Statehood

Old 05-11-2017, 08:26 AM
n/a

Talking Statehood

The following is tongue-in-cheek and not intended to be taken seriously, But seriously! A few more land purchases like those of the last few months and The Villages could apply for statehood!(LOL). However, I am not sure if everyone wants to change our form of government from a monarchy to a democracy.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The following is tongue-in-cheek and not intended to be taken seriously, But seriously! A few more land purchases like those of the last few months and The Villages could apply for statehood!(LOL). However, I am not sure if everyone wants to change our form of government from a monarchy to a democracy.
A benevolent dictator/monarch is the best form of government for the average person.

The villages has become The Blob...and it's growing bigger all the time.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:37 PM
n/a

>>>> movin' on>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 05-11-2017, 04:36 PM
n/a

The Republican attempts at gerrymandering, to include all of the scattered portions of 'Morris World' as a single voting district...will be coming soon.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:39 PM
n/a

With every breath of every body never ever support TV becoming incorporated or run or managed by the residents.

NEVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:32 AM
n/a

If you study history you will see that a monarchy (benevolent or not) is obsessed by order and similarity. Why? - because it is then easy to spot non-conformity, which, to a monarch is very threatening. It does not take a microbiologist to see that the houses in The Villages are scarily similar; that your address posts are lined up as straight as the graves in a national cemetery, that your easements are the same as your neighbors, whether the need is obvious or not.

So even with Republican gerrymandering, I doubt King Morris would willingly give up his throne. He shudders at the thought that his kingdom will fall into the chaotic, but free world of democracy.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
If you study history you will see that a monarchy (benevolent or not) is obsessed by order and similarity. Why? - because it is then easy to spot non-conformity, which, to a monarch is very threatening. It does not take a microbiologist to see that the houses in The Villages are scarily similar; that your address posts are lined up as straight as the graves in a national cemetery, that your easements are the same as your neighbors, whether the need is obvious or not.

So even with Republican gerrymandering, I doubt King Morris would willingly give up his throne. He shudders at the thought that his kingdom will fall into the chaotic, but free world of democracy.
You don't have to live here. There are plenty of great leftard areas in the States where you can reside with your own kind, such as Chicago, D.C., L.A. etc. Overseas would be best suited for your kind.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:10 AM
n/a

DDDave =double dimwit dave?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 11:12 AM
n/a

So, what you are saying is, I should have mentally agreed with every aspect, rule, attitude, etc. that is part of the "VILLAGE EXPERIENCE", before I decided to move here. The fact is, that when I was considering moving here, I saw and felt the camaraderie of the neighborhoods, the wonderful variety of activities, the beauty of our roads and golf courses, etc. Your absurd argument would have me ignore these positives, simply because I felt “some” of the covenants were unnecessarily restrictive; and my objection to few immutable restrictions, made me better qualified to be a resident of Compton, The South Bronx or Eastside Chicago. Really Nice.

By the way, your comments about “reside with your own kind,” and “double dimwit”, reflects more on your close-mindedness, than on my social status and mental acumen.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
So, what you are saying is, I should have mentally agreed with every aspect, rule, attitude, etc. that is part of the "VILLAGE EXPERIENCE", before I decided to move here. The fact is, that when I was considering moving here, I saw and felt the camaraderie of the neighborhoods, the wonderful variety of activities, the beauty of our roads and golf courses, etc. Your absurd argument would have me ignore these positives, simply because I felt “some” of the covenants were unnecessarily restrictive; and my objection to few immutable restrictions, made me better qualified to be a resident of Compton, The South Bronx or Eastside Chicago. Really Nice.

By the way, your comments about “reside with your own kind,” and “double dimwit”, reflects more on your close-mindedness, than on my social status and mental acumen.

You nailed DirtBag!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:21 PM
n/a

Your comment reflects your inability to understand 6 letter words or larger; your reasoning skills to be on a par with an amoeba; and a social tolerance akin to "Mein Kampf". I am ashamed that I have to call someone with your bigotry and intolerance a Village neighbor.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your comment reflects your inability to understand 6 letter words or larger; your reasoning skills to be on a par with an amoeba; and a social tolerance akin to "Mein Kampf". I am ashamed that I have to call someone with your bigotry and intolerance a Village neighbor.
Sadly, you might as well get used to it in this forum.

There are a number of Chump Cultists that with their lying, plagiarism, racism, bigotry, misogyny and blind loyalty to whatever Trump does/says...you will be inundated with that which you've mentioned.

Any facts, truths or criticisms of Trump will quickly be met with 'Obama this, Hillary that,' which is their intellectual equivalent of... "I know you are, but what am I?"

BTW - A quick way to identify these people is to hit the 'quote' button in any post, scroll way down...and the last 10 or so posts will have their user name next to their post.

You'll soon get to the point, where you could almost make the posts for some of these simpletons...before they even post.

Your exchange is with one of the worst ones here...hence 'Dirtbanker = Dirtbag.'
Old 05-15-2017, 04:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave View Post
Pack your **** and move if you got a problem with the Morse's development. Or better yet, use some of your 6 letter words and make enough money to build your own.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by (unt View Post
Sadly, you might as well get used to it in this forum.

There are a number of Chump Cultists that with their lying, plagiarism, racism, bigotry, misogyny and blind loyalty to whatever Trump does/says...you will be inundated with that which you've mentioned.

Any facts, truths or criticisms of Trump will quickly be met with 'Obama this, Hillary that,' which is their intellectual equivalent of... "I know you are, but what am I?"

BTW - A quick way to identify these people is to hit the 'quote' button in any post, scroll way down...and the last 10 or so posts will have their user name next to their post.

You'll soon get to the point, where you could almost make the posts for some of these simpletons...before they even post.

Your exchange is with one of the worst ones here...hence 'Dirtbanker = Dirtbag.'
You want to get the guy all stirred up for your enjoyment...

Your tip will also allow him to see you are no different with the insults in other threads, just a liberal with an agenda.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
You want to get the guy all stirred up for your enjoyment...

Your tip will also allow him to see you are no different with the insults in other threads, just a liberal with an agenda.

Tags
statehoodlol, change, monarchy, democracy, government

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.