Ted Cruz is in the race...

Old 03-25-2015, 02:12 AM
n/a

All the pundits are saying Cruz gave a CLASSIC JFK and FDR speech. Funny how the message no longer resonates with the left. They want more and more FREE stuff and they shouldn't have to work for it. It's just not fair! <sniffling, crying>
Old 03-25-2015, 07:23 AM
n/a

A lot of posts with several that seem to represent the same poster.....in counterpoint....Hmmmnnnn!
Old 03-25-2015, 09:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest;103***2
A lot of posts with several that seem to represent the same poster.....in counterpoint....Hmmmnnnn!
or popular opinion?
Old 03-25-2015, 11:29 AM
n/a

Ted Cruz Wants You To Believe He's Legally Required To Sign Up For Obamacare. He's Not. | ThinkProgress

Pertaining to the discussion on here yesterday regarding Ted Cruz signing up for Obamacare: Ted Cruz wants everyone to believe that he is legally required to sign up for Obamacare. He is not. He is signing up for Obamacare by choice.

So what happens to the Cruz family when Senator Ted Cruz has his way and totally repeals every page of Obamacare? He'll be in the same boat as the other 19 million who will lose their healthcare.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ted Cruz Wants You To Believe He's Legally Required To Sign Up For Obamacare. He's Not. | ThinkProgress

Pertaining to the discussion on here yesterday regarding Ted Cruz signing up for Obamacare: Ted Cruz wants everyone to believe that he is legally required to sign up for Obamacare. He is not. He is signing up for Obamacare by choice.

So what happens to the Cruz family when Senator Ted Cruz has his way and totally repeals every page of Obamacare? He'll be in the same boat as the other 19 million who will lose their healthcare.
I hope you are not inferring that anybody is suggesting doing away anybody's health care. The realistic result is 19 million will continue health care. It will just be provided differently.
Of course this does not suit the purpose of trying to make it sound like he is pulling the rug on 19 million people....does it?
Old 03-25-2015, 12:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just out of curiosity ... since you deem Cruz to be "extreme right" does that mean you would then logically describe Elizabeth Warren as "extreme left?"
Yes Mam I would. Let's us not go down the road of mistakes by throwing our support at someone not capable of wining. I would vote for Hillary before Ted Cruz. Our party has several qualified members, but Ted Cruz, really?
Old 03-25-2015, 12:49 PM
n/a

Every loyal Republican should appeal to Cruz to stop before he does more damage to the GOP. If he continues with this silly bid for president, I must believe he is a hard left liberal in disguise.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:52 PM
n/a

Vote for Trump and The Chump!!
Old 03-25-2015, 01:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
I hope you are not inferring that anybody is suggesting doing away anybody's health care. The realistic result is 19 million will continue health care. It will just be provided differently.
Of course this does not suit the purpose of trying to make it sound like he is pulling the rug on 19 million people....does it?

This is the first time I've heard that republicans have a replacement plan for Obamacare. Can you expand on how this health care will be differently provided?
Old 03-25-2015, 01:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Did you actually read the article that you linked? Halfway through it states this -

"Cruz, as an employee of the government, will use the exchange to choose his employer-provided insurance. Iowa U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley pushed through an amendment on the Affordable Care Act that requires members of Congress to obtain their coverage via the exchanges. Congress pays most of the premium. But Cruz won't be getting any extra benefit under the Affordable Care Act that a member of Congress wouldn't have gotten before the ACA became law."

Doesn't sound to me like he has a choice, unless I am reading it wrong??
It is NOT factually correct that he (or any other member of Congress / Staff are "required" to purchase health insurance through the ACA. They can purchase it anywhere or through any source they so choose. However if they do not use the ACA exchange, they forfeit the government's contribution to premium cost.

"The Affordable Care Act does not compel members of Congress to enroll in DC’s health care exchange; it simply cuts off the government contribution to their insurance plans if they buy their policies elsewhere. “The final rule extends a Government contribution towards health benefits plans for Members of Congress and designated congressional staff so long as the health benefits plans are purchased via the appropriate SHOP as determined by the Director,” a summary of the final rule says. “Nothing in the final rule or the law prevents a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff from declining a Government contribution for him or herself by choosing a different option for their health insurance coverage.”

In other words, Cruz “could purchase coverage in the outside market but would get no subsidy from the FEHBP program,” Tim Jost clarified for ThinkProgress, referring to the acronym for the federal health care program. “It seems like the primary other option he would have is to take advantage of COBRA through his wife, though he’d be forgoing the employer contribution. He could also buy non-group coverage,” Larry Levitt, Senior Vice President at the Kaiser Family Foundation, said. Cruz could also potentially purchased insurance through his presidential campaign’s presumptive health care insurance. In those instances, however, he would have had to give up his employer’s contribution and likely pay more for insurance than he is now being charged under Obamacare."

Source for above quote:

Old 03-25-2015, 02:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is the first time I've heard that republicans have a replacement plan for Obamacare. Can you expand on how this health care will be differently provided?
That is not what I said
Old 03-25-2015, 02:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That is not what I said

Again, here is what you said. Please explain "The realistic result is 19 million will continue health care. It will just be provided differently".
Old 03-25-2015, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Every loyal Republican should appeal to Cruz to stop before he does more damage to the GOP. If he continues with this silly bid for president, I must believe he is a hard left liberal in disguise.

And every loyal democrat should vote for Cruz in the primary. Just hope that he can hold on until he gets to Florida, and dems could put him over the top and on his way to being the nominee.

Be advised that FL has a closed primary, but it is very easy to switch parties for this one event. Print out a form on-line, sign it, and mail it in. Easy.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Goodness... simply type what you're looking for in your browser's window in plain english. It could NOT be easier to obtain information. How lazy can one get!

House GOP unveils replacement plan, if ObamaCare goes down | TheHill
Old 03-25-2015, 05:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Goodness... simply type what you're looking for in your browser's window in plain english. It could NOT be easier to obtain information. How lazy can one get!

House GOP unveils replacement plan, if ObamaCare goes down | TheHill
This plan only outlines a replacement if the Supreme Court strikes down the subsidies in certain states. What Ted Cruz said in his speech was he would repeal the entire law page by page. Where is the replacement bill for the entire ACA.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.