TIME 2016 Person of the Year

Old 12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
n/a

Default TIME 2016 Person of the Year

TIME 2016 person of the year: DONALD TRUMP

Shows you that the left is starting to move on.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

Hitler was Time Man of the Year.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:46 AM
n/a

Barry Diller has it nailed:

One of the changes the United States will see is that Trump "is a better negotiator than someone who has trained in government," Diller said.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:54 AM
n/a

Quote:

Is this really a surprise to anyone? How could he not be?

The Time Man of the Year award is the person who most affected the events of the year, for better or for worse.

Whether Trump has affected the events for better or worse may be a matter of opinion, but I don't think that there is any doubt that he has had the most affect on world events.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Barry Diller has it nailed:

One of the changes the United States will see is that Trump "is a better negotiator than someone who has trained in government," Diller said.
Actually I agree with much of what Barry said in that interview, but you sort of picked just a piece of that comment up....the full quote...

"One of the changes the United States will see is that Trump "is a better negotiator than someone who has trained in government," Diller said. He added that he's hopeful that Trump will actually be "really good across the table" and not "manhandle people" or "do one-off things that just sound good."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/trump...ry-diller.html

I actually have been saying, very poorly, by the way that I also think he can do good, but he is showng no signs of America First...it is still Trump first with all the misleading and false statements (either by commission or ommission)

In October Barry had this to say....

"The idea that clown, bad clown, could actually be president of the United States, it just insults all of us," the chairman of IAC/InterActive and Expedia, Inc. said.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:19 AM
n/a

And Romney said what back then VS now.

When they thought they could have an influence on the results they said one thing.

When what they said mattered for themselves hhhhhmmmnnn....how different the story became.

Politics = positioning = acting = lying = blame somebody else.

No accountability.

No credibility = politicians
Old 12-07-2016, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:

When they thought they could have an influence on the results they said one thing.

When what they said mattered for themselves hhhhhmmmnnn....how different the story became.

No accountability.

My only point is that for someone who goes after the media for LYING and such, you did quite a job in TOTALLY MISQUOTING what Barry Dillar said simply to fit it into YOUR POST.

Not sure I understand the difference between the lying media and the lying poster !!!!!
Old 12-07-2016, 10:25 AM
n/a

Quote:

No accountability.

Exactly why the people that voted for Trump voted for him. We are tired of professional, career politicians.

This country was intended to have a citizen government "for, by and of the people." It stopped being for the people when it stopped being by and of the people.

We need to get rid of the career politicians. We need term limits for congress.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post

2008 and 2012: Did you move on?

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2016, 11:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
My only point is that for someone who goes after the media for LYING and such, you did quite a job in TOTALLY MISQUOTING what Barry Dillar said simply to fit it into YOUR POST.

Not sure I understand the difference between the lying media and the lying poster !!!!!
Simply because we have differing perspective. However I have the edge as I knew/know my intent.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
2008 and 2012: Did you move on?

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yes we did and thank GOD it is almost over

Countdown Timer - Countdown to Jan 20, 2017 in Washington DC, District of Columbia
Old 12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Simply because we have differing perspective. However I have the edge as I knew/know my intent.
Differing perspective ?

Not sure how a different perspective allows you to "misquote" someone (by omitting most if the quote or allowing context)and then to really attack the media for misleading.

Your intent was to mislead...simple as that.

How does misleading equal anything to do wit perspective.

Lying is lying, whether you or the media.

And I will be glad to give you the "edge" whatever that means.

And your "intent" was clear, but does not excuse a lie.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Differing perspective ?

Not sure how a different perspective allows you to "misquote" someone (by omitting most if the quote or allowing context)and then to really attack the media for misleading.

Your intent was to mislead...simple as that.

How does misleading equal anything to do wit perspective.

Lying is lying, whether you or the media.

And I will be glad to give you the "edge" whatever that means.

And your "intent" was clear, but does not excuse a lie.
Difference of opinion and interpretation.

To each his own....enjoys yours without restating mine to your interpretation.

Enough of this merry go round.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:13 AM
n/a

Trump totally surprises the masses. No matter what adversity stands in the way, it seems that he just knuckle downs and digs in; and he wins. He has got to be the hardest working elected in history, at least in my lifetime. I just hope that he can continue with this pace without burning out. He works rings around people of younger age.

Before the left continues with the disparaging, I would suggest that they set back and think about what they are going to say next. Trump loves a challenge. Obama humiliated him in public at that dinner, and I doubt that Trump has forgotten it. No one deserves to be humiliated like that, especially from one that is supposed to be a leader of ALL THE PEOPLE. Obama was wrong then and he was wrong on late night TV where he joked about Trump never becoming president. Trump does not need this job and is proving it by not taking a salary. Regardless of what he says, he has proven to be the better person than many politicians, and he has not even been sworn in yet.

Do not ever tell Trump that he can't do something, or he will prove you wrong.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Trump totally surprises the masses. No matter what adversity stands in the way, it seems that he just knuckle downs and digs in; and he wins. He has got to be the hardest working elected in history, at least in my lifetime. I just hope that he can continue with this pace without burning out. He works rings around people of younger age.

Before the left continues with the disparaging, I would suggest that they set back and think about what they are going to say next. Trump loves a challenge. Obama humiliated him in public at that dinner, and I doubt that Trump has forgotten it. No one deserves to be humiliated like that, especially from one that is supposed to be a leader of ALL THE PEOPLE. Obama was wrong then and he was wrong on late night TV where he joked about Trump never becoming president. Trump does not need this job and is proving it by not taking a salary. Regardless of what he says, he has proven to be the better person than many politicians, and he has not even been sworn in yet.

Do not ever tell Trump that he can't do something, or he will prove you wrong.

Humiliation is a two-way street, for instance when Trump questioned the president's birthplace for five years and finally after five years says oh never mind, "the president was born in the US period".

Now Trump says he loves Barack Obama. Why? Because Obama is taking his calls and trying to influence his thinking on so many levels.

Tags
move, person, starting, time, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.