Shootings now third leading cause of death for u.s. Children

Old 06-25-2017, 04:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
So am I.
So if you are prolife, what are your positions on WIC and Medicaid?
Old 06-25-2017, 04:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coduff View Post
No its just a question....
Rhetorical I guess...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 05:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Rhetorical I guess...

Now, now Dirt.....
Old 06-25-2017, 05:58 PM
n/a

Copuff - You keeping warm out there on the peak? 38 today, 41 tomorrow...maybe you should retreat back to TV to thaw out?

Old 06-25-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Copuff - You keeping warm out there on the peak? 38 today, 41 tomorrow...maybe you should retreat back to TV to thaw out?

That's >14,000 up! I'm only at about 6,200 it was in the 70's today!

Should be back in late September as I don't want to risk the October snows!!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:15 PM
n/a

5,790 injuries to guns and 1,297 deaths per year out of over 73,000,000 million children under the age of 18.

Someone figure out the percentage and then explain to me how this is a huge problem.

Of course, the death of every child is a tragedy and we would love for the number killed or injured by guns to be zero, but that is totally unrealistic.

I'd be interested in knowing where the majority of these deaths and injuries take place. If it's anything like the overall statistics on shootings and gun deaths, 90% of them happen in a few of our biggest cities. It's worthy to note that those cities have the strictest gun control laws.

Not necessarily a correlation, but if we eliminate those few big cities from the statistics, the children in the rest of our country are very safe.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Perhaps we should have more auto control laws.
"An additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled.
Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year.
Nearly 8,000 people are killed in crashes involving drivers ages 16-20.
Road crashes cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person."
The reason that we don't have more automobile control laws is exactly the same reason that we don't need more gun laws.

It's the reason in my last post. While 8,000 people dying in car accidents is tragic, the number is minuscule as a percentage of the 330,000,000 citizens in the addition to the other people that live and visit here.

While it's certainly a problem for those that do lose their lives and their families, it's not s major problem for the country as a whole. If we're going to have cars, we have to understand that there are going to be accidents and deaths. We have to agree that a certain number of accidents are acceptable if we are not willing to give up the convenience of owning and driving cars.

It's the same for guns. As long as we agree that we have the right to defend ourselves with guns, we're going to have to accept the fact that there are going to be some accidental injuries and deaths caused by people using them.

As far as I'm concerned as long as the government can't guarantee that every criminal will not have a gun then we should be allowed the same weapons that bad guys have to defend ourselves. If the government can't say that for 100% sure, they can protect me then I feel that I have the right to protect myself.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
5,790 injuries to guns and 1,297 deaths per year out of over 73,000,000 million children under the age of 18.

Someone figure out the percentage and then explain to me how this is a huge problem.

Of course, the death of every child is a tragedy and we would love for the number killed or injured by guns to be zero, but that is totally unrealistic.

I'd be interested in knowing where the majority of these deaths and injuries take place. If it's anything like the overall statistics on shootings and gun deaths, 90% of them happen in a few of our biggest cities. It's worthy to note that those cities have the strictest gun control laws.

Not necessarily a correlation, but if we eliminate those few big cities from the statistics, the children in the rest of our country are very safe.
They happen in the inner cities...mostly committed by blacks and Hispanics.

The cities also have most of the minorities.

You mean if we eliminate the minorities from the inner cities the rest of our country IS pretty safe...except in the black/Hispanic parts of those small towns.

If we eliminate the minorities from ALL of America's statistics...we shoot right back to the #1 spot. The minorities have been dragging us down for the past 60 years. They'll continue to drag us down as their numbers increase.

Quote:
The reason that we don't have more automobile control laws is exactly the same reason that we don't need more gun laws.

It's the reason in my last post. While 8,000 people dying in car accidents is tragic, the number is minuscule as a percentage of the 330,000,000 citizens in the addition to the other people that live and visit here.

While it's certainly a problem for those that do lose their lives and their families, it's not s major problem for the country as a whole. If we're going to have cars, we have to understand that there are going to be accidents and deaths. We have to agree that a certain number of accidents are acceptable if we are not willing to give up the convenience of owning and driving cars.

It's the same for guns. As long as we agree that we have the right to defend ourselves with guns, we're going to have to accept the fact that there are going to be some accidental injuries and deaths caused by people using them.

As far as I'm concerned as long as the government can't guarantee that every criminal will not have a gun then we should be allowed the same weapons that bad guys have to defend ourselves. If the government can't say that for 100% sure, they can protect me then I feel that I have the right to protect myself.
Freedom...is messy.

35,000 people died in car crashes, 13,000 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:30 AM
n/a

This thread essentially began as a concern for children and indeed children should be guarded as a protected species.

the article refers to the number of accidents causing injury or death to children as a result of gunshots.

One poster made reference of the number of unborn babies aborted each year...and the response was "its not a baby until its born".

I read a story about a woman who wanted to terminate her unborn baby at 28 weeks. the remedy was an injection of digoxin to stimulate a heart attack. The woman was then sent to a hotel overnight in order to receive the second injection the following morning.
That night the baby began to stir from the injection and the mother felt every movement . she was then reluctant to return but coerced by the doctor to receive the second and final injection.

One poster made reference to the number of auto accidents that kill or injure people.

Opponents of guns want gun control

Opponents of abortion want an end to Roe v Wade.

Some want stricter enforcement laws to reduce accidents

All lives matter

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
u.s, children, death, leading, shootings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.