Taxpayers on the hook for extremist education

Old 12-09-2017, 11:58 AM
n/a

Interesting how the subject matter has been altered so far....
Many of those who criticize Public Schools have absolutely NO idea of their curriculums, nor the text books that the local school boards, and state school boards have approved.

There is some "crap" being taught, but it usually surrounds American History.....example:School board in Texas community approved of an American History text that said that Slavery was actually immigration!

It is hard to alter math, physics, and the use of grammar, but easy to spin history. Very few texts show the genocide of the Native American population, the desecration of the Bison, the myths of cowboys, and call it the Westward Expansion.

Today, we see those who have failed in their own education efforts try to discredit education itself. We are seeing efforts to minimize public education, and demonize higher education by those with political agendas. Real education does not direct a person's attitudes, or thought processes, but rather shows a person how to critically analyse and think. Real education is opening the mind to accept ALL theories and teach us tools to either support or deny those theories.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post
Many of those who criticize Public Schools have absolutely NO idea of their curriculums, nor the text books that the local school boards, and state school boards have approved.

There is some "crap" being taught, but it usually surrounds American History.....example:School board in Texas community approved of an American History text that said that Slavery was actually immigration!

It is hard to alter math, physics, and the use of grammar, but easy to spin history. Very few texts show the genocide of the Native American population, the desecration of the Bison, the myths of cowboys, and call it the Westward Expansion.

Today, we see those who have failed in their own education efforts try to discredit education itself. We are seeing efforts to minimize public education, and demonize higher education by those with political agendas. Real education does not direct a person's attitudes, or thought processes, but rather shows a person how to critically analyse and think. Real education is opening the mind to accept ALL theories and teach us tools to either support or deny those theories.
Great, then you won't have a problem with the next 8 years where the students are taught from a conservative ideology...as opposed to the liberial ideology that has produced so many non motivated graduates!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2017, 03:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Sorry Cal "guy"...that's my way of describing "gays"...is it not an apt describer? Gay men DO show their love for each other by penetrating each others ass...am I right or not? So WHY do you have a problem when I bring it up? Embarrassed? It seems so "vulgar" when I say it...it's not "loving" like when you and your "partner"...today's anyway..."make love"?
Gay sex is something that never really enters my consciousness. On the other hand, the frequency with which you bring it up suggests an interest on your part.

Quote:
Because you KNOW it's a wild goose chase...there is NOT a "nice" MLK Blvd anywhere...why? Because BLACKS live there. There is NO nice place ANYWHERE that is full of blacks.
What's the point. Any nice community of hard working black families you'd still consider a cesspool because it's full of blacks.

Quote:
YOUR daughter? So she went to this school in the 1960s? A LOT has changed in that last 50 years...a WHOLE lot. Go to that school now and I bet you don't recognize it...metal detectors, armed guards...panic buttons for teachers.
Not that it is any of your business but she graduated from high school in 2007.

Quote:
Where else would I live? Among "them"
I don't really care where you live as long as it's not next to me. Try the moon, it will be 100% white. Unless you bring along the half-breed Hispanics you keep producing.

Quote:
Many people here are wrong about a LOT of things.
It's good you've finally admitted you're wrong.

Quote:
How do you feel about California becoming a majority Hispanic? You left so it couldn't be THAT great. You didn't move JUST for the diving. CA sucks now with so many minorities...doesn't it? It WAS much better 30-40-50 or more years ago...before the Hispanic invasion...wasn't it? I lived there too Calguy...10 years.
My leaving California had nothing to do with Hispanics or any minority. I don't not how many times I have to say it before it gets through to you.....at least once more is my guess. That's how YOU choose where to live which if fine and dandy....it's YOUR life. For my wife and I we wanted to live in a different part of the country and diving was a major factor in our decision to come to Florida. We gave consideration to Washington state which is closer to Calif but it's really cold water up there. We much prefer warmer water diving.

Quote:
The numbers you get from Google are from the 2010 census...a LOT has changed. I got my numbers from the former vice president...his own words...and he was NOT lying...this time.
So where are your numbers from the census bureau?
Old 12-09-2017, 03:32 PM
n/a

Quote:

Are you serious you have college kids can't tell you who is buried in Grants tomb

Personal Best Regards;
Old 12-09-2017, 04:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Are you serious you have college kids can't tell you who is buried in Grants tomb

Personal Best Regards;
It looks like you are a perfect example of a person who failed in education.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:19 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards;
Quote:
It looks like you are a perfect example of a person who failed in education.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gay sex is something that never really enters my consciousness. On the other hand, the frequency with which you bring it up suggests an interest on your part.

