Syria missle attack

Old 04-07-2017, 05:12 AM
n/a

Default Syria missle attack

As someone who could not get anyone to even read my posts and threads on Syria as Bucco 4 years ago, I applaud the missle strike in Syria.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
As someone who could not get anyone to even read my posts and threads on Syria as Bucco 4 years ago, I applaud the missle strike in Syria.
I'll be honest, I'm a bit ambivalent on it.

While my immediate reaction when Assad did the same thing in 2013, was to retaliate with military force...I also understand why there was reluctance on Congress' part to take military action.

What's being glossed over this time by the Trump Cultists in general, and Trump in particular, is the FACT that Congress would not even bring to a vote...Obama's request to take military action.

Trump Hypocrisy: Blaming Syrian Chemical Attack on Obama | Mother Jones

Quote:
It will come as no surprise at this point that the Trump White House's position was hypocritical. First, Obama's red line at the time was a threat of US military action against Syria should it continue to use chemical weapons.

When Obama asked the GOP-led Congress to authorize the potential use of force against Syria, the Republicans, not wanting to take a firm stance, declined to hold a vote.

Not to mention that at the time, Trump HIMSELF tweeted that Obama needs the approval of Congress (which Trump obviously did not get before yesterday's bombing)....and that we should take NO ACTION toward Syria.

Trump to Obama in 2013: Do not attack Syria - CNN Video

Quote:
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "We should stay the hell out of Syria, the "rebels" are just as bad as the current regime. WHAT WILL WE GET FOR OUR LIVES AND $ BILLIONS?ZERO"

Simply more proof that Chump is....a flaming liar and a hypocrite.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'll be honest, I'm a bit ambivalent on it.

While my immediate reaction when Assad did the same thing in 2013, was to retaliate with military force...I also understand why there was reluctance on Congress' part to take military action.

What's being glossed over this time by the Trump Cultists in general, and Trump in particular, is the FACT that Congress would not even bring to a vote...Obama's request to take military action.

Trump Hypocrisy: Blaming Syrian Chemical Attack on Obama | Mother Jones

Not to mention that at the time, Trump HIMSELF tweeted that Obama needs the approval of Congress (which Trump obviously did not get before yesterday's bombing) and that we should take NO ACTION toward Syria.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/04/04/president-donald-trump-barack-obama-syria-gas-attack-tweet-sot-cnni.cnn]Trump to Obama in 2013: Do not attack Syria - CNN Video[/url

Simply more proof that Chump is....a flaming liar and a hypocrite.
I agree with much of what you say.

I recall vividly the resistance Obama got at that time, the warnings issued actually from congress to not react. I felt striping enough then to say forget it.

I DO think Trump makes a serious mistake if he does not openly and loud beginning talks with both sides of congress. I believe in our government and how it works best when both sides are engaged and have a voice.

I have always said I do not trust Trump, to the point people on here enjoy their little name calling, but two things....

1. Just a week since he "embraced" Assad, I do believe he got educated in the real world by the chemical attack, and I am glad he "changed his mind"

2. Getting the hard right, actually alt right radical Bannon out of his ear is a good and positive sign.

Trump has not "SOLD ME" but when I agree....I agree.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
I agree with much of what you say.

I recall vividly the resistance Obama got at that time, the warnings issued actually from congress to not react. I felt striping enough then to say forget it.

I DO think Trump makes a serious mistake if he does not openly and loud beginning talks with both sides of congress. I believe in our government and how it works best when both sides are engaged and have a voice.

I have always said I do not trust Trump, to the point people on here enjoy their little name calling, but two things....

1. Just a week since he "embraced" Assad, I do believe he got educated in the real world by the chemical attack, and I am glad he "changed his mind"

2. Getting the hard right, actually alt right radical Bannon out of his ear is a good and positive sign.

Trump has not "SOLD ME" but when I agree....I agree.
The most interesting part, will be to watch for Russia's reaction to the bombings.

Will they soft-pedal it, or take a harder stance toward Trump...and therefore back Trump in a corner to start calling out Russia more forcefully?

Or will the Russian's maybe even hint at whatever they 'might' have on Trump...and stop Trump in his tracks?

I can easily see this as Trump's one and only action toward Syria, whereby he can crow and brag about 'being a strong military leader, unlike Obama' (which of course, is totally false being that Congress stopped Obama and Trump didn't even ask Congress' permission)...but then do nothing else in fear of pi$$ing off Putin.

Only the future knows.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:34 AM
n/a

I will be a bit more optimistic and hope he turned a corner.

Russia MUST be called out. I never have understood, even so many posters support for what is an evil, killing regime and certainly an enemy of the US in every way.

"MOSCOW — Russia reacted harshly on Friday to the American strike against Syria, maintaining its view that its ally, President Bashar al-Assad, had not bombed his own people with chemical weapons and saying that the United States’ operation would further corrode already dismal relations between Moscow and Washington."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/w...kes-syria.html
Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
I will be a bit more optimistic and hope he turned a corner.

Russia MUST be called out. I never have understood, even so many posters support for what is an evil, killing regime and certainly an enemy of the US in every way.

"MOSCOW — Russia reacted harshly on Friday to the American strike against Syria, maintaining its view that its ally, President Bashar al-Assad, had not bombed his own people with chemical weapons and saying that the United States’ operation would further corrode already dismal relations between Moscow and Washington."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/w...kes-syria.html
It is a step anyway. It will be very interesting what happens next with all this.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:35 AM
n/a

Cruise missles are about $1,000,000 a pop. A great investment for a country who is borrowing money to pay for medicare and social security.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:41 AM
n/a

Pentagon: US strike in Syria a 'proportional response' | TheHill

Looks like Trump talked on the Red Phone to Putin before doing this.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Cruise missles are about $1,000,000 a pop. A great investment for a country who is borrowing money to pay for medicare and social security.
I head a retired general last night say they cost over 2 mil each when loaded up. Put on BBC news they are carrying footage of the Syrian airport. There does not appear to be much damage in the footage being shown. Runways still in tact with burn marks on them. Planes still in bunkers - look untouched. Maybe I am being propagandized.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM
n/a

No one expects any accolades from the resistence to Trump party.

He did the right thing. Congress has proven to be nothing more than an elected bunch of political, self preserving obstructionists.

As commander in chief with the advice and counsel of the military leadership, decision making is more targeted (pun intended).

Trump telegraphs the days of the meaningless lines in the sand are over!

Congress needs to be re-invented and voided of the old baggage establishment. Useless!
Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
I head a retired general last night say they cost over 2 mil each when loaded up. Put on BBC news they are carrying footage of the Syrian airport. There does not appear to be much damage in the footage being shown. Runways still in tact with burn marks on them. Planes still in bunkers - look untouched. Maybe I am being propagandized.
Typical Donald Trump smoke and mirrors.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:50 AM
n/a

Trump needed to show his detractors that he does in fact have an operable albeit small penius.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrickeyD View Post
Trump needed to show his detractors that he does in fact have an operable albeit small penius.
I guess you prefer BIG penius?

I doubt the decision was based on his detractors...he could care less about the whining losers.

I applaud the decision as it was a vast improvement over the failed rhetoric of the prior administration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 08:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
I will take his word for it.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:08 AM
n/a

Second attack on Syrian town hit by chemical weapons reported after Trump strikes in Idlib – live | World news | The Guardian

Information what is going on with Syria and these missile strikes.

Tags
threads, years, attack, mislead, syria

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.