Town Hall Meeting in Sumter

Old 02-25-2017, 04:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
If only 23% are smoking cigarettes that means 74% are not. So we should punish all of them for the minority bad apples.
Not splitting hairs, but it was 26% and I am saying some additional are not being counted (possibly they feel smokers are ostracized). 90% of all the temporary labor I have hired (hundreds of people across the country at numerous construction sites) smoke cigarettes. In fact 50% of them ask for an hours pay just prior to lunch, and they come back with a pack of cigarettes. They all have Obamma phones (plural) and they would all rather be back to the labor office prior to closing to get that days money. Very few of them can work 3 days in a row, they all have problems, and it is seldom their own fault.

With regard to your statement of punishing the majority of people below the poverty level, because of the minority that is below the poverty level can be wasteful or scamming...could we agree that has been the case with regard to those above the poverty level having to support those below the poverty level all these years?

Welfare is a trap that acquires more people every year, we are not helping them we are holding them back. Work or starve...that was my options.

Again you did not answer the question posed to you, what do you call a person who cannot afford to feed or clothe themselves and receives welfare, but can afford to smoke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2017, 04:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Not splitting hairs, but it was 26% and I am saying some additional are not being counted (possibly they feel smokers are ostracized). 90% of all the temporary labor I have hired (hundreds of people across the country at numerous construction sites) smoke cigarettes. In fact 50% of them ask for an hours pay just prior to lunch, and they come back with a pack of cigarettes. They all have Obamma phones (plural) and they would all rather be back to the labor office prior to closing to get that days money. Very few of them can work 3 days in a row, they all have problems, and it is seldom their own fault.
There is no such thing, in spite of what anyone says...of 'Obama phones.'

That program was started under Reagan.

FCC chief: Reagan could be proud of 'Obamaphone' program | TheHill
Quote:

"Here’s the truth. The Lifeline program long predates the current administration," Clyburn said in the speech at the New America Foundation. "It was actually created during the Reagan administration, so let's give credit where credit is due. The Lifeline program is a legacy President Reagan could be proud of."

Congress first enacted the Lifeline program in 1985, and the FCC expanded the program to cover cellphone service in 2005 during the George W. Bush administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
With regard to your statement of punishing the majority of people below the poverty level, because of the minority that is below the poverty level can be wasteful or scamming...could we agree that has been the case with regard to those above the poverty level having to support those below the poverty level all these years?

Welfare is a trap that acquires more people every year, we are not helping them we are holding them back. Work or starve...that was my options.

Again you did not answer the question posed to you, what do you call a person who cannot afford to feed or clothe themselves and receives welfare, but can afford to smoke?
Do you even know that a large % of those getting help because they are under the poverty line...are the working poor?

And billion dollar corporations who underpay their workers...are the prime beneficiaries.

75% of Working Poor on Welfare - The Daily Beast

Quote:

75% of Working Poor on Welfare

The study found that state and federal governments spend more than $150 billion a year on four antipoverty programs used by working families, including Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, food stamps, and the earned-income tax credit, which is directed at working families.

Researchers conclude that taxpayers are not only providing support to the poor, but essentially a subsidy for employers of low-wage workers like McDonald’s and Wal-Mart.
So tell everyone why you think it is OK to subsidize these corporations who don't need it...while you rail against the working poor?

Skin color perhaps?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 02-25-2017, 06:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by (unt View Post
There is no such thing, in spite of what anyone says...of 'Obama phones.'

That program was started under Reagan.

FCC chief: Reagan could be proud of 'Obamaphone' program | TheHill

Do you even know that a large % of those getting help because they are under the poverty line...are the working poor?

And billion dollar corporations who underpay their workers...are the prime beneficiaries.

75% of Working Poor on Welfare - The Daily Beast

So tell everyone why you think it is OK to subsidize these corporations who don't need it...while you rail against the working poor?

Skin color perhaps?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
They are nicknamed Obamma phones...I did not invent the term and would assume Obamma gave out more than Reagan. Maybe you got a link to denounce that...

Well I must be one of the bad guys causing the working poor...I often hire temporary labor (railing those poor people). I guess I could only use my guys - so I am not contributing to the working poor statistics. All though my guy's wives might have a problem with them being out of town longer. Fvck them all, I will do all the work myself and give all the money I make to some lazy people that would rather watch reality TV than work to feed themselves!

If I was working for a billion dollar company that was under paying me; I would get a different job. If there are no other jobs, than I guess the billion dollar company is not under paying me...

There you go again with another racist comment. Now you are inferring that only people of color are the working poor...

