Tea Party racist remarks

Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 AM
n/a

Default Whatever Makes You Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
...I've resolved to give Obama the same respect that liberals gave Bush. I really don't think I'm harsh enough yet; do you?
Do whatever makes you happy, Richie. But while the Bush-faithful bash Obama, which will surely lead to the Obama-faithful bashing someone who will replace him as President, all the problems facing this country will remain. In fact, they'll probably become even more critical.

Do you think that it might be in our common best interest at some point, for everyone to simply get behind whichever leaders we democratically elect and try to get them to focus on addressing the issues threatening our country and our way of life?

Simply, I fail to understand how people of either political stripe get satisfaction from the back-and-forth criticism and personal assault, knowing full well that the effect is to shroud and obscure the real problems facing the country and the very apparent inadequacy of the governance produced by this system.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Do whatever makes you happy, Richie. But while the Bush-faithful bash Obama, which will surely lead to the Obama-faithful bashing someone who will replace him as President, all the problems facing this country will remain. In fact, they'll probably become even more critical.

Do you think that it might be in our common best interest at some point, for everyone to simply get behind whichever leaders we democratically elect and try to get them to focus on addressing the issues threatening our country and our way of life?

Simply, I fail to understand how people of either political stripe get satisfaction from the back-and-forth criticism and personal assault, knowing full well that the effect is to shroud and obscure the real problems facing the country and the very apparent inadequacy of the governance produced by this system.
VK....you are absolutely correct in what you say !!!!

HOWEVER, RICHIE has a great point and I agree we must get past it...this President came on board and painted himself as someone who is "above the fray" and has become a major player in that fray.

I still have not gotten over the vile and despicable names that were used to paint the President of the US ON THIS BOARD ALONE and while I understand the need to move past that, I must say that RICHIE has a point. Perhaps if folks like you would admit to the fact that it was pretty one sided for quite some time and VERY VERY VILE, it could settle down, but nobody will !

I have gotten over it but cannot forget my President being called such vulger things. I oppose this President's policies with all my strength but would never stoop to the level of the dialogue of the last President's years in office.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.