Trump to shelve fuel mileage rules, clean water regs

Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Less fuel burned - true
Less emissions released - Less true than anything any politician ever said. Confusing emissions controls with fuel economy is like confusing carbon monoxide with carbon dioxide.
Huh? Less amount of gallons are being burned. Emissions go down. What makes you think that increased miles per gallon would make emissions go up?

Carbon monoxide comes from inefficient combustion...CO2 comes from efficient combustion. Efficient combustion leads to more MPG as you get more bang from each gallon.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:54 PM
n/a

Well, that's a great example of "A little learning is a dangerous thing".
Efficient combustion does not equal efficient use of energy.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, that's a great example of "A little learning is a dangerous thing".
Efficient combustion does not equal efficient use of energy.
Well then...explain to us all how a less efficient combustion engine is MORE energy efficient.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM
n/a

Default Evidently you don't care for the future generations

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
maybe... Many also say hydrocarbons are created inside the earth (abiotic oil).

Again, matter cannot be created nor destroyed. The carbon was already here in the atmosphere and through billions of years of plant growth (which took the carbon from the atmosphere and solidified it into complex hydrocarbons ie: Cellulose) as well as the animals which ate the plant material, those plants and animals died and were buried and the earth transformed them through heat into coal and crude oil and natural gas.

abiotic oil - google search

if hydrocarbons came from the "dinosaurs", then why does titan a moon around saturn have a ton of hydrocarbons?

Titan cannot sustain plant or animal growth the hydrocarbons were there as the solar system evolved.

hydrocarbons in space - google search

co2 has been much higher in the past.

Yes, that amount of carbon was captured by plants and many of those plants were eaten by animals.

Co2 isn't really that great of a greenhouse gas.

(green house gas) is a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. This process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect. the primary greenhouse gases in earth's atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.

water vapor is a much "stronger" greenhouse gas and it's all around.
water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas. ... However, water vapor does not control the earth's temperature, but is instead controlled by the temperature. This is because the temperature of the surrounding atmosphere limits the maximum amount of water vapor the atmosphere can contain.

earths temperature has been much higher in the past. It may continue to rise until it begins to fall in preparation for the next ice age...which will come.

Cycles have been measured in millions of years, but the spike in atmospheric temperature in the past decade exceeds any cyclical phenomenon

things work in cycles. Things are also chaotic in the small and short term scale.

The more pressing problem is the white genocide and rising populations of minorities. What's the point of saving the world when the world will become a 3rd world cesspool full of the worst of "humanity"? 80% of the worlds 9 billion people are poor.

Your racist remarks show that your knowledge of mankind is limited to your notion that one part of humanity is superior to another part of humanity. A notion that Adolf Hitler had.

"almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day. More than 80 percent of the world's population lives in countries where income differentials are widening."

income will not matter if there is no earth to support life

what percent of worlds population is poor? - google search

civilization is doomed...like every one of them before us.
so, you don't care for your children or their children, or their children. As a doomsday anarchist your ignorance of the facts, and your fatalistic views are direct reflections of your mentality.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well then...explain to us all how a less efficient combustion engine is MORE energy efficient.
Tie 20,000 pounds of weights to the back of your golf cart and drive to the He-Man-Women-Haters clubhouse.
The combustion in the engine is just as efficient as before, but I'll hazard a guess that your MPG is a little lower than it used to be.
Now. The gov't notices that your MPG is not exactly up to required levels so they tell you to improve it. Do you contrive to make your little engine achieve MORE efficient combustion? What if you changed out that wimpy but efficient 9 HP engine for a 1950's Hemi? I daresay your MPG would skyrocket.
I'll say it again.
Aggressive vehicle fuel economy targets have nothing to do with pollution.
I really don't know why you keep trying to bring emissions standards into your argument. That wasn't the original premise.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Tie 20,000 pounds of weights to the back of your golf cart and drive to the He-Man-Women-Haters clubhouse.
The combustion in the engine is just as efficient as before, but I'll hazard a guess that your MPG is a little lower than it used to be.
Now. The gov't notices that your MPG is not exactly up to required levels so they tell you to improve it. Do you contrive to make your little engine achieve MORE efficient combustion? What if you changed out that wimpy but efficient 9 HP engine for a 1950's Hemi? I daresay your MPG would skyrocket.
I'll say it again.
Aggressive vehicle fuel economy targets have nothing to do with pollution.
I really don't know why you keep trying to bring emissions standards into your argument. That wasn't the original premise.
Aggressive vehicle fuel economy targets burn less fuel, thus emitting less products of combustion i.e.: Carbon Dioxide (among others) which contribute to the warming of Earth. Even a high school chemistry class teaches you more than you seem to be spewing.....
Old 03-20-2017, 06:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Aggressive vehicle fuel economy targets burn less fuel, thus emitting less products of combustion i.e.: Carbon Dioxide (among others) which contribute to the warming of Earth. Even a high school chemistry class teaches you more than you seem to be spewing.....
I'm just sitting back, laughing and shaking my head...reading his/her idiocy.

