Trump to shelve fuel mileage rules, clean water regs

Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 PM
n/a

Default Trump to shelve fuel mileage rules, clean water regs

President Trump directed the Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday to shelve aggressive vehicle fuel economy targets that have been a foundation for battles against climate change and harmful pollution in California and across the country.

IN FEBRUARY:

President Donald Trump signed an executive order to roll back President Barack Obama’s clean water rule. That environmental regulation was issued in 2015 to give the federal government authority to limit pollution in major bodies of water, rivers, streams, and wetlands.

The executive order directs the Environmental Protection Agency’s leader Scott Pruitt to initiate the lengthy legal process of rescinding and rewriting the rule, called Waters of the United States. Thus allowing coal companies to deposit tailings from their mining process into streams and rivers that the local population use as drinking water.

Partisan Issue?.jpg
Old 03-15-2017, 05:35 PM
n/a

President MR. TRUMP Don Baldwin Myself and a few other people realize that the only thing ******* and libturds can do is FtheF up with regularity!!!
Old 03-15-2017, 05:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post
President Trump directed the Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday to shelve aggressive vehicle fuel economy targets that have been a foundation for battles against climate change and harmful pollution in California and across the country.

IN FEBRUARY:

President Donald Trump signed an executive order to roll back President Barack Obama’s clean water rule. That environmental regulation was issued in 2015 to give the federal government authority to limit pollution in major bodies of water, rivers, streams, and wetlands.

The executive order directs the Environmental Protection Agency’s leader Scott Pruitt to initiate the lengthy legal process of rescinding and rewriting the rule, called Waters of the United States. Thus allowing coal companies to deposit tailings from their mining process into streams and rivers that the local population use as drinking water.

Attachment 66798

President Obama's rules, among other things, put a puddle in your yard under the control of the EPA. How's that float your boat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-15-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

Fuel economy rules do nothing other than "save" oil and reduce oil company profits.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:19 PM
n/a

Good for Trump. I wonder how long it will take him to repair all the damage Obie did in the last 8 years. Trump's the man! Getting things done where others have only wished they were done. Libtards better back off of him before the rest of us get tired of their childish tantrums and put their rears in the dirt.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
President Obama's rules, among other things, put a puddle in your yard under the control of the EPA. How's that float your boat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Where's my lady? colgal?

Doesn't Colorado prevent most people from collecting rainwater? Can you believe that?

Collecting Rainwater Still Illegal in Much of Colorado - Lot-Lines

Quote:
Fuel economy rules do nothing other than "save" oil and reduce oil company profits.
Fuel economy rules are there because we can't pump oil out of the ground fast enough to keep up if the demand were to keep growing. It countered the addition of NEW vehicles on the road not replacing old ones taken out of service. We used to have 50 million cars on the road getting 10 MPG...then there were 100 million...if they got 10 MPG it would double the amount of oil needed...and we can't do that...so, they made them make the cars get 20 MPG and everything works. Oil companies continue to pump almost at peak, and cars got sold.

Rules are RARELY for the purpose stated.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good for Trump. I wonder how long it will take him to repair all the damage Obie did in the last 8 years. Trump's the man! Getting things done where others have only wished they were done. Libtards better back off of him before the rest of us get tired of their childish tantrums and put their rears in the dirt.
Can't you do any better than this gibberish, littleman?
Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Can't you do any better than this gibberish, littleman?
What's a matter libby, truth hurt?
Old 03-17-2017, 09:07 AM
n/a

Trump should also get rid of the safety rules overburdening our auto industry. When I was a boy the best thing that could happen was to be thrown thru the windshield in a car crash to avoid being burned alive in the wreckage. Back in the forties and fifties we didn't have those expensive government mandated regulations and you could buy a new car for $1500.
In 1950, 33,186 died in car crashes. In 2014 30,057 died. Now a car costs $30,000. Where's the savings? America without regulation will allow more Americans to have money to save for retirement without the enslavement of Social Security.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Where's my lady? colgal?

Doesn't Colorado prevent most people from collecting rainwater? Can you believe that?

Collecting Rainwater Still Illegal in Much of Colorado - Lot-Lines
COPUFF here.....

New Colorado Law Brings Rain Barrel Owners Out From Shadows | CPR

Water Rights is the West is a touchy subject! People have died over this issue.......It appears the farmers and ranchers were p***ed off about this practice.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
I hope your not a hunter or fisherman, littleman.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
What's a matter libby, truth hurt?
Truth, you or trump do not know the meaning of the word.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:04 AM
n/a

Default Actual Factual numbers rather than conjecture

Quote:
Trump should also get rid of the safety rules overburdening our auto industry. When I was a boy the best thing that could happen was to be thrown thru the windshield in a car crash to avoid being burned alive in the wreckage. Back in the forties and fifties we didn't have those expensive government mandated regulations and you could buy a new car for $1500.
In 1950, 33,186 died in car crashes. In 2014 30,057 died. Now a car costs $30,000. Where's the savings? America without regulation will allow more Americans to have money to save for retirement without the enslavement of Social Security.
Motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year (factual data from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)

1950: 33826 deaths,458.25billion miles traveled, with a US population of 152,271,417, Result: 21.794 deaths per 100,000

2015:35,092 deaths, 3,147.8 billion miles traveled with a US population of 321,370,000, Result: 11.324 deaths per 100,000.

Conclusion: fewer deaths per 100,000 population in 2015 compared with 1950. fewer drivers in 1950, fewer miles driven in 1950,

The cost of a car in 1950 cannot be compared with the cost of a car in 2015 on the basis of the value of money or the cost of safety measures alone. Comparing that is like comparing a ship built today with a ship built in 1950, or a computer (yes, they had them in 1950) built today with a computer today.

So, if you wish to make a comparison of a long gone era with today, you might wish to start with the social aspects of the USA then, with now: No longer are there Jim Crow Laws, now a woman can own a house, have credit, and have higher education. Now we have cleaner air, cleaner water, food that we can depend upon to be safe (yes, there are isolated cases where there are food borne problems, but most come from restaurants, not the grocery store), just to name a few.....
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 PM
n/a

A internal combustion engine can only get so efficient. I think it's reached it maximum potential. Unless alternative power assist. My car, not hybrid gets almost as good gas mileage as my golf cart with 170 more hp and a lot more weight. Nothing stopping companies to Make there products more efficient it they want edge over there competition. Government needs to quit subsidies corn gas. Let them make it on there own. Why, millions acres of forest being bulldozed for corn field. Goggle earth the Midwest see corn field After corn field. All corn gas did was drive price of corn, beef, and dairy products up while burning more gas to make it and use it.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
I hope your not a hunter or fisherman, littleman.
Thank you. I've never been called "little" before. And I know you wouldn't be calling me anything, if you knew me. At least not to my face, coward.

Tags
water, environmental, trump, president, pollution

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.