
Old 03-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
... please list all the republicans who will attend the 50th anniversary ceremonies today in Selma.
Here you go...Google is a wonderful tool!

"Almost a quarter of the U.S. Congress, along with President George W. Bush and President Obama, will be in Selma, Ala., Saturday for the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march that led to the 1965 voting rights act.

At a time of polarized politics in Washington, this celebration is a moment of political unity. It brings people together; it crosses racial and political lines, as evidenced by the presence of President Bush and more than 20 Republican members of Congress."

Selma: 50 years after 'Bloody Sunday' the unfinished business of civil rights | Fox News
  #8  
Old 03-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Here you go...Google is a wonderful tool!

"Almost a quarter of the U.S. Congress, along with President George W. Bush and President Obama, will be in Selma, Ala., Saturday for the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march that led to the 1965 voting rights act.

At a time of polarized politics in Washington, this celebration is a moment of political unity. It brings people together; it crosses racial and political lines, as evidenced by the presence of President Bush and more than 20 Republican members of Congress."

Selma: 50 years after 'Bloody Sunday' the unfinished business of civil rights | Fox News

Included in 'that almost a quarter of the US Congress', includes exactly one republican, Kevin McCarthy. Kudos to George W Bush and his wife for attending. There are so few public events that he is invited.
  #9  
Old 03-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
... President Bush and more than 20 Republican members of Congress."

Selma: 50 years after 'Bloody Sunday' the unfinished business of civil rights | Fox News
What part of "more than 20 Republican members of Congress" do you not understand?

Another confused lib...how unusual!
  #10  
Old 03-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Obama's Selma remarks are expected to touch on the issue of voting rights. Obama also addressed the issue in his State of the Union address. His administration has challenged Southern states that have imposed new voting requirements, including showing picture identification before being allowed to vote..."

Gasp! The injustice of proving your eligibility to vote before voting!


Obama, George W. Bush to join 'Bloody Sunday' anniversary in Selma | Fox News
  #11  
Old 03-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

WOW!!! What a powerful speech. Professor Ogletree called it the best speech President Obama has ever given. All you lucky ones who taped it can watch it over and over.
  #12  
Old 03-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Guest;1024804]What part of "more than 20 Republican members of Congress" do you not understand? :confusedQUOTE]

20 Republicans out of 300? Not even 10 percent. A FAILING grade!!

Yes, the Republicans really want to be inclusive.
  #13  
Old 03-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
WOW!!! What a powerful speech. Professor Ogletree called it the best speech President Obama has ever given. All you lucky ones who taped it can watch it over and over.

This will be the speech they play on Barack Obama Day.
  #14  
Old 03-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's the AGENDA, Stupid.

Race matters NOTHING to the caucasians who voted for Obama and did it twice. Without the caucasian vote, we would not have a black president.

Get over it!!

Take responsibility for the AGENDA that facilitates the high illegitimacy rate of blacks, at 75-80%, and the agenda that facilitates joblessness and government dependency.
  #15  
Old 03-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

President Obama Representative John Lewis Selma | Video | C-SPAN.org


For those that missed the speech, here is a link. If this doesn't work, it is up on c-span.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.