Slavery

Old 01-08-2018, 08:29 AM
n/a

Default Slavery

slavery - EPautos - Libertarian Car Talk
Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 AM
n/a

First of all, I'm not defending slavery at all. but slaves were paid in food, shelter, and clothing. Some were also paid small amounts of cash. So the slave owners did not steal 100% of the proceeds from their work.

But the fact that they could not choose to be where they were made slavery an abomination.

But secondly, I assume that this meme is implying that, by levying the government is stealing from us. We are a representative republic and we hire people to represent us in making decisions on how the country should be run. Obviously, there are common expenses that we need to pay for and taxes are supposed to serve that purpose.

Now you can argue about the amount of taxes that we pay or the system by which we pay them or if the money is being used wisely, but to equate taxation with stealing is absurd.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:35 AM
n/a

Default Slavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
First of all, I'm not defending slavery at all. but slaves were paid in food, shelter, and clothing. Some were also paid small amounts of cash. So the slave owners did not steal 100% of the proceeds from their work.

But the fact that they could not choose to be where they were made slavery an abomination.

But secondly, I assume that this meme is implying that, by levying the government is stealing from us. We are a representative republic and we hire people to represent us in making decisions on how the country should be run. Obviously, there are common expenses that we need to pay for and taxes are supposed to serve that purpose.

Now you can argue about the amount of taxes that we pay or the system by which we pay them or if the money is being used wisely, but to equate taxation with stealing is absurd.

There is always the choice to live in the wilderness, hunt and forage and pay no taxes at all. Kings have been levying taxes forever, it is our choice to live under their protection and pay for that privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2018, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

So...the ONLY difference between then and today is...the negros can go where they want? Pretty much everything else has stayed the same. They STILL RELY on us for food and shelter...half do anyway. The other half, work part time jobs and don't pay taxes.

Workers worn until May 24th to "pay the government" it's share. Almost half your labor is going to taxes.

Representative republic? Maybe 200 years ago...now the rulers place their D and R lackeys into position to STEAL from the treasury. Over a $ trillion a year is stolen from us...putting us in debt...for their gain.

Welfare goes to the wealthy through their corporations. The poor don't save they SPEND...on the corporations products. The corporations lobby for increased welfare...which is used to but that same corporations products.

We ARE enslaved...how? IF you don't go along...you are punished...THAT IS slavery. EVERYTHING should be voluntary.

The REAL problem is the country is filled with TOO MANY people. Things are EASY to manage when they're small. Countries should be small. Giving everyone their own individual space.

We're packed into cities like sardines...sardine packing is more efficient when things are ordered...every individual neatly aligned with all the others.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
There is always the choice to live in the wilderness, hunt and forage and pay no taxes at all. Kings have been levying taxes forever, it is our choice to live under their protection and pay for that privilege.

Kings? WHY do we need kings? Why should "I" have to submit to a king?

You know...that IS how we SHOULD be living...not crammed into cities.

Protection? Like the mob? Gee...they're the SAME thing aren't they?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post
Kings? WHY do we need kings? Why should "I" have to submit to a king?

You know...that IS how we SHOULD be living...not crammed into cities.

Protection? Like the mob? Gee...they're the SAME thing aren't they?

Take a group of people and abandon them on an island, the pecking order will soon be established. I for one will head into the jungle to fend for myself. Hopefully they’ll forget about me.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:13 AM
n/a

Quote:

To say it's NOT stealing is dishonest.

Between here and there, I suggest the following for providing a structure to political analysis:

Tags
slavery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.