Trump endorses republican health care plan....ha ha ha

Old 03-08-2017, 09:35 PM
n/a

This issue interests my greatly. I am going on Medicare on 4/1/2017 but my lovely wife stays home to care for me because I have this terrible problem where pain grabs me unexpectedly an I fall like a smoke stack. I just can't be alone. We are not gaming, cheating or goofing around here. Can you believe the plan they put out? Give me a break. Fortunately I am relatively certainly that the final coverage for my wife will be acceptable, not great but acceptable. Everything in life is a negotiation.

I really dislike Paul Ryan, I hope they find some dirt on him and bounce him out so he has the coverage he's pushing on us. There is a big difference between you'll love your coverage and this shot they shoveled out on our country.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:44 AM
n/a

AARP, a group that advocates for senior citizens and other older Americans, shares her concern. The organization sent a letter to Congress yesterday saying the proposed bill would "dramatically increase health care costs for Americans aged 50-64."

Many seniors could face a significant increase in health care premiums, since insurance companies will be allowed to charge seniors five times as much as for younger people for a comparable plan. Under the current Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurers are limited to charging three times as much. The tax credits proposed in the AHCA, which would be dispensed mainly on the basis of age and income, would be smaller for older Americans compared with under the ACA, making insurance even more expensive for them.

"Taken together, premiums for older adults could increase by as much as $3,600 for a 55-year-old earning $25,000 a year, $7,000 for a 64-year-old earning $25,000 a year and up to $8,400 for a 64-year-old earning $15,000 a year," AARP said in its letter. The group said a typical senior seeking insurance on a state exchange has an annual income under $25,000.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:08 AM
n/a

The CBO numbers for Obamacare were totally wrong TOTALLY WRONG. It is imploding and instead of saving money it is so costly, many cannot afford to buy it. Deductibles are so high you really cannot afford to use it. You have a card but no insurance.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 AM
n/a

AARP supported Obamacare. They are really an insurance broker
Old 03-09-2017, 06:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Yes, the insurance companies have done a tremendous job lining their pockects. Letting people die because they can not pay and when they do refusing medical procedures that would have saved them. People with pre-existing conditions, no coverage for you, go die and when you get sick, your cancelled. I hope you have the chance to, in some way, experiance this.
Dear Poster

You are letting your emotions control your judgment. You are allowing political rhetoric to stand in the way of clarity.

Insurance companies are one of the most government regulated in the nation. government regulators place limits on each premium dollar
( ie how much to pay claims vis a vis expenses. It is a fallacy to say a person dies because of an insurance company. if you desire to further discuss this aspect we can on another thread because it can get complicated

The repeal of ACA should be done in increments. GOP is off to a good start because they are balancing the needs of insured, insured and the medical community.

the issue of a pre-exisitng condition is indeed tricky and one in which care needs to be taken in its planning because it is a pivotal issue.

if you ran an insurance company would you want to insure someone who had a serious illness and at the premium government regulators set? Of course not you would go broke...and many insurance companies did.

So some balancing mechanism has to be in place to compensate because an insurance company reserves are based on premium income. So if a company has too many insureds with pre-existing condition they will pay out much more than they are taking in and the company will cave leaving many people without insurance.

Now let's discuss the people who didn't buy insurance until they got sick. Name another type business that would allow a loss to occur before they accepted the liability?

The removal and replace of ACA is not complicated but the politics are and that is what is going on now.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-09-2017, 06:56 AM
n/a

The entire issue boils down to a simple premise.

Do you, or don't you, believe that one of governments primary roles is to ensure the ability of its citizens...to have affordable healthcare?

All other developed nations on this rock...long ago made the decision that it is.

Most of those on the right, have made it clear that they prefer a war machine and its use, as well as trying to help the richest pay less taxes in the proven false hope that some of it will trickle down to them...over helping fellow American citizens.

That kind of selfishness and Un-American thinking...Is at the root of our problems.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Does anyone recall the GOP quoting the CBO over and over while trying to dispute Obamacare ? I do, because I was one of them, and they were fairly accurate with their non biased numbers.

Well, this comment from the WH today

""If you're looking to the CBO for accuracy, you're looking in the wrong place," White House spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters."

Not much they don't attack.....
ALL government "numbers" are suspect. They lie about just about everything.