I shouldn't really be laughing though, I should be doing the right thing...and try to educate him/her.

In that vein....

The Worst Climate Pollution Is Carbon Dioxide - Scientific American
Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
so, you don't care for your children or their children, or their children. As a doomsday anarchist your ignorance of the facts, and your fatalistic views are direct reflections of your mentality.
Well I have nothing to show to quote, so I'll go from memory...MATTER isn't being created you dolt...a MOLECULE is...hydrocarbons. MANY believe that hydrocarbons form naturally in the crust and seep towards the surface.

So hydrocarbons can form on a moon of Saturn...but couldn't have formed here on earth? Why not? Maybe oil has always been here, slowly seeping to the surface. Nobody knows for sure.

Water vapor is the strongest greenhouse gas by far.

Tag: Archive (ABC Science)

"Water vapor is really the primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere and has a greater influence on global warming than carbon dioxide"

CO2 is really a minor contributor to any warming.

Water vapor it proportional to the temperature, the hotter it is, the more water vapor the atmosphere can hold. That in turn leads to more warming because the added water vapor holds more heat. Up to a point. The point at which clouds form that block and reflect solar insolation. Water vapor is an atmospheric self regulator. Ice ages have more to do with orbital and rotational perturbations than anything to do with the atmospheric gasses.

As usual...the jury is out on whether the earth is hotter now than ever. To claim it is...is not necessarily true.

has the earth been warmer? - Google Search

In that regard...Hitler was right ans I am right too. The races are FAR different. Different species different. Did you get your "race facts" from the same place you grabbed your climate "facts"? You were right...a LITTLE knowledge IS a dangerous thing.

You ARE right here though...what will income matter when the country has gone 3rd world.

Quote:
I know right? He's trying to tell me a more efficient combustion motor will be LESS efficient.

And I don't know WHY he brought up emission standards. I've been solely talking about MPG efficiency. The more efficient it is...the higher the MPG...the less fuel it will burn.

People don't realize HOW MUCH oil we burn through each day. Getting enough for day to day use requires ALL those wells pumping away. It's not a shortage in available oil...it's a shortage of getting it out as fast as we burn it. That is why we put well in the arctic and out in the oceans. Fracking is to get out every last drop from already dug wells...cheaper than drilling a new one.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm just sitting back, laughing and shaking my head...reading his/her idiocy.

I shouldn't really be laughing though, I should be doing the right thing...and try to educate him/her.

In that vein....

The Worst Climate Pollution Is Carbon Dioxide - Scientific American
That's a bullsh!t story HOSTED on Scientific American's web site. It's a propaganda piece.

Adjusted for water vapor...CO2 gas contributes 3.6% towards greenhouse heat retention.

By Gayathri Vaidyanathan, ClimateWire on November 4, 2014

Reprinted from Climatewire with permission from Environment & Energy Publishing, LLC. E&E News -- The essential news for energy & environment professionals, 202-628-6500

"Based on concentrations (ppb) adjusted for heat retention characteristics Percent of Total Percent of Total adjusted for water vapor
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 72.369% 3.618%
Methane (CH4) 7.100% 0.360%
Nitrous oxide (N2O) 19.000% 0.950%
CFC's (and other misc. gases) 1.432% 0.072%

Once again...woman...you're proven to be wrong. Stop bringing a rock and a stick to an atomic age fight.

