Tea party accomplishments

Old 04-04-2015, 04:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
They've raised "awareness", like the disenfranchised and unemployed "occupy" hippies. As a conservative, I have no clue what the occupiers accomplished other than pooping all over public streets and parks, sexually assaulting each other, smoking a lot of dope and sitting and chanting about the unfairness of the universe.

As a liberal, I'm sure you're aware of how important these awareness campaigns are.
Not sure why you label me a liberal, when all I asked was a simple question.

So far, I haven't seen a single accomplishment of the Tea Party. I would like to know why that movement is relevant to anything positive.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
The tea party cost the republican party at least a half dozen senate seats in the last few cycles. Without such tea party whacko-birds as Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, Todd Akin, Richard Murdock, Joe Buck, republicans could have won all these races and held control of the senate since 2008.
Meant to say Ken Buck of Colorado, not Joe Buck the football announcer.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
I would like to know why that movement is relevant to anything positive.
Anything positive?

Um... reduce taxes, reduce the size of government, balance the budget, and eliminate the national debt.

Surely we can ALL agree on those major tenets of the Tea Party platform. And yes, though it was a bit tongue in cheek, I think they have been very successful in raising awareness and outrage at the burdensome level of taxation and reckless spending.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Anything positive?

Um... reduce taxes, reduce the size of government, balance the budget, and eliminate the national debt.

Surely we can ALL agree on those major tenets of the Tea Party platform. And yes, though it was a bit tongue in cheek, I think they have been very successful in raising awareness and outrage at the burdensome level of taxation and reckless spending.
Tea Party Tax Experiment Forces Schools To Cut The Academic Year Short | ThinkProgress

Tea Party tax experiment in Kansas forces schools to close early due to budget constraints. Way to go, tea party, balance the budget on the backs of school children.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Tea Party Tax Experiment Forces Schools To Cut The Academic Year Short | ThinkProgress

Tea Party tax experiment in Kansas forces schools to close early due to budget constraints. Way to go, tea party, balance the budget on the backs of school children.
Sounds GREAT to me! Time to tighten the belt and cut the waste. I wish the Tea Party had as much influence in Washington. We can hope!

If the Kansas legislature thought school funding needed to be cut, I trust them. I'm sure there's a lot of waste elsewhere in the budget too. Cut away and quit burdening the good citizens of Kansas with an outrageous jobs-killing level of taxation!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sounds GREAT to me! Time to tighten the belt and cut the waste. I wish the Tea Party had as much influence in Washington. We can hope!

If the Kansas legislature thought school funding needed to be cut, I trust them. I'm sure there's a lot of waste elsewhere in the budget too. Cut away and quit burdening the good citizens of Kansas with an outrageous jobs-killing level of taxation!

Liberals lessen their credibility because then never want to cut anything, and basically view the world as one golden goose ... they would get more support if they actually came across as serious stewards of taxpayer funds, vs always wanting to play Santa Claus
Old 04-06-2015, 07:13 AM
n/a

Since are getting no accomplishments from the Team Party.

The Obama Administration has been so bad for the country, so I thought I would link his accomplishments.

A List of 289 Accomplishments by President Obama so far… With Citations | The PCTC Blog

Enjoy the read
Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 AM
n/a

Quote:

The Obama Administration has been so bad for the country, so I thought I would link his accomplishments.

A List of 289 Accomplishments by President Obama so far… With Citations | The PCTC Blog

Enjoy the read
It is always good to have a list of "accomplishments.
I am sure this will ONLY be taken the wrong way, however there are two (or more) aspects to an accomplishment.

One, an accomplishment could be sufficient for some that something was sign, initiated, implented or changed. The act itself is viwed as an accomplishment. That is fine of and by itself.

Other considerations, and many of us are in this camp (matters not whether dem or republican or a what ever). What were the results? Success or failure as measured by what? I am sure here again I will be picking the wrong example, however here goes. It may have been an accomplishment to pull the troops out of Iraq. If that in and of itself was the goal regardless of consequence, then to some, it is indeed an accomplishment. For others any and all accomplishments should be tied to or measured in some way to consequences of an action (good or bad). Iraq as it turns out it was premature to completely withdraw allowing ISIS to evolve from junior varsity status to full blown terrorst threat with more capability and horror to any predecessor.