Old 02-25-2017, 06:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bag
They are nicknamed Obamma phones...I did not invent the term and would assume Obamma gave out more than Reagan. Maybe you got a link to denounce that...

Well I must be one of the bad guys causing the working poor...I often hire temporary labor (railing those poor people). I guess I could only use my guys - so I am not contributing to the working poor statistics. All though my guy's wives might have a problem with them being out of town longer. Fvck them all, I will do all the work myself and give all the money I make to some lazy people that would rather watch reality TV than work to feed themselves!

If I was working for a billion dollar company that was under paying me; I would get a different job. If there are no other jobs, than I guess the billion dollar company is not under paying me...

There you go again with another racist comment. Now you are inferring that only people of color are the working poor...
Your long winded apology is noted...and accepted.

Thanks.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 02-25-2017, 06:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

I'm not playing your little game anymore.....
Old 02-26-2017, 12:11 AM
n/a

Default Town Hall Meeting in Sumter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
Went to the Town Hall meeting in Sumter County this morning. More Democrats than Republicans in attendance with a lot more sings. Pussy hats were worn...I don't own one of those. One really angry woman screamed at me that I was paid to attend.....nope I said I live in Calument Grove. She went on but....

The Congressmen did come out and started out with a very long prayer. After which he just talked about things his office can do. He took no questions. But he did shake hands with both sides including me.

Then it was off to the Callaway demo!!!

He started with a prayer to the invisible man in the sky ? More delusional thinking from the right.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
He started with a prayer to the invisible man in the sky ? More delusional thinking from the right.
BOTH sides are delusional...one side thinks that an invisible man in space runs everything...the other side wants women and minorities running everything.

BOTH lead you down the primrose path...
Old 02-26-2017, 09:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm not playing your little game anymore.....
Awww, I assume you do not like the direction the discussion was going and you have nothing to counter my points, so sad...adios!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Awww, I assume you do not like the direction the discussion was going and you have nothing to counter my points, so sad...adios!
I'll answer you Dirt... You call them a f@ck!ng leech.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
I have answered your questions about welfare in several posts.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
How do you know that believers are "delusional?" Do you have proof that there is NO divinity? No reason for you to disparage the majority, just because you in the minority do not believe. Maybe believers think you are deficient in your thinking. Maybe believers think you are going to hell and therefore a loser. Just commenting, not saying whether I think that way or not. Does it make you feel superior if you can tell believers that they are wrong, when the fact is that you can't prove they are wrong? Or, maybe you do it to hurt those folks that believe. Maybe it makes you feel good to strike out at others in your misery.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by COpuff
I have answered your questions about welfare in several posts.
Oh come on, don't insult our intelligence!

Just so we are both on the same page - something that ends with "?" is a question. An answer would directly address the sentence with the "?"...

There are a few unanswered questions ("?"), but I have asked a couple of times; What do you call a person that can not feed or clothe themselves and receives welfare, but can afford to smoke?

Just go ahead and answer it honestly, just like Don did...

Welfare is not helping, it is enabling...
Old 02-26-2017, 06:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Oh come on, don't insult our intelligence!

Just so we are both on the same page - something that ends with "?" is a question. An answer would directly address the sentence with the "?"...

There are a few unanswered questions ("?"), but I have asked a couple of times; What do you call a person that can not feed or clothe themselves and receives welfare, but can afford to smoke?

Just go ahead and answer it honestly, just like Don did...

Welfare is not helping, it is enabling...
I would call them "STUPID" because, especially given todays prices of cigs!

Now I hope this will put and end to things.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
How do you know that believers are "delusional?" Do you have proof that there is NO divinity? No reason for you to disparage the majority, just because you in the minority do not believe. Maybe believers think you are deficient in your thinking. Maybe believers think you are going to hell and therefore a loser. Just commenting, not saying whether I think that way or not. Does it make you feel superior if you can tell believers that they are wrong, when the fact is that you can't prove they are wrong? Or, maybe you do it to hurt those folks that believe. Maybe it makes you feel good to strike out at others in your misery.
Nasty post...why are you so angry? The poster has no proof that there is no divinity but on the other hand you cannot prove that there is!

I only comment because the United States has a constitutional separation of church and state. Therefore the Congressman should not have opened with a prayer.

And he should have listened the people gathered there...... but he didn't.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Nasty post...why are you so angry? The poster has no proof that there is no divinity but on the other hand you cannot prove that there is!

I only comment because the United States has a constitutional separation of church and state. Therefore the Congressman should not have opened with a prayer.

And he should have listened the people gathered there...... but he didn't.
I don't believe in god and it does not offend me when those that do want to pray...get a life, who cares it is only words!

Tags
meeting, sumter, town, hall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.