You're laughing IN ignorance...I'm laughing at you BECAUSE of your ignorance.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
That's a bullsh!t story HOSTED on Scientific American's web site. It's a propaganda piece.

Adjusted for water vapor...CO2 gas contributes 3.6% towards greenhouse heat retention.

By Gayathri Vaidyanathan, ClimateWire on November 4, 2014

Reprinted from Climatewire with permission from Environment & Energy Publishing, LLC. E&E News -- The essential news for energy & environment professionals, 202-628-6500

"Based on concentrations (ppb) adjusted for heat retention characteristics Percent of Total Percent of Total adjusted for water vapor
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 72.369% 3.618%
Methane (CH4) 7.100% 0.360%
Nitrous oxide (N2O) 19.000% 0.950%
CFC's (and other misc. gases) 1.432% 0.072%

Once again...woman...you're proven to be wrong. Stop bringing a rock and a stick to an atomic age fight.

You're laughing IN ignorance...I'm laughing at you BECAUSE of your ignorance
Yeah right, everyone should listen to the resident racist, instead of scientists...and an extremely reputable scientific journal.

Good one!

Not to even mention, that your OWN link to E & E has this to say (did you even read it dip$hit )?

SCIENCE: Global CO2 emissions are flat, but it's not all good news -- Monday, March 20, 2017 -- www.eenews.net

Quote:
For the third year in a row, the carbon dioxide emissions that drive climate change worldwide have been level.

And...

It's also a positive signal that humanity can take realistic efforts to curb carbon emissions without harming economic growth, said IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol.
Thanks for making it so easy for me to eviscerate you...again.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
n/a

So CO2 is worse than CO?
Perhaps you could tell me what a catalytic converter does?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
So CO2 is worse than CO?
Perhaps you could tell me what a catalytic converter does?
"In a catalytic converter, the catalyst (in the form of platinum and palladium) is coated onto a ceramic honeycomb or ceramic beads that are housed in a muffler-like package attached to the exhaust pipe. The catalyst helps to convert carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide. It converts the hydrocarbons into carbon dioxide and water. It also converts the nitrogen oxides back into nitrogen and oxygen."

The whole CO2 MUST be stopped, it's killing the planet...is bullsh!t...a lie to make people wealthy. Just one of a LONG list of lies.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Yeah right, everyone should listen to the resident racist, instead of scientists...and an extremely reputable scientific journal.

Good one!

Not to even mention, that your OWN link to E & E has this to say (did you even read it dip$hit )?

SCIENCE: Global CO2 emissions are flat, but it's not all good news -- Monday, March 20, 2017 -- www.eenews.net

Thanks for making it so easy for me to eviscerate you...again.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Hey moron...that link was from YOUR link. Those are the people YOU cited. I was showing YOU it WASN'T a Scientific American story...it was just a link on their web site to ANOTHER group...E&E, who actually WROTE the article you cited.

WHY do I waste my time with you...I guess to show everyone else that you really don't know what you talk about...and I'm right..as usual. I don't speak/write until I'm sure of what I'm saying. I don't stop with ONE article that agrees, I read multiple articles on BOTH sides and THEN I decide...or I don't, I stay undecided, if there isn't enough evidence on either side.

You see...unlike you...I'm OPEN to the TRUTH...I don't come in with preconceptions and then justify it...I come to my beliefs AFTER seeing ALL the evidence.

EVIDENCE has made me a "racist"...EVIDENCE has made me realize that the sexes are NOT equal. EVIDENCE made me realize that Hispanics are breeding us out and WILL be the majority within 30 years. EVIDENCE has SHOWN me what happens EVERY time they move in and become the majority. EVIDENCE is showing me you're not as bright as you think you are... Running to Google and grabbing the first thing...maybe the ONLY thing that agrees with you...is NOT how you learn...it's how you stay indoctrinated...reading BOTH sides of an argument is how you learn. Being open to an alternative view is how you learn.

Tags
water, environmental, trump, president, pollution

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.