And she could have been our Vice President

Old 06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
The Villages Florida
A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the smile.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Nice reply. Please post additional intelligent responses.
JJ
Na Na Na...Na Na Na...that smart enough for you?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM
n/a

Default We all admire you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Na Na Na...Na Na Na...that smart enough for you?
You are making so much progress in convincing everyone that you are a mature, intelligent, supporter of the wonderful policies of the President. Please keep it up. I am sure the voters will carefully consider your views and be convinced by your behavior.
JJ
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 PM
n/a

It's no wonder Obama got elected.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
n/a

Lassen,

You should have taken advice from Richard Daley, Sr, who encouraged his followers to vote early and often.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
n/a

I'm starting to get embarrassed for some people in this post and I think the truth on this subject is fairly obvious so for me I'm out of this one.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
n/a

It leaves me speechless how some can continue to support and defend Obama when it is clear that his economic policies have failed miserably, his foreign policy has made enemies of our friends and friends of our enemies. and that he is indecisive, and we are becoming the laughing stock of the world. Man I just don't get it. I wonder if those folks would believe that 120 is a good golf score? Because as an anology that is abut how you can score Obama's performance. by the way Howard Dean has made it clear that if she bcomes the Republican candidate Sarah Palin will beat Obama. He also said essentially that any Republican candidate can beat Obama.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
n/a

Default Except on this political board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMANN View Post
I had heard that there were not very many lefty loonies in TV. I guess not all info is correct.

C
Ever notice how many of the lib who post on this board don't live in The Villages and never have?

Something tells me that they are networking, with a concerted effort to hit this area. There has been many instances nationally of certain politicians being welcome here. They know that this growing community is mostly conservative, and that happening in such a key state as Florida, is just eating at their agenda.

Watch out, that next senate seat is up for grabs.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
Ever notice how many of the lib who post on this board don't live in The Villages and never have?

Something tells me that they are networking, with a concerted effort to hit this area. There has been many instances nationally of certain politicians being welcome here. They know that this growing community is mostly conservative, and that happening in such a key state as Florida, is just eating at their agenda.

If you ever are able to confirm that...leave me know..that will bring me back to this forum. I never was aware of the networking thing....and frankly never checked to see how many posters actually live here.

I still read and the never ending immature smart little wisecracks still continue...notice that nobody responds to issue based posts...only those that, in some way, can criticize a person and take them down or pass judgement on them.

Nobody responding to the thread on Libya since it would not be easy to simply lob stones at some individual that these folks like to pass judgement on !
Old 06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
n/a

Sarah Palin got LUCKY.

Go ahead and read Revere's writings. Yeah, he told the authorities about his ride. He told them AFTER he was captured and AT THE POINT OF A GUN.

Yeah, it's a bit of a sticking point with me when everyone knows Revere but know nothing about Prescott and Dawes. Heck, right outside where I work there's a sign pointing to the "Revere Capture Site". (Hanscom AFB is right on the "Battle Road", as it came to be known)

His INTENT was to NEVER be captured. He basically tried to BLUFF the British because, at the time, he had no idea whether or not his partners got their message through.

I noticed how the Palin apologists are concentrating on the parts of her statements that are *technically* correct while ignoring the context and the parts that weren't true at all.

It's my OPINION that Sarah was trying to frame the famous ride as a gun control statment. The REASON that I have that OPINION is because of the somewhat famous scene from her reality show where she tried to link gun control to actions of "mama bears" concerning their cubs.

I mean, lets be real here. Revere was NOT in the business of warning the Regulars. If they WERE then WHY was the whole North Church part of the deal so secret? Why were they trying to EVADE Redcoat patrols.

Just to be sure, here's the quote:
Quote:
"He who warned uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Ringing those bells? (My guess it's confusion about the lanterns in the Old North Church)

Riding his horse through town? He barely started before he was captured and they stayed AWAY from town centers so they would be less conspicuous.

His bluff, at gunpoint, was that the citizens were armed - BUT THE SOLDIERS ALREADY KNEW THAT. The whole reason for the Regulars coming were to seize munitions that were rumored to be stored at certain places in Lexington, Concord and other towns.

The reaction is incredible. Apparently, Palin fans have been trying to edit Wikipedia to 'retcon' Palin's view into their account of Revere.
http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato...paul-revere-ca

Back in March, Michelle Bachman REPEATED Palin's gaffe as far as knowing WHERE Lexington and Concord were:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_834906.html

Palin is manna from heaven for comedians. The GOP needs someone as charismatic as she can be but who is known for actually DOING things and has a head on their shoulders.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
You are making so much progress in convincing everyone that you are a mature, intelligent, supporter of the wonderful policies of the President. Please keep it up. I am sure the voters will carefully consider your views and be convinced by your behavior.
JJ
On the contrary JJ.....I'm simply a buffoon.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
It's no wonder Obama got elected.
And hopefully re-elected.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post

Let's see....dklassen from TN, JimJoe from Iowa, Figmo not in Villages yet....Blue Heron and rubicon outer space... what righties are posting from the bubble?
Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
n/a

Palin supporters caught trying to edit Reveres Wikipedia page. Not surprising.What is surprising is the ridiculous notion that she knows what she is talking about. I've watched her answer a dozen times and there is no doubt she has no idea what she is talking about,none.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Sarah Palin got LUCKY.

Go ahead and read Revere's writings. Yeah, he told the authorities about his ride. He told them AFTER he was captured and AT THE POINT OF A GUN.

Yeah, it's a bit of a sticking point with me when everyone knows Revere but know nothing about Prescott and Dawes. Heck, right outside where I work there's a sign pointing to the "Revere Capture Site". (Hanscom AFB is right on the "Battle Road", as it came to be known)

His INTENT was to NEVER be captured. He basically tried to BLUFF the British because, at the time, he had no idea whether or not his partners got their message through.

I noticed how the Palin apologists are concentrating on the parts of her statements that are *technically* correct while ignoring the context and the parts that weren't true at all.

It's my OPINION that Sarah was trying to frame the famous ride as a gun control statment. The REASON that I have that OPINION is because of the somewhat famous scene from her reality show where she tried to link gun control to actions of "mama bears" concerning their cubs.

I mean, lets be real here. Revere was NOT in the business of warning the Regulars. If they WERE then WHY was the whole North Church part of the deal so secret? Why were they trying to EVADE Redcoat patrols.

Just to be sure, here's the quote:

Ringing those bells? (My guess it's confusion about the lanterns in the Old North Church)

Riding his horse through town? He barely started before he was captured and they stayed AWAY from town centers so they would be less conspicuous.

His bluff, at gunpoint, was that the citizens were armed - BUT THE SOLDIERS ALREADY KNEW THAT. The whole reason for the Regulars coming were to seize munitions that were rumored to be stored at certain places in Lexington, Concord and other towns.

The reaction is incredible. Apparently, Palin fans have been trying to edit Wikipedia to 'retcon' Palin's view into their account of Revere.
http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato...paul-revere-ca

Back in March, Michelle Bachman REPEATED Palin's gaffe as far as knowing WHERE Lexington and Concord were:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_834906.html

Palin is manna from heaven for comedians. The GOP needs someone as charismatic as she can be but who is known for actually DOING things and has a head on their shoulders.
Now who's going to absurd lengths to disprove something. I guess we can't trust Paul Revere's own account of what happened to him. This is kind of crazy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.