What's the point. Any nice community of hard working black families you'd still consider a cesspool because it's full of blacks.

Not that it is any of your business but she graduated from high school in 2007.

I don't really care where you live as long as it's not next to me. Try the moon, it will be 100% white. Unless you bring along the half-breed Hispanics you keep producing.

It's good you've finally admitted you're wrong.

My leaving California had nothing to do with Hispanics or any minority. I don't not how many times I have to say it before it gets through to you.....at least once more is my guess. That's how YOU choose where to live which if fine and dandy....it's YOUR life. For my wife and I we wanted to live in a different part of the country and diving was a major factor in our decision to come to Florida. We gave consideration to Washington state which is closer to Calif but it's really cold water up there. We much prefer warmer water diving.

So where are your numbers from the census bureau?
Blah blah blah...you have NOTHING to back up your position...all you did was complain about ME personally...so I guess we're done here.

Have a good day.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thousands of kids receiving an extremist and ultraconservative education at the expense of taxpayers.

With taxpayers footing the bill for religious private schools, the separation of church and state, a cornerstone of American democracy, becomes a murky line. So how did it come to be that taxpayers are footing the bill for an evangelical education?

Students report these curriculum sources left them woefully ill-equipped to thrive in a diverse society while instilling in them racist, sexist and intolerant views of the world.

Voucher Schools Championed By Betsy DeVos Can Teach Whatever They Want. Turns Out They Teach Lies. | HuffPost
entertaining ... a liberal who says "extremist" blah blah in reference to traditional values, based on the Bible and common sense, but who probably also supports men using the ladies room as normal
Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
entertaining ... a liberal who says "extremist" blah blah in reference to traditional values, based on the Bible and common sense, but who probably also supports men using the ladies room as normal
"They" think differently than us Tex...women, minorities, liberals...they think differently.

It IS perfectly normal for them...because they're NOT normal themselves.

"Liberalism IS a mental disorder".
Old 12-10-2017, 09:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Another example of someone who failed in education.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil boy View Post
Another example of someone who failed in education.
Gee don't you have a picture for that phrase

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 AM
n/a

Old 12-11-2017, 07:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thousands of kids receiving an extremist and ultraconservative education at the expense of taxpayers.

With taxpayers footing the bill for religious private schools, the separation of church and state, a cornerstone of American democracy, becomes a murky line. So how did it come to be that taxpayers are footing the bill for an evangelical education?

Students report these curriculum sources left them woefully ill-equipped to thrive in a diverse society while instilling in them racist, sexist and intolerant views of the world.

Voucher Schools Championed By Betsy DeVos Can Teach Whatever They Want. Turns Out They Teach Lies. | HuffPost
Extremist education has been occurring for years by progressive based common core! Public schools have become progressive indoctrination centers. Our children’s value system we as conservative parents have taught them are being ripped to shreds by liberal instructions from grade school through college! Changing these liberal institutions is a high priority for the Trump administration in order to Mske America Great Again!
Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Extremist education has been occurring for years by progressive based common core! Public schools have become progressive indoctrination centers. Our children’s value system we as conservative parents have taught them are being ripped to shreds by liberal instructions from grade school through college! Changing these liberal institutions is a high priority for the Trump administration in order to Mske America Great Again!
The liberals call that "Trump hates education".

The ONLY way to make America great AGAIN...is to make America WHITE again. When we peaked we were 90% white...now we're #25 in the world and 51% minorities.

ALL the GREAT countries are white...the great countries are losing their "whiteness" and degrading...all of them.

The planet is being overwhelmed by poor, ignorant, stupid, black/brown people who are becoming the majority.

ONLY Asia will survive because the Asians won't/didn't allow themselves to be bred out of their own countries by 3rd world needy black/brown idiots.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:54 AM
n/a

As much as I love The Villages, I hate the blatant racists we have living here.

Tags
taxpayers, education, footing, bill, extremist

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.