TIME 2016 Person of the Year

Old 12-09-2016, 06:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Curious. What kind of insurance is this?
Private Insurance. The only thing that medicare pays for is hospitalization. If you want more than that, then you have to pay additional for it. And that additional is beyond what you paid all your working life. If I am going to pay for insurance, I want good coverage, not supplemental insurance that should have been covered by what you paid for during your working career. SO, I pay for private insurance and get full coverage. Yes, because of Obamacare, my insurance cost has risen more during this administration than any previous administrations combined. But, those that support Obamacare are in denial and will adamantly disagree.....with NO facts to support them.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Private Insurance. The only thing that medicare pays for is hospitalization. If you want more than that, then you have to pay additional for it. And that additional is beyond what you paid all your working life. If I am going to pay for insurance, I want good coverage, not supplemental insurance that should have been covered by what you paid for during your working career. SO, I pay for private insurance and get full coverage. Yes, because of Obamacare, my insurance cost has risen more during this administration than any previous administrations combined. But, those that support Obamacare are in denial and will adamantly disagree.....with NO facts to support them.
There is NO WAY to add 50+ million people who don't pay anything AND have the cost go down. That's how many receive food stamps and they WON'T be paying premiums.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
n/a

Quote:

Medicare Part B is just a little over $100 per month, hardly beyond what you paid for all your working life, and pays for just about everything including doctor's visits, chemo, Pet scans and every other scan, radiation, X-rays, etc.

Medicare Advantage Plans pay the same as regular Medicare in addition to dental, eye care, gym membership, and prescriptions, and some of them reimburse your $100 per month fee.

As soon as the ACA is repealed next month, we will all be back to having to pay for diagnostic tests (currently free under Obamacare) and we will all be back to having the doughnut hole (which is part of Medicare Part D). And women will once again be charged more for insurance.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
MD, I dont get it. Your bio says that you are a Vietnam vet, which should put into the Medicare age group. All you would need then is a good supplemental plan like BCBS plan F and a decent part D and you're good to go. The coverage is excellent and should be a fraction if the cost for comparable coverage. Even if you're not 65, you are close. So hang in there, hopefully you'll have the oportunuty.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2016, 12:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
MD, I dont get it. Your bio says that you are a Vietnam vet, which should put into the Medicare age group. All you would need then is a good supplemental plan like BCBS plan F and a decent part D and you're good to go. The coverage is excellent and should be a fraction if the cost for comparable coverage. Even if you're not 65, you are close. So hang in there, hopefully you'll have the oportunuty.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
You pay for medicare all your career and get what? Told that if you wish anything more than hospitalization, you must pay another $105 per month, per person (most are married,right?). You are better off being a no-load welfare recipient because Medicaid gives you more medical coverage for NOTHING.

I pay full coverage private insurance so that I can have the medical coverage that my spouse needs, and if I ever need it I will also.

How much do you think the average person pays into Medicare in their lifetime? Why should I trust the gov to manage any service? And please don't talk about the VA because that is another whole can of worms.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Medicare Part B is just a little over $100 per month, hardly beyond what you paid for all your working life, and pays for just about everything including doctor's visits, chemo, Pet scans and every other scan, radiation, X-rays, etc.

Medicare Advantage Plans pay the same as regular Medicare in addition to dental, eye care, gym membership, and prescriptions, and some of them reimburse your $100 per month fee.

As soon as the ACA is repealed next month, we will all be back to having to pay for diagnostic tests (currently free under Obamacare) and we will all be back to having the doughnut hole (which is part of Medicare Part D). And women will once again be charged more for insurance.
Why not? They use it more than men do. We charge different rates for different drivers...why not medical insurance? You think "we" should all have to subsidize you? If you cost more...you should pay more.

Quote:
You pay for medicare all your career and get what? Told that if you wish anything more than hospitalization, you must pay another $105 per month, per person (most are married,right?). You are better off being a no-load welfare recipient because Medicaid gives you more medical coverage for NOTHING.

I pay full coverage private insurance so that I can have the medical coverage that my spouse needs, and if I ever need it I will also.

How much do you think the average person pays into Medicare in their lifetime? Why should I trust the gov to manage any service? And please don't talk about the VA because that is another whole can of worms.
MORE than they pay in...a lot of people spend over a $ million in the last year of life. Your premiums weren't that much.

You shouldn't trust them...they don't have your best interests in mind. Neither do private insurers. Nor anyone in the medical field...they want repeat customers, they don't want the cured.

VA...care by the lowest bidder. Well...actually, you find that most everywhere now.

Lowered standards is what is doing us in...and the standards are being lowered so we can "qualify" women and minorities...don't you feel great about that?
Old 12-10-2016, 10:36 AM
n/a

Quote:

The only reason you can purchase private insurance with a spouse with a pre-existing condition is because of Obamacare. Trump voters seem to forget the good old days prior to 2010 when insurance companies could drop you at the drop of the hat for getting sick.

Just like they forget what fun it was to deal with the doughnut hole when buying prescription drugs, and how seniors had to pay for all those wellness tests, which are now free under Obamacare.

When the ACA is repealed in like six weeks, how long do you think it will be before those cancellation notices start arriving in the mail?
Old 12-10-2016, 05:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
The only reason you can purchase private insurance with a spouse with a pre-existing condition is because of Obamacare. Trump voters seem to forget the good old days prior to 2010 when insurance companies could drop you at the drop of the hat for getting sick.

Just like they forget what fun it was to deal with the doughnut hole when buying prescription drugs, and how seniors had to pay for all those wellness tests, which are now free under Obamacare.

When the ACA is repealed in like six weeks, how long do you think it will be before those cancellation notices start arriving in the mail?
We didn't need two thousand pages of regulation and almost a trillion stolen from Medicare to make it possible for pre-existing conditions. And how many 26 year olds need to be on their parents' health insurance? The whole thing was pushed through without regard to any debate or adjusting it. It is a mess. Practically the only change they made was to take off the wording on the death panels. Although, they still have panels that decide whether or not you get a provided service.

No one is stupid enough to believe that Obamacare is a good deal.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
We didn't need two thousand pages of regulation and almost a trillion stolen from Medicare to make it possible for pre-existing conditions. And how many 26 year olds need to be on their parents' health insurance? The whole thing was pushed through without regard to any debate or adjusting it. It is a mess. Practically the only change they made was to take off the wording on the death panels. Although, they still have panels that decide whether or not you get a provided service.

No one is stupid enough to believe that Obamacare is a good deal.

Finally someone comes forward to support insurance companies being able to kick you off your policy because you got sick and not selling insurance to anyone with a pre-existing condition.

Let's ask the 22 million enrollees if they think Obamacare is a good deal.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:47 PM
n/a

Jan Jan jan... don't cry. Be strong.

The Villages Florida

Tags
move, person, starting, time, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.