Stop calling Donald Trump a Christian.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
He is President of the United States!!! His views on just about anything matter.
President Obama was all over the place on his own views of religion. That was most unsettling to a lot of us, especially those of us raised Christian.

Donald Trump is a proclaimed Christian and is not a sterling example just like most of us.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
President Obama was all over the place on his own views of religion. That was most unsettling to a lot of us, especially those of us raised Christian.

Donald Trump is a proclaimed Christian and is not a sterling example just like most of us.
Was he? He seems like just a normal worshipper to me. Donald John Trump looks like a person who puts on a coat of religion to get votes and takes it off when it is inconvenient to him as he would rather be golfing.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Was he? He seems like just a normal worshipper to me. Donald John Trump looks like a person who puts on a coat of religion to get votes and takes it off when it is inconvenient to him as he would rather be golfing.
You didn't see the same with Obama? Really?
Old 04-12-2017, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
You didn't see the same with Obama? Really?
Not at all. When have you seen Donald Trump in church??
Old 04-12-2017, 09:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Not at all. When have you seen Donald Trump in church??
I was referring to being religious when politically necessary.

Like Constantine...there wouldn't BE "Christianity" if he...in a moment of need...hadn't made "Christianity"...HIS brand of it...the "official world religion" when he declared it to be the religion of Rome.

Politicians LIE...and they're smart enough to KNOW that religion is bullsh!t but an effective way to deal with the masses.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
I was referring to being religious when politically necessary.

Like Constantine...there wouldn't BE "Christianity" if he...in a moment of need...hadn't made "Christianity"...HIS brand of it...the "official world religion" when he declared it to be the religion of Rome.

Politicians LIE...and they're smart enough to KNOW
that religion is bullsh!t but an effective way to deal with the masses.

You ever have cancer with involvement into lymph nodes? Just curious.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
[/COLOR][/CENTER]You ever have cancer with involvement into lymph nodes? Just curious.
That gets you religious in a hurry as does having your high school teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell murdered on your birthday of 2-24 in 1976 in Reno, Nevada. You wonder what is the meaning of all this? I church-hopped for a while, minored in Religious Studies, got thrown out of the Unification Church's just off campus meetings for being too argumentative and refusing to go on one of their weekend retreats, went to BYU Law School to get an immersion in Mormonism (pushed in too deep for me) , and still read The Bible every so often. I do not go to church that often though but I am not a politician looking for votes. Loved the Church on the Square and their visiting local religious leaders. They brought in the most interesting people from different denominations.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
That gets you religious in a hurry as does having your high school teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell murdered on your birthday of 2-24 in 1976 in Reno, Nevada. You wonder what is the meaning of all this? I church-hopped for a while, minored in Religious Studies, got thrown out of the Unification Church's just off campus meetings for being too argumentative and refusing to go on one of their weekend retreats, went to BYU Law School to get an immersion in Mormonism (pushed in too deep for me) , and still read The Bible every so often. I do not go to church that often though but I am not a politician looking for votes. Loved the Church on the Square and their visiting local religious leaders. They brought in the most interesting people from different denominations.
Whatever YOU decide the meaning or lack of is.

IF you've studied religion objectively...you know it's ALL bullsh!t. Every one of them...just made up crap.

Maybe "interesting" as in good story tellers? But that's all they were...stories.

Modern Christianity is nothing like the earlier versions. Christianity 2.0, post Constantine...is a political creature. Even earlier than that...Paul...he is the original cheerleader in essence creating the whole Jesus myth. The Jews don't believe in Jesus because it never happened the way Paul...some 30+ years after the fact...described it. Christians are "disgruntled" Jews who converted to a bogus religion created by Paul, much as Muhammad created Islam. More than half the NT can be pretty directly attributed to Paul. The 1st 4 books supposedly by the original disciples are anonymous. Constantine added and took out all kinds of things when he made it Rome's official religion. It's mostly Pagan. Even the Jews Torah, the OT stories are based on much earlier non-religious stories. The great flood being the rising seas after the last ice age.

It's ALL a load of crap sold to you for a mere 10% tithing.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Whether YOU like it or not THE FIRST AMENDMENT to the constitution outlaws a state religion.

The first ten Amendments to the constitution is termed THE BILL OF RIGHTS and they were placed in order of importance.

YOU are clearly anti Trump. To this end you have BASTARDIZED religion.
Sounds like a very compassionate pastor. Guess forgiveness is not part of his code of live.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Trump has an evil personality and shows nothing of what we would expect from a Christian.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Whatever YOU decide the meaning or lack of is.

IF you've studied religion objectively...you know it's ALL bullsh!t. Every one of them...just made up crap.

Maybe "interesting" as in good story tellers? But that's all they were...stories.

Modern Christianity is nothing like the earlier versions. Christianity 2.0, post Constantine...is a political creature. Even earlier than that...Paul...he is the original cheerleader in essence creating the whole Jesus myth. The Jews don't believe in Jesus because it never happened the way Paul...some 30+ years after the fact...described it. Christians are "disgruntled" Jews who converted to a bogus religion created by Paul, much as Muhammad created Islam. More than half the NT can be pretty directly attributed to Paul. The 1st 4 books supposedly by the original disciples are anonymous. Constantine added and took out all kinds of things when he made it Rome's official religion. It's mostly Pagan. Even the Jews Torah, the OT stories are based on much earlier non-religious stories. The great flood being the rising seas after the last ice age.

It's ALL a load of crap sold to you for a mere 10% tithing.
Some of these might be true. Who really knows.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Excuse me, but did God go on vacation and leave this pastor in charge? If so, I guess many of us did not get that memo.

Free speech allows each of us to have an opinion, yes opinion, of who is what. It also allows us to voice our opinions, just as you voiced yours comparing President Trump to Herod. I, and for that matter you, am not on this earth to decide who is and who is not a Christian. That is between them and God, not some preacher or us. When God needs such a judge as to who is and who isn't a Christian, maybe this pastor can be the first to put in his application for the position. Meanwhile, he should be there to preach the Gospel, not rewrite it. He, too, is entitled to an opinion, but not to make that opinion a commandment.

Remember, Jerimiah Wright was a pastor, too.
Free speech without accountability is unfair and a cowards way to hurt another. Check your 10 commandments and see what is stated about gossip !!!
Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Trump has an evil personality and shows nothing of what we would expect from a Christian.
That is IT...in a nutshell!!

You can't change narcissistic sociopaths.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sounds like a very compassionate pastor. Guess forgiveness is not part of his code of live.
NC pastor to Trump supporters: Stop calling Trump a Christian—he's everything Jesus stood against

That pastor looks rather honest to me and he had things to say about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama as well.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoodle View Post

I am pointing out hypocrisy. I am a Lutheran and think that each should be able to read The Bible and other religious works and make up his or her mind without the state or anyone else interfering in the man to God relationship. Trump also seems to think that God chose him rather than the voters. The voters actually chose Clinton. The Electoral College picked Trump.
Hahaha...that is a funny one there. Have you ever read this bible you speak of??

Second Thessalonians 3:10-2 = If anyone is unwilling to work, let him not eat...now that is some heavy duty hypocrisy on your part, big Christian !

Did Trump say God choose him? I remember him thanking different groups of people (like "the great people of Indiana", etc) for electing him...maybe he told you in private? Or, maybe you heard "some major news anchor say it"...

The "voters actually chose" Crooked Hillary? Certainly as a Christian you don't expect God to chose her!

The Electoral College decides the election and has for many years. Surprised the Dems did not know that. Gee if they did they probably would have spent more time campaigning were Trump did. Idiots!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tags
stop, christian, trump, donald, calling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.