Too many cuts in military spending!!!!

Old 12-09-2017, 08:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The problem is not about military spending. The problem is those in charge of making the decisions on these contracts. They go out and sign a huge defense contract. Then half way thru the building of a jet or ship they issue new updates of what they want done. This was the cause of the over budget USS Gerald Ford, the aircraft carrier. That cost twice as much and took twice as long. That is where the problem is.
In my former life I was involved in a number of rebuild projects in paper industry. You are correct, these change orders from the original contract is where contractors make their money. In the private sector you would not be employed long with cost overruns seen in military. Where in the public sector it is tax payer money, no big deal. IMO
Old 12-09-2017, 10:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
In my former life I was involved in a number of rebuild projects in paper industry. You are correct, these change orders from the original contract is where contractors make their money. In the private sector you would not be employed long with cost overruns seen in military. Where in the public sector it is tax payer money, no big deal. IMO
You got that right. Currently, they are re-configuring the boats under construction to accommodate women.

Trust me, no good will come by allowing women to serve aboard submarines, or special forces for that matter.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:44 AM
n/a

for too long our wars have been dictated by politicians and politicians decide by poll numbers.

Decisions such as where bases, troops should be located should be left to military leaders.

Congress controls the purse strings. Corruptions abounds with military suppliers. a truly independent body should have oversight in such spending to separate legitimate needs for change as opposed to built in economic opportunities.

We will always have a need to be the biggest and the best in military readiness because whether we like it or not we are the main go to guys when tyrants strike"
"My country tis of thee sweet land of liberty...

Personal Best Regards
Old 12-10-2017, 06:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
When we were in Russia in the mid 80's the biggest complaint of the military was they needed 4 tanks to be able to have one that runs.

Now fast forward. After 8 years of military spending cut backs and emasculation we are now in that same boat.

The number one super power on the planet cannibalizing war machines to get one to work.

For those who think the increased spending in the military is not needed:

US Air Force bombers needed to send message to North Korea come up short | Fox News

(Don't let the source of Fox news in the link title distract you....get to the message which is what the thread is about!!)

Military (Air Force and I sure all branches) has been cannibalizes parts to keep equipment serviceable for at least 60 years. One of my division commanders had slogan "do more with less". (This has been the mentality since the 80s.

I could not build one jet engine without cannibalizes parts from another, IMO it was its absolute worse under Jimmy carter after the Vietnam war, even had to remove engines from one aircraft to get another off the ground due to no spare parts in the pipe line or even consumable 3 cent parts (o-rings or gaskets) IMO his total lack of funding the military reason his military missions in Iran was total failure.

It's not your military men in the field, it management and career carpetbagger's we keep electing and the neptunium hiring and promotion practices that gets us where we are today. I don't have good feeling about the slippery slope we seem to not be able to get grip on.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
You got that right. Currently, they are re-configuring the boats under construction to accommodate women.

Trust me, no good will come by allowing women to serve aboard submarines, or special forces for that matter.
No it won't...no good HAS come from forcing women into the military period. No GOOD has come from forcing women into a LOT of things.

Quote:
for too long our wars have been dictated by politicians and politicians decide by poll numbers.

Decisions such as where bases, troops should be located should be left to military leaders.

Congress controls the purse strings. Corruptions abounds with military suppliers. a truly independent body should have oversight in such spending to separate legitimate needs for change as opposed to built in economic opportunities.

We will always have a need to be the biggest and the best in military readiness because whether we like it or not we are the main go to guys when tyrants strike"
"My country tis of thee sweet land of liberty...

Personal Best Regards
Maybe a LONG time ago we had liberty...now if you're a white man...you are the VICTIM of institutional discrimination.

Quote:
Military (Air Force and I sure all branches) has been cannibalizes parts to keep equipment serviceable for at least 60 years. One of my division commanders had slogan "do more with less". (This has been the mentality since the 80s.

I could not build one jet engine without cannibalizes parts from another, IMO it was its absolute worse under Jimmy carter after the Vietnam war, even had to remove engines from one aircraft to get another off the ground due to no spare parts in the pipe line or even consumable 3 cent parts (o-rings or gaskets) IMO his total lack of funding the military reason his military missions in Iran was total failure.

It's not your military men in the field, it management and career carpetbagger's we keep electing and the neptunium hiring and promotion practices that gets us where we are today. I don't have good feeling about the slippery slope we seem to not be able to get grip on.
The slippery slope we ARE sliding down is CAUSED by changing demographics. America's people are changing...so America is changing...becoming Mexico II.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Our military continues to be decimated because it has been taken over by politicians. cuts in spending by Obama, his social lab experiment and now lowering tolerance of marijuana use has this nation has led to morale problems. Many good men left. many good men refuse to enter. Paying for a volunteer military will bankrupt us. Look for the the day that our military is unionized

I pray we do not have to go to war because we will lose

Bring back conscription because too many people have no skin in the game and that leads to apathy

Personal Best Regards:

Is The Draft a Type 1 or Type 2 law?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Our military continues to be decimated because it has been taken over by politicians. cuts in spending by Obama, his social lab experiment and now lowering tolerance of marijuana use has this nation has led to morale problems. Many good men left. many good men refuse to enter. Paying for a volunteer military will bankrupt us. Look for the the day that our military is unionized

I pray we do not have to go to war because we will lose

Bring back conscription because too many people have no skin in the game and that leads to apathy

Personal Best Regards:
Quote:

Is The Draft a Type 1 or Type 2 law?

END the empire! You eliminate the need.

Tags
needed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.