Tea party accomplishments

Old 03-30-2015, 11:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And we haven't been attacked like 9/11, the financial markets haven't collapsed like September 2008, the Dow is hovering around 18,000, unemployment is just above 5%, gas prices are still low.

When President Obama leaves office in January 2017, line up all of your financial statements and compare them to January 2009, the month he was sworn in, and ask yourself 'Am I better off now than I was eight years ago'?
Reagans recovery was built on growth and enterprise. The current stock market bubble is a result of several trillion dollars of borrowed money and trillions in QE by the Fed. I'll keep the money but at least, unlike you, I know enough who to thank -- our kids for letting us charge up their credit card and sticking them with the bill

Also, ironically enough, the artificially high stock market is an excellent example of income inequality which is what the Left wrings its hands over. Go figure ...
Old 03-30-2015, 11:34 AM
n/a

Yea and Reagan raised taxes!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:35 AM
n/a

Reagan would be called a Rino by today's Republican ( tea party) extremists!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:31 PM
n/a

where is the dead horse emoticon when one needs it?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
And we haven't been attacked like 9/11, the financial markets haven't collapsed like September 2008, the Dow is hovering around 18,000, unemployment is just above 5%, gas prices are still low.

When President Obama leaves office in January 2017, line up all of your financial statements and compare them to January 2009, the month he was sworn in, and ask yourself 'Am I better off now than I was eight years ago'?
Abso--lutely!
Obama finally outta office
Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 PM
n/a

The Tea Party offers another option
Old 03-30-2015, 12:53 PM
n/a

Default What

Quote:
The Tea Party offers another option
Exactly is that? What have they demonstrated they are for?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:55 PM
n/a

Default Hope

Quote:
Abso--lutely!
You like Hillary and Liz better. I'd hate to see you go through another 8 years so angry.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yea and Reagan raised taxes!
Actually RR reduced the top income tax rate from 70 to 28% and indexed the tax code to inflation. In short, he restored the incentive to work.

Obama, by contrast, has reduced the incentive to work (various income transfer programs, food stamps and illegal Immigartion to cite a few examples )
Old 03-30-2015, 01:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Abso--lutely!
And makes room for Ted Cruz
Old 03-30-2015, 01:29 PM
n/a

God I hope you guys run that wacko. Bachman would make a great vp candidate, don't you think?
Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 PM
n/a

Default In other words

Quote:
Actually RR reduced the top income tax rate from 70 to 28% and indexed the tax code to inflation. In short, he restored the incentive to work.

Obama, by contrast, has reduced the incentive to work (various income transfer programs, food stamps and illegal Immigartion to cite a few examples )
He lowered the tax rate for the wealthy and placed more on the middle class. Sounds like redistribution of wealth to me, but that is the tea party way, as long as it benefits the billionaire benefactors! And he would still be a Rino today!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
He lowered the tax rate for the wealthy and placed more on the middle class. Sounds like redistribution of wealth to me, but that is the tea party way, as long as it benefits the billionaire benefactors! And he would still be a Rino today!
You have never understood basic economics and finally convinced us all you never will ... (Ps this is your cue to call me a racist and various other reliable standbys)
Old 03-30-2015, 02:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
You like Hillary and Liz better. I'd hate to see you go through another 8 years so angry.
The more I think about Liz Warren as President (plus Chief of the Cherokees) the more I like it

She is so bat sh*t crazy she may end up scaring Putin and the Ayatollahs ... obviously Obama does not
Old 03-30-2015, 02:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
You have never understood basic economics and finally convinced us all you never will ... (Ps this is your cue to call me a racist and various other reliable standbys)
Don't know what this has to do with the OP, but I'll roll with it. Perhaps you can splain to us lesser minds how lowering the rates on the wealthy, and increasing the tax burden on the middle class helps the economy, or more specifically, the middle class to which most of us belong. The top marginal rate in the 50's was more than 90%, a decade in which the middle class enjoyed the greatest prosperity in history, with low unemployment, low inflation, and high productivity. The top marginal rate today is 39.6%, an era in which the middle class is losing prosperity at an alarming rate. Some of you seem to have bought into the Karl Rove, Grover Norquist, et al propaganda that the wealthy will take good care of the economy if they only get to keep more of what they acquire and get rid of those pesky regulations on their businesses. They have bought you with religious scare tactics and out and out lies to promote their agenda, which in no way benefits you or your kids and grandkids (unless you are a Walton or a Ford etc.)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.