Taking it to the Islamic State

Old 02-16-2015, 12:11 PM
n/a

Default Taking it to the Islamic State

Nice to see Egypt and Jordan ramping up their attacks. ISIL is making a lot of enemies where ever they are. Now if the Iraqi military ever starts functioning things would turn much faster.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Nice to see Egypt and Jordan ramping up their attacks. ISIL is making a lot of enemies where ever they are. Now if the Iraqi military ever starts functioning things would turn much faster.
I do agree with this but wonder where they were when they were announced as members of the coalition ????

I will shy away from your Iraqi comment as it would only bring about chagrin and since I am agreeing on one point, better quit while ahead.

Thankfully they were here....

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - About 25 Islamic State fighters led by several suicide bombers attacked Ain al-Asad air base in Iraq's Anbar province on Friday but were repulsed by Iraqi security forces guarding the perimeter who killed most of the assailants, the Pentagon said.

Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, told reporters in Washington that U.S. Marines training Iraqi military troops at the sprawling base were about 2 miles (3.5 km) away and were not involved in the fight.

U.S. forces scrambled drones and Apache helicopters to assist but the fighting was over by the time they arrived and they never fired a shot, said Army Colonel Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman.

Iraqi army repels attack on base hosting U.S. Marines, officials say - World | The Star Online

Then again.....a different kind of war...

"One of the most brazen attacks by the group in weeks

ISIS militants donning Iraqi uniforms attacked a military base in Iraq housing U.S. advisers on Friday, but the Iraqi military largely repelled the attack. No U.S. or Iraqi service members were reported killed.

The assault was one of the most brazen in recent weeks by ISIS fighters. According to the Wall Street Journal, an initial wave of fighters attacked the base in suicide vests, followed by a second set of militants firing rockets and mortars."

ISIS Attacks Iraqi Air Base Housing U.S. Military
Old 02-16-2015, 02:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I do agree with this but wonder where they were when they were announced as members of the coalition ????

I will shy away from your Iraqi comment as it would only bring about chagrin and since I am agreeing on one point, better quit while ahead.

Thankfully they were here....

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - About 25 Islamic State fighters led by several suicide bombers attacked Ain al-Asad air base in Iraq's Anbar province on Friday but were repulsed by Iraqi security forces guarding the perimeter who killed most of the assailants, the Pentagon said.

Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, told reporters in Washington that U.S. Marines training Iraqi military troops at the sprawling base were about 2 miles (3.5 km) away and were not involved in the fight.

U.S. forces scrambled drones and Apache helicopters to assist but the fighting was over by the time they arrived and they never fired a shot, said Army Colonel Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman.

Iraqi army repels attack on base hosting U.S. Marines, officials say - World | The Star Online

Then again.....a different kind of war...

"One of the most brazen attacks by the group in weeks

ISIS militants donning Iraqi uniforms attacked a military base in Iraq housing U.S. advisers on Friday, but the Iraqi military largely repelled the attack. No U.S. or Iraqi service members were reported killed.

The assault was one of the most brazen in recent weeks by ISIS fighters. According to the Wall Street Journal, an initial wave of fighters attacked the base in suicide vests, followed by a second set of militants firing rockets and mortars."

ISIS Attacks Iraqi Air Base Housing U.S. Military
I think ISIS will keep at it until they are able to engage US forces directly. They would be willing to take many causalities in order to capture several US troops -- let's pray it does not happen. However, if ISIS pulls this off, you can bet the ranch they would then hold a public beheading ceremony as they did with the Coptic Christians today.

On the other hand, I'm sure Obama would deplore the "senseless violence' yadda yadda, remind us this atrocity has no connection to Islam, and likely even defer his golf game a day or so.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:08 PM
n/a

From the son of the Rev Billy Graham...

"n a Facebook post on Feb. 16, Rev. Graham, who heads the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, said, “The militant Islamic terrorist group ISIS has released a video called A MESSAGE SIGNED WITH BLOOD TO THE NATION OF THE CROSS showing the beheadings of the 21 Egyptian Christians who had been kidnapped in Libya.”

“Can you imagine the outcry if 21 Muslims had been beheaded by Christians?” said Rev. Graham. “Where is the universal condemnation by Muslim leaders around the world?”

“As we mourn with the families of those 21 martyrs, we’d better take this warning seriously as these acts of terror will only spread throughout Europe and the United States,” warned Rev. Graham.

“If this concerns you like it does me, share this,” he said. “The storm is coming.”

Rev. Graham:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.