Town Hall Meeting in Sumter

Town Hall Meeting in Sumter

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-26-2017, 04:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
He started with a prayer to the invisible man in the sky ? More delusional thinking from the right.
How do you know that believers are "delusional?" Do you have proof that there is NO divinity? No reason for you to disparage the majority, just because you in the minority do not believe. Maybe believers think you are deficient in your thinking. Maybe believers think you are going to hell and therefore a loser. Just commenting, not saying whether I think that way or not. Does it make you feel superior if you can tell believers that they are wrong, when the fact is that you can't prove they are wrong? Or, maybe you do it to hurt those folks that believe. Maybe it makes you feel good to strike out at others in your misery.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by COpuff
I have answered your questions about welfare in several posts.
Oh come on, don't insult our intelligence!

Just so we are both on the same page - something that ends with "?" is a question. An answer would directly address the sentence with the "?"...

There are a few unanswered questions ("?"), but I have asked a couple of times; What do you call a person that can not feed or clothe themselves and receives welfare, but can afford to smoke?

Just go ahead and answer it honestly, just like Don did...

Welfare is not helping, it is enabling...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2017, 06:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Oh come on, don't insult our intelligence!

Just so we are both on the same page - something that ends with "?" is a question. An answer would directly address the sentence with the "?"...

There are a few unanswered questions ("?"), but I have asked a couple of times; What do you call a person that can not feed or clothe themselves and receives welfare, but can afford to smoke?

Just go ahead and answer it honestly, just like Don did...

Welfare is not helping, it is enabling...
I would call them "STUPID" because, especially given todays prices of cigs!

Now I hope this will put and end to things.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
How do you know that believers are "delusional?" Do you have proof that there is NO divinity? No reason for you to disparage the majority, just because you in the minority do not believe. Maybe believers think you are deficient in your thinking. Maybe believers think you are going to hell and therefore a loser. Just commenting, not saying whether I think that way or not. Does it make you feel superior if you can tell believers that they are wrong, when the fact is that you can't prove they are wrong? Or, maybe you do it to hurt those folks that believe. Maybe it makes you feel good to strike out at others in your misery.
Nasty post...why are you so angry? The poster has no proof that there is no divinity but on the other hand you cannot prove that there is!

I only comment because the United States has a constitutional separation of church and state. Therefore the Congressman should not have opened with a prayer.

And he should have listened the people gathered there...... but he didn't.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Nasty post...why are you so angry? The poster has no proof that there is no divinity but on the other hand you cannot prove that there is!

I only comment because the United States has a constitutional separation of church and state. Therefore the Congressman should not have opened with a prayer.

And he should have listened the people gathered there...... but he didn't.
I don't believe in god and it does not offend me when those that do want to pray...get a life, who cares it is only words!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
I would call them "STUPID" because, especially given todays prices of cigs!

Now I hope this will put and end to things.
Tisk, Tisk...why not call them collateral damage?

They are addicted to an item that your state (all states) filed a class action lawsuit in your behalf, and the states kicked the tobacco companies a$$ (remember your state income tax credit of a few bucks?)!!

Now the rules of double jeopardy come to play, you can't sue them for the heath issues caused by smoking (even the ones they knew about). So now they can put any chemical (other than controlled substances) in the cigarettes. It is harder to quit smoking cigarettes today, than it is to quit heroin...

That my friend is your government at its finest!!!

Sorry for the side track, your right they are idiots. I would also agree with Don and classify them as leeches...and a mistake created by you liberals that want to help with other peoples money (because YOUR money is earmarked for the Jag), but you have really only enabled them and served your codependency.

"Work or starve" is the only answer to end this increasing blunder....
Old 02-26-2017, 09:59 PM
n/a

That encounter with the welfare recipient...you know I am right...you just don't want to admit you were wrong!
Old 02-26-2017, 10:46 PM
n/a

This thread amply demonstrates the depths to which this forum is continuously degrading toward.

Threads always resort to racial, religious or political, foul mouthing, name calling attempting to one up counterpoint the last bash.

Almost impossible to find a thread that does not detriorate as described above.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
This thread amply demonstrates the depths to which this forum is continuously degrading toward.

Threads always resort to racial, religious or political, foul mouthing, name calling attempting to one up counterpoint the last bash.

Almost impossible to find a thread that does not detriorate as described above.
Women...they resort to those "tactics" because they have nothing to back up their "feelings" about something. They get backed into an intellectual corner and out comes the BS. They attack the messenger...not the cause.

Tags
meeting, sumter, town, hall