Quote:
AARP, a group that advocates for senior citizens and other older Americans, shares her concern. The organization sent a letter to Congress yesterday saying the proposed bill would "dramatically increase health care costs for Americans aged 50-64."

Many seniors could face a significant increase in health care premiums, since insurance companies will be allowed to charge seniors five times as much as for younger people for a comparable plan. Under the current Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurers are limited to charging three times as much. The tax credits proposed in the AHCA, which would be dispensed mainly on the basis of age and income, would be smaller for older Americans compared with under the ACA, making insurance even more expensive for them.

"Taken together, premiums for older adults could increase by as much as $3,600 for a 55-year-old earning $25,000 a year, $7,000 for a 64-year-old earning $25,000 a year and up to $8,400 for a 64-year-old earning $15,000 a year," AARP said in its letter. The group said a typical senior seeking insurance on a state exchange has an annual income under $25,000.
It MUST go up...because the cost of healthcare IS going up. You can't buy a new car for the same "payment" you had for your first car in the 1960s. Because cars cost more now.

Quote:
The CBO numbers for Obamacare were totally wrong TOTALLY WRONG. It is imploding and instead of saving money it is so costly, many cannot afford to buy it. Deductibles are so high you really cannot afford to use it. You have a card but no insurance.
ALL government numbers are wrong.

If you use $1 million in your lifetime...you'd have to have paid over $1000 a month from birth to age 80...to break even. ANYONE paying less is being subsidized.

Quote:
AARP supported Obamacare. They are really an insurance broker
Or/and...they get paid by others to say what will help them. AARP is a POLITICAL organization.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
The entire issue boils down to a simple premise.

Do you, or don't you, believe that one of governments primary roles is to ensure the ability of its citizens...to have affordable healthcare?

All other developed nations on this rock...long ago made the decision that it is.

Most of those on the right, have made it clear that they prefer a war machine and its use, as well as trying to help the richest pay less taxes in the proven false hope that some of it will trickle down to them...over helping fellow American citizens.

That kind of selfishness and Un-American thinking...Is at the root of our problems.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:.
No...HALF the country being poor minorities who don't pull their weight is the ROOT of the problem.

The working half CAN'T keep supporting the nonworking half. It USED to work when the "poor" were a small percentage of the population...it DOESN'T work when HALF the population gets something from the government.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:43 AM
n/a

Does anyone remember any insurance company saying Obammacare was bad 3 years ago?

This sounds promising to me:
6 ways the new health care reform bill would affect your wallet - AOL Finance

And to emulate Rockface (you must read these paragraphs from the link I have provided, I know this is important for you to know):

What's staying

The Republican legislation leaves aspects of the Affordable Care Act intact. They include:

1. Protections for pre-existing conditions: Health insurance companies would still be prohibited from denying coverage or charging more money to a patient because the patient has pre-existing health conditions.

2. Dependent coverage for young adults: Dependents would still be allowed to stay on their parents' health insurance plan until they are 26.

What's going

The Affordable Care Act contains 21 measures designed to raise federal revenue, and the new legislation would "explicitly repeal" 14 of them, according to an analysis by the nonprofit Tax Foundation. The repealed measures that would affect the average person include:

3. The individual mandate: Individuals who fail to maintain minimum essential health insurance coverage would no longer be financially penalized.

4. The increased threshold for medical deductions: Current law allows households to deduct eligible medical expenses from their federal income taxes only if they exceed 10 percent of the household's income, up from the prior threshold of 7.5 percent. The new legislation would lower the threshold back down to 7.5 percent.

What's new

Other changes in the Republican legislation include:

5. Increased contribution limits for HSAs: The basic limit on the total amount of contributions that you can make to a health savings account (HSA) each year would be increased to the maximum annual deductible and out-of-pocket expenses allowed under a high-deductible health insurance plan. That amounts to at least $6,550 in the case of self-only coverage and $13,100 in the case of family coverage.

6. A refundable tax credit: A tax credit of $2,000 to $14,000 per year would be available to low- and middle-income households that don't receive insurance through an employer or a government program. Eligible households include individuals making up to $75,000 per year, or joint filers making up to $150,000.

Liberal nit picking whine to ensue...your up Rockface.

Tags
plan, offer, care, health, ryan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.