Tax Reform

Old 10-21-2017, 02:25 PM
n/a

Default Tax Reform

In my view our tax policy should be efficient and simple. Its goal should not be fairness because that is a subjective term and as such everyone will want their share of fairness. In that I am against all types of carve outs

I am interested in others opinion concerning the following current tax breaks and perhaps other tax breaks that come to mind

Employer-provided healthcare and medical care
Capital/ dividend/interest gains
State and local tax deductions
Mortgage Interest deduction
Charitable -donation deductions
Tax credits for renewable
Tax credits for purchase of EV (electric vehicles)
Import/Export subsidy for corporations

Personal Best Regards:
Old 10-21-2017, 03:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
In my view our tax policy should be efficient and simple. Its goal should not be fairness because that is a subjective term and as such everyone will want their share of fairness. In that I am against all types of carve outs

I am interested in others opinion concerning the following current tax breaks and perhaps other tax breaks that come to mind

Personal Best Regards:

"Tax Policy" is thinly disguised Type 2 legislation: screwing somebody in some fashion.

Fair tax is the flat tax on personal income only -- all tax after Income tax is Double taxation.

To achieve that, the Constitutional machinery has to be overhauled. Here's a place to start:

How to rid the Senate of Femo-Fascist idiots

Old 10-21-2017, 05:27 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
An honest discussion has to start with this so called tax reform is a direct transfer of our grandchildren’s future earnings to their parents and grandparents. Shame on us for supporting this piece of garbage.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
An honest discussion has to start with this so called tax reform is a direct transfer of our grandchildren’s future earnings to their parents and grandparents. Shame on us for supporting this piece of garbage.
Despite the sledge-hammer emphasis of the is post, I doubt the poster is sincere, since deficit spending has been a fact of life for decades, and I suspect this poster never mentioned deficits during the 8 years of Obama.

But I agree, debt policy is shows what an utter disgrace and fraud government fiscal policy is.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:54 PM
n/a

"Trump has no ideological drive to tame the deficit. The President has made clear that he doesn't mind if deep tax cuts result in a ballooning of the national debt. He is not pre-occupied with offsetting new spending; and he is entirely comfortable with a clean raising of the debt ceiling."

Trump, 'King of Debt,' makes GOP fret - CNNPolitics
Old 10-21-2017, 06:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Despite the sledge-hammer emphasis of the is post, I doubt the poster is sincere, since deficit spending has been a fact of life for decades, and I suspect this poster never mentioned deficits during the 8 years of Obama.

But I agree, debt policy is shows what an utter disgrace and fraud government fiscal policy is.
People tend to forget or ignore the financial situation in this country in 2008.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
People tend to forget or ignore the financial situation in this country in 2008.

You have nothing comprehensive or principled to contribute to this discussion -- only politically expedient details to feed the Femo-Fascist's primitive blood lust for power, as acted out by discrediting Trump and the anti-Type-2 Americans who voted for him.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
"Tax Policy" is thinly disguised Type 2 legislation: screwing somebody in some fashion.

Fair tax is the flat tax on personal income only -- all tax after Income tax is Double taxation.

To achieve that, the Constitutional machinery has to be overhauled. Here's a place to start:

How to rid the Senate of Femo-Fascist idiots

Huh? WHY should MY income...MY labor be taxed? WHY does the government think it's entitled to part of MY labor? It can tax imports, it can have a "use tax". But it SHOULDN'T be taxing the work I do as an individual person.

Quote:
ONLY when you run a deficit year after year and owe $20 trillion that you'll NEVER pay back. It's OVER $60,000 PER man, woman, and child. A baby born today...owes more than $60,000 as his share.

Quote:

Fraud is the only word you had to use. Government transfers our labor to themselves through the "money system". You see...we do actual work and they hand us pieces of paper. Then we have to give some of it back as "taxes" on out labor...and interest...for loans that are nothing more than a bank ledger entry. The bank puts nothing on the line. They don't have warehouses full of gold to back anything up. It's ledger entries. Numbers on a computer screen. MOST of the "money" doesn't exist anywhere as cash.

"In fact, economists estimate that only 8 percent of the world's currency exists as physical cash. The rest exists only on a computer hard drive, in electronic bank accounts around the world."

"As of July 2013, currency in circulation—that is, U.S. coins and paper currency in the hands of the public—totaled about $1.2 trillion dollars. The amount of cash in circulation has risen rapidly in recent decades and much of the increase has been caused by demand from abroad."

Quote:
People ignore the financial situation the country is in NOW. $20 trillion in debt and borrowing over $1 trillion every year. We ARE bankrupt...the party won't last forever. It will end within 30 years. An 80% minority America won't survive.

THAT is how you killed your grandchildren's future...you gave away "white America" and are replacing it with 3rd world America.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:58 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Those tax breaks listed are all worth having with the exceptions of purchasing electric vehicles, and the subsidies for corporations.

Just too bad posters did not take this discussion seriously but just put their blatherings on what could have been a good discussion thread.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Those tax breaks listed are all worth having with the exceptions of purchasing electric vehicles, and the subsidies for corporations.

Just too bad posters did not take this discussion seriously but just put their blatherings on what could have been a good discussion thread.
Too bad you IGNORE the truth...thereby destroying any "good discussion". Just like you do with racial and gender equality.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:21 AM
n/a

Quote:

I am that poster and you are flat ass wrong. I have been against passing our debt on to our grandchildren long before Obama. You should try it.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am that poster and you are flat ass wrong. I have been against passing our debt on to our grandchildren long before Obama. You should try it.
If you say so.

There has to be a Constitutional Amendment to prohibit government debt. We're chumps if we think government will control itself.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:19 AM
n/a

It seems to me, sadly, once again the Republicans are turning to Trickledown Economics. It hasn't worked before and it will not work now. Just ask Kansas.... Sam Brownback was elected Governor along with a Republican Senate and House enacted into law as the first order of business.

Within 2 years the state was in trouble:

Sam Brownback's Tax-Cut Push Puts Kansas Out on Its Own - WSJ

It got worse, he doubled down then the legislature revolted.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway.../#72ea48d5508f

It hasn't worked before and it will fail again!

COPUFF
Old 10-22-2017, 11:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
It seems to me, sadly, once again the Republicans are turning to Trickledown Economics. It hasn't worked before and it will not work now. Just ask Kansas.... Sam Brownback was elected Governor along with a Republican Senate and House enacted into law as the first order of business.

COPUFF

Old 10-22-2017, 04:17 PM
n/a

Quote:

COPUFF
You are correct it will not work but it will pass with support from both sides. Politicians keep their jobs year after year by coming up with innovative ways to pass debt onto our grandchildren. They have a winner here.

Tags
tax

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.