With that lengthy example, there are very many on the list provided that one would have to know more than just an initiating action to assess whether the intended benefit was ever realized. Or that there was an unintended result of precipitating ISIS terror advance across Iraq.

I for one expect one to know the results of their actions. A measuring of the results to KNOW if the action was successful or on track. Hence allowing corrective action as required to assure the goals and objectives are met.

While Obama is merely the most recent of politiicans who do not measure and follow up on what they say they are going to do or promise....he does do more of it than most.

I am not asking anyone to change how they view the list. I am just highlighting how some of us trained and experienced in the analysis, conclude, plan, measure and take corrctive action view such a list. Repeating; the concept of which is not politically, or racial, religiously or gender based.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:

Enjoy the read
So I click on your link and the FIRST thing listed is:

"Returned The Executive Branch To Fiscal Responsibility"

Are you living in reality land? I mean seriously? Obama has added $6 TRILLION in national debt on his way to $8+ TRILLION by end of office. What EXACTLY has the US gained from racking up all this debt and indenturing future generations with the burden to pay it back?

Under Obama, the executive branch is the most FISCALLY IRRESPONSIBLE administration in history!

No thanks on any more of your liberal fantasy reading. It's all LIES!
(but you already knew that when you posted it!)
Old 04-06-2015, 12:05 PM
n/a

Quote:

Kansas is the poster child for the draconian effects of overaggressive tax cutting. The cutting of school funding was an unintended result of revenue loss, along with major cuts in funding of road maintenance and severe credit rating drops. Gov. brownback PROMISED during the recent election (that he won over dem. Paul Davis by a close margin despite being in the redest of red states) that he would not cut school spending. So much for relying on politicians campaign rhetoric, and besides, those kids don't need such a long school year anyway, since the US leads the world in educational results----------ahh opps! Trust the legislature - on what possible wisdom is that trust based? I am sure that they will find other places to cut like police and fire protection, but not their salaries or benefits. They are now considering a raise in tobacco taxes so that they can fund the necessary services primarily on the backs of the poor, while continuing to lower income taxes on the upper classes.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Kansas is the poster child for the draconian effects of overaggressive tax cutting. The cutting of school funding was an unintended result of revenue loss, along with major cuts in funding of road maintenance and severe credit rating drops. Gov. brownback PROMISED during the recent election (that he won over dem. Paul Davis by a close margin despite being in the redest of red states) that he would not cut school spending. So much for relying on politicians campaign rhetoric, and besides, those kids don't need such a long school year anyway, since the US leads the world in educational results----------ahh opps! Trust the legislature - on what possible wisdom is that trust based? I am sure that they will find other places to cut like police and fire protection, but not their salaries or benefits. They are now considering a raise in tobacco taxes so that they can fund the necessary services primarily on the backs of the poor, while continuing to lower income taxes on the upper classes.
Your post gave me several good chuckles, and for that, I thank you.

It sounds to me like "Kansas is the poster child for the draconian effects of overaggressive tax SPENDING!

Please explain to me how "they are now considering a raise in tobacco taxes so that they can fund the necessary services primarily on the backs of the poor..."
Old 04-06-2015, 12:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your post gave me several good chuckles, and for that, I thank you.

It sounds to me like "Kansas is the poster child for the draconian effects of overaggressive tax SPENDING!

Please explain to me how "they are now considering a raise in tobacco taxes so that they can fund the necessary services primarily on the backs of the poor..."
You may want to consider a course in reading comprehension.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
You may want to consider a course in reading comprehension.
LAME answer. All these budget deficits exist because of out of control liberal SPENDING, not because the government CONFISCATES too little of its citizens' earnings!

Your tobacco argument was a hoot! Poor people buying more heavily taxed smokes is somehow "balancing the budget on the backs of the poor!" That was a walloper!

Old 04-06-2015, 04:21 PM
n/a

And who is it that thinks for one minute the poor do not buy tobacco. It is very impressive that those who can least afford tobacco products do in fact smoke at the expense of other needs.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
LAME answer. All these budget deficits exist because of out of control liberal SPENDING, not because the government CONFISCATES too little of its citizens' earnings!

Your tobacco argument was a hoot! Poor people buying more heavily taxed smokes is somehow "balancing the budget on the backs of the poor!" That was a walloper!

Actually you should have a grownup read these posts and explain them to you, then help you compose a rational and intelligent response. Your use of emoticons is cute though.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.