And she could have been our Vice President

Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 AM
n/a

Default And she could have been our Vice President

According to Sarah...." The Americans are waiting, The Americans are ready" Paul Revere cried, warning the British.
Richie, wonder what she would have scored on your civic literacty exam?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 AM
n/a

Oops...spelled literacy wrong. I imajin you'll jump all over that.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
According to Sarah...." The Americans are waiting, The Americans are ready" Paul Revere cried, warning the British.
Richie, wonder what she would have scored on your civic literacty exam?
Actually, it's a funny thing. Sarah Palin was correct, and what we were taught in elementary school was a bit of patriotic theatre.

I didn't know this bit of history of this often told tale of our strive for independence, and you will learn something as I have.

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.co...apologize.html
Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Actually, it's a funny thing. Sarah Palin was correct, and what we were taught in elementary school was a bit of patriotic theatre.

I didn't know this bit of history of this often told tale of our strive for independence, and you will learn something as I have.

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.co...apologize.html
That may very well be true...but I'm not buying that Sarah had any clue about the part of the history.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
n/a

Default You are not illiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
That may very well be true...but I'm not buying that Sarah had any clue about the part of the history.
Nor did you have any clue .. does that make you illiterate ?
I don't think so.
JJ
Old 06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
n/a

Default It's amazes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampCreature View Post
It's pretty amazing the lengths people will go to explain away Palin's cluelessness. A complete self-consistent (or not self-consistent) alternate universe does not have to be created. Sometimes the simple explanation is the correct explanation: the woman is just stupid. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is true that the commonly believed account of Paul Revere leaves something to be desired, being based more on Longfellow's poem than actual events. But this still doesn't justify the elaborate explanations for Palin.

As an aside, the George Washington cherry tree story is also highly suspect. I hope that doesn't shatter too many people's belief systems.
It amazes me that starting with the last election, the left chose to attack Palin by calling her stupid..
Now that she has made millions, overshadowed all of the other candidates including Obama and Romney, they are calling her shrewd and clever to describe how she has made millions, and can take over the national stage any time she wants to. Some even have the timidity to say it is because of her "looks" and she is an "attractive" candidate. The stupid approach is out.. you need to get on the new liberal talking points.. she is a greedy "attractive" megalomaniac who uses her "looks" to get attention and she is only in it for the publicity and the money!
jj
Old 06-04-2011, 01:29 PM
n/a

It is also interesting that now that Palin's popularity is growing, that she has proven she can garner crowds and attention any time she wants to, the left is now saying what a strong candidate ROMNEY would be against President Obama. If they really wanted Palin to run as they always claimed, they would be saying.. see how popular and the crowds she can gather.. she can overshadow even the President and Romney.. she is the one that has the best chance against our President..
They are afraid of her and so should the Republican party. She really is the only person who can beat Obama. Her negatives are high because most people believe the bs the media puts out.. like about paul revere.... If they were willing to point out that on youtube you can watch our INTELLIGENT President say there are 58 states in America, and that when speaking publicly about our deceased Corpsman, he repeatedly in multiple speeches pronounces them as CORPSE MEN.. the public just might forget bloopers by all politicians and focus on the issues.. and if they do.. Palin will win the next election easily. The economy is going to crash and Obama is going to deservedly get the blame for making it worse with his big government, bailout, money printing, union payoff, welfare, philosophy.
JJ
Old 06-04-2011, 01:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampCreature View Post
It's pretty amazing the lengths people will go to explain away Palin's cluelessness. A complete self-consistent (or not self-consistent) alternate universe does not have to be created. Sometimes the simple explanation is the correct explanation: the woman is just stupid. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is true that the commonly believed account of Paul Revere leaves something to be desired, being based more on Longfellow's poem than actual events. But this still doesn't justify the elaborate explanations for Palin.

As an aside, the George Washington cherry tree story is also highly suspect. I hope that doesn't shatter too many people's belief systems.
The lengths that people will go has been artfully demonstrated by you. Ms. Palin knew the actual history of an event that you (and I) only knew the fable and, of course, she is "still clueless" and your are .................... what?

She knew the historical facts and you only knew the fable, but that reality is an "elaborate explanation". You gotta know how stupid that sounds.

