The Solipsistic Left v The First Amendment

Old 08-28-2017, 04:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I must admit before I started this response I had to look up the word solipsistic which for anyone else who doesn't know what that means: "I am the only mind which exists"

To which I would reply currently there is a deep division in this country between right and left! So much so that years ago the Major Network News were called out as the:

LAME STREAM MEDIA

The left of center gets there news from MSNBC, which is moving to the center, and Huffington Post, while the right gets there news Fox and the internet like the Washington Times.

Both sides would think each source only presents a solipsistic side on the issue. Given this position we would never be able to agree on anything! But we have for 200 years we may not like the compromise...

Now for microaggression, this is a NEW issue mostly limited to college campus's. There is a TED talk about it which I haven't taken the time to listen to. But I do have some college professor friends with whom I have had some discussions.

To me is like the college admissions quotas in California for a number of years Asian's received additional slots however in California the Asian population grew so the community wanted them broken down into Japanese, Korean..... As I remember it didn't go well for them

As the resident racist likes to point out to us, the minorities are going to overwhelm us at some point. On college campuses that has already begun, seriously nobody would use a racial slur on a collage campus today. So now they complain about micoaggressions.....google it for a laugh!

COPUFF OUT WEST IN THE MILE HIGH STATE!
I am rushed this early AM and will respond later in the day but the author used the term "solipsistic to explain those on the left who desire to manipulate Free Speech solely to their advantage. I believe any of us can be solipsistic to some degree?

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
force, offensive, people, speech

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.