Gas attack kills 1300 in Damascus!

Old 04-07-2017, 09:52 AM
n/a

Default Gas attack kills 1300 in Damascus!

In 2013 a gas attack in Syria killed 1300. Both Republicans and Trump were against a retaliatory strike that Obama wanted. Now that we're "Making America Great Again".....no problem.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
In 2013 a gas attack in Syria killed 1300. Both Republicans and Trump were against a retaliatory strike that Obama wanted. Now that we're "Making America Great Again".....no problem.
Yep, sometimes you get "real" and some times you do not. My hope is Trump finally understands his job is not attacking his fellow Americans.

He did the right thing.

He opposed it in 2013, as well as almost everyone in congress and overwhelmingly the American people. It hurt him in the polls and politically, but that was a different time. I was one who criticized him at that time, but this is why study of history is so interesting......actions taken are directly linked to that time, meaning you can do the same act at two different times, and because of the TIME, results will vary
Old 04-07-2017, 12:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yep, sometimes you get "real" and some times you do not. My hope is Trump finally understands his job is not attacking his fellow Americans.

He did the right thing.

He opposed it in 2013, as well as almost everyone in congress and overwhelmingly the American people. It hurt him in the polls and politically, but that was a different time. I was one who criticized him at that time, but this is why study of history is so interesting......actions taken are directly linked to that time, meaning you can do the same act at two different times, and because of the TIME, results will vary
Damn, you put some lipstick on that pig. Pretty good spin.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Damn, you put some lipstick on that pig. Pretty good spin.
It is what it is.

One ingredient of anything in history is what the "lay of the land" is at the time. Times, moments, people, they all change.

I strongly felt there need to be action and we didn't take it. At that time Russia was not in Syria...they came shortly there after.

Had Trump leveled a city, or had a target that had any chance of killing Russians, I would have opposed this, but the strike, in my opinion was great.

Back when I wanted action the variables were much different.

Not trying to put the proverbial lipstick on, just telling the truth about my feelings on this. It is always important to frame your views in present tense and not past.

Tags
attack, gas, wanted, obama, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.