Stock market profits and income taxes

Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM
n/a

Default Stock market profits and income taxes

Might it be better to wait and not take profits until after the 2016 election? A Republican win, which I think has a good chance, may be followed by lower taxes.

Your honest opinion will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Might it be better to wait and not take profits until after the 2016 election? A Republican win, which I think has a good chance, may be followed by lower taxes.

Your honest opinion will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
You might be waiting a good long while for that Republican win.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:37 PM
n/a

The market is running on fear right now. The pivotal issue is when the Fed begins to raise interest rates. I am not a big fan of the Fed and quite honestly they are guessing like the rest of us. I do hope Congress gets to audit the Fed soon. Meantime retirees are losing a great deal of money because of no interest on savings, etc
Old 03-23-2015, 01:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
You might be waiting a good long while for that Republican win.
No value added to the issue and question being asked....again.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
No value added to the issue and question being asked....again.
ok, you're right. I should have been more specific.

To the OP:

You should time you stock sales to maximize the stock prices and your profitability. Historically, the economy and stock market fairs much worse under Republican stewardship than Democratic.

I won't provide the historical data, but if challenged on the facts, I can supply links to support the statement above.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:

To the OP:

You should time you stock sales to maximize the stock prices and your profitability. Historically, the economy and stock market fairs much worse under Republican stewardship than Democratic.

I won't provide the historical data, but if challenged on the facts, I can supply links to support the statement above.
How about we start with this:

The Worst Four Years Of GDP Growth In History: Yes, We Should Be Worried - Forbes
Old 03-23-2015, 06:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
The market is running on fear right now. The pivotal issue is when the Fed begins to raise interest rates. I am not a big fan of the Fed and quite honestly they are guessing like the rest of us. I do hope Congress gets to audit the Fed soon. Meantime retirees are losing a great deal of money because of no interest on savings, etc
If retirees are losing a great deal of money with the Dow at 18,000 then it's time for a new money manager.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:49 PM
n/a

Looks to me reviewing the history of the market and various indexes the markets trend over the years is clearly up up and away up......

Yes with ups and downs and independent of who is in office over the long haul.

Where else can one get a better return?
Old 03-23-2015, 06:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

To the OP:

Forget about who is in office and when how about the performance of the market:

Historical Chart Gallery: Market Indexes - StockCharts.com - Free Charts

Trying to pin what happened during which party is the same as shooting an arrow into a wall. Then going up to it and painting a bullseye around the arrow and then hollering and pointing and shouting.....SEE!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.