How about "I'm sorry Gov. Palin, I was wrong and I apologize". C'mon you'll feel better about yourself.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
It is also interesting that now that Palin's popularity is growing, that she has proven she can garner crowds and attention any time she wants to, the left is now saying what a strong candidate ROMNEY would be against President Obama. If they really wanted Palin to run as they always claimed, they would be saying.. see how popular and the crowds she can gather.. she can overshadow even the President and Romney.. she is the one that has the best chance against our President..
They are afraid of her and so should the Republican party. She really is the only person who can beat Obama. Her negatives are high because most people believe the bs the media puts out.. like about paul revere.... If they were willing to point out that on youtube you can watch our INTELLIGENT President say there are 58 states in America, and that when speaking publicly about our deceased Corpsman, he repeatedly in multiple speeches pronounces them as CORPSE MEN.. the public just might forget bloopers by all politicians and focus on the issues.. and if they do.. Palin will win the next election easily. The economy is going to crash and Obama is going to deservedly get the blame for making it worse with his big government, bailout, money printing, union payoff, welfare, philosophy.
JJ
JJAnd that liberal media you are talking about are crying foul because Palin did not give them an advanced notice of her bus trip and they cried that trying to keep up with her was causing near accidents and that they were treated like paparazziHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm who is stupid now and why is the liberal media so upset that they can't get the coverage they covet for this stupid stupid woman.

bottom line she has bigger you know what than most male candidates running an especially the incumbent.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:23 PM
n/a

Default More nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
It amazes me that starting with the last election, the left chose to attack Palin by calling her stupid..
Some even have the timidity to say it is because of her "looks" and she is an "attractive" candidate. The stupid approach is out.. you need to get on the new liberal talking points.. she is a greedy "attractive" megalomaniac who uses her "looks" to get attention and she is only in it for the publicity and the money!
jj
Do they also have the temerity to say it is because of her looks? BTW, Palin is a total idiot, a quitter and not qualified to be elected dog catcher. She couldn't even remember VP Biden's last name during their debate in 2008. That's why she asked him at the outset if it was ok for her to call him Joe. I'd pay money to see a Republican party debate between Palin and Bachman. Wonder what the over/under would be on historical misrepresentations? One of my favorites was the one about how the founding fathers ended slavery.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
JJAnd that liberal media you are talking about are crying foul because Palin did not give them an advanced notice of her bus trip and they cried that trying to keep up with her was causing near accidents and that they were treated like paparazziHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm who is stupid now and why is the liberal media so upset that they can't get the coverage they covet for this stupid stupid woman.

bottom line she has bigger you know what than most male candidates running an especially the incumbent.
VERY good points. One more.. and they still refuse to say that the reason they cover her is because she is popular.
JJ
Old 06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
n/a

Since when does popularity equate with intelligence in America? Think about who was popular in high school. Palin may be popular but she is dumb as a rock.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:24 PM
n/a

Default Another gotcha

She could have been VP, but isn't. Just remember who is now a heartbeat away from the job and up until the last Election who was next in line after Joe Biden.

If that doesn't trouble you, remember the other candidate who was a darling of many Liberals, who could have become President...........drum roll please, why it's John Edwards.

So if you want to go after Mrs. Pallin, remember who we got stuck with or could have.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:28 PM
n/a

I heard a great quote that I think was by George Will. He said there are two infinites in the world; the ever expanding universe, and the media's obsession with Sarah Palin; and she plays them like a fiddle.

Gov. Palin says she owes the liberal media nothing, and on her bus tour, that's exactly what she's giving them. Then they have the cojones to say she is creating a dangerous situation because they are forced to chase her like paparazzi. How about just not following her. They can't; because she is the story no matter what she does. This is what is causing the fear in her detractors. It like what was pointed out earlier in this thread. If Gov. Palin is so beatable, why aren't her opponents pointing out what an attractive candidate she is?

They're trying to sucker us into voting Romney in the primary because he is the one who is eminently beatable with RomneyCare, his favoring of ethanol subsidies, and now his stated belief in man made global warming. He's the John McCain of 2011 and that is why the liberal media is stroking him.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:29 PM
n/a

Keith Olbermann's most famous quote, and one I subscribe to "That woman is an idiot"

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.