Louis Swartz lawsuit closing the life long learning center

Old 12-02-2016, 09:33 AM
n/a

Default Louis Swartz lawsuit closing the life long learning center

Can you believe this guy and a law suit caused the life long learning center to close! This is rediculous. He has a fancy house on a golf course and sues the learning center because he is hearing impaired. My husband is too and this community offers all kinds of privileges that he has now prevented us from enjoying. I have a great idea! MOVE
Old 12-02-2016, 09:39 AM
n/a

Why is this in political?
Old 12-02-2016, 09:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Can you believe this guy and a law suit caused the life long learning center to close! This is rediculous. He has a fancy house on a golf course and sues the learning center because he is hearing impaired. My husband is too and this community offers all kinds of privileges that he has now prevented us from enjoying. I have a great idea! MOVE
What is the sense of entitlement that would cause a person to sue the LLLC in such a manner? Why can't the guy simply get a better hearing aid?

I love the LLLC and have taken courses there. If they close, we ALL lose.

Who is this guy anyway?? I am so disappointed to hear this.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
n/a

In the days of old...an angry mob would show up at his house and "correct" his behavior...problem solved.

We're "civilized" now, so EVERYONE suffers while he goes about doing what he does, making people miserable.

There's something to be said about the old ways.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
What is the sense of entitlement that would cause a person to sue the LLLC in such a manner? Why can't the guy simply get a better hearing aid?

I love the LLLC and have taken courses there. If they close, we ALL lose.

Who is this guy anyway?? I am so disappointed to hear this.
I believe he is completely deaf and was involved in these kinds of activities in his lifetime job. To me it feels like someone throwing their weight around and bringing more harm than good. That is MY opinion.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Cohorts: Plaintiffs are Louis Schwarz, Doris Schwarz, Janice Hickey, Thomas Hickey, Bernie Brown, Elizabeth Holst, Stephen Holst, Joanna Langlais, Francis Langlais, Robert Smart, Richard McElwain, Byron Zimmerman, Shirley Zimmerman, John Wilson, Charles Martin, Randall Walker, Evelyn Walker, Maureen Osgood, Carole Paul, Mary Kay Pickering, Andrew St. John, Karen Russell, Clarence Russell, Richard Woods, Linda Woods, Robert McDevitt, Lynn Stirling, Kathleen McElwain, Herbert Pickering, Barbara Achin, Ronald Achin, Diane St. John, Kenny Hynes, and Mary Wilson. See Third Amended Complaint at 1-2 (Doc. 93).

They should be real proud.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 AM
n/a

How is this such a surprise to so many?

Of all the issues that are in TV, good or bad or just informative, how did this one sneak under the radar of knowledgeable residents and management? (if it did that is).

How did this major element of TV life style process toward demise with no clamor along the way to closure?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
How is this such a surprise to so many?

Of all the issues that are in TV, good or bad or just informative, how did this one sneak under the radar of knowledgeable residents and management? (if it did that is).

How did this major element of TV life style process toward demise with no clamor along the way to closure?
Good question. I was totally and completely surprised by this decision. I think essentially all Villages residents were.

The LLLC is ... uh, make that "was," a net positive to The Villages. While it was not a major factor in our decision to move here, it was certainly a factor and in the "plus" column.

The loss of the LLLC thus has an impact on all of us ... not only just in the amenity sense but, to an extent, financial in terms of loss of desirability and thus market value.

I think both the VHA and POA need to address this issue and quickly. Foremost should be ... what has to happen to get the LLLC back?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 AM
n/a

There are always those that are such miserable scumbags that they wish everyone else to share in their misery, whether deserved or not. Usually not.

I do not know the details of this case, but I do have a question. How can one manage to get a private institution closed based on their inability to participate, if that institution is not receiving government subsidies?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:51 AM
n/a

It's easy to hide behind 124000 people. I do hope there is another side of this story - like compromise can be reached. Be interesting to hear from the complainers what their lawyers told them. These cases have a way of ending with the legal team saying I had no way of knowing that would be the outcome. To the legal team - scumbags.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:02 PM
n/a

Make it free...a "club"...I always thought a lot of the "classes" were pretty weak...more a money making opportunity than anything. I think a lot of people would still teach if there was an interest.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good question. I was totally and completely surprised by this decision. I think essentially all Villages residents were.

The LLLC is ... uh, make that "was," a net positive to The Villages. While it was not a major factor in our decision to move here, it was certainly a factor and in the "plus" column.

The loss of the LLLC thus has an impact on all of us ... not only just in the amenity sense but, to an extent, financial in terms of loss of desirability and thus market value.

I think both the VHA and POA need to address this issue and quickly. Foremost should be ... what has to happen to get the LLLC back?
And their reaction should include how they BOTH provided no information/status of such litigation that had the potential to affect the lifestyle of the residents.

There just has to be more to the story than just the legal public statements.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:53 PM
n/a

Good idea that the VHA or the POA represent the "lifestyle". Let's see which one has the guts to do more than write the monthly newsletter.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:18 PM
n/a

No one should be surprised about this. This is the normal outcome of liberal/progressive policies and governance.

Make no mistake, 100,000 white people living a good retirement in an anathema to social justice warriors.

You can be sure this is just the opening salvo to destroying the Villages lifestyle.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
The is just another case of " Tyranny by a Minority " . Such actions have become the " rule " during the 8 year reign of mr. Obama and his minions .
This is why the issue / action should be considered political .

Tags
learning, center, long, life, kinds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.