Trump Takes on the NRA

Old 06-15-2016, 09:54 AM
n/a

Post Trump Takes on the NRA

Trump To Meet With NRA About Barring Those On No Fly List From Buying Guns

Donald Trump will be speaking with the NRA today about supporting a ban on gun sales to people on the no-fly, watch list.

Stand-by to see if the NRA tries to walk back their endorsement of Trump.

Democrats are proposing a 'no fly-no-buy law' also today.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:59 AM
n/a

Don't be surpised if this no fly no buy gets passed with the NRA and Trump taking bows together.

It is a very do-able least risk position to support....showing some action that make sense...being taken.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 AM
n/a

When proposed by President Obama, the no fly-no buy idea was shouted down by the NRA and most Republicans.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:49 PM
n/a

Heck, why worry about the Constitution when we can pass stupid, do-nothing legislature during a heated moment? Instead of blaming radicals and faulting politicians as we should, we will blame the very guns that will ultimately protect us from those that wish to take our freedom and liberty from us.

Trump is speaking with NRA to see what is a practical solution to approach when/after he is elected. Don't worry, Trump is not going to step on Obambie's slip.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:51 PM
n/a

Too bad we can't hire these radical Islamists to go into the Chicago ghetto and clean it out. OH, that's right they have guns up there and will fight back. Well, when they eventually DO take our guns away, at least the ghettos will be safe. Kind of ironic, isn't it?
Old 06-15-2016, 02:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Too bad we can't hire these radical Islamists to go into the Chicago ghetto and clean it out. OH, that's right they have guns up there and will fight back. Well, when they eventually DO take our guns away, at least the ghettos will be safe. Kind of ironic, isn't it?
There is no way there will ever exist a situation whe guns in this country will be "taken away".

Even if they were declared illegal to have all we would have to do is nothing and keep our guns just like the criminal elements and illegals do today.

I naturally assume lack of enforcement of the laws would be in continuence......even for white, armed, honest, tax paying Americans.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
There is no way there will ever exist a situation whe guns in this country will be "taken away".

Even if they were declared illegal to have all we would have to do is nothing and keep our guns just like the criminal elements and illegals do today.

I naturally assume lack of enforcement of the laws would be in continuence......even for white, armed, honest, tax paying Americans.
That would create how many felons? How many million lawbreakers would suddenly exist? Guess I would be one of them because not all of mine are registered, so there is no record of them.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
That would create how many felons? How many million lawbreakers would suddenly exist? Guess I would be one of them because not all of mine are registered, so there is no record of them.
Of course, most people break laws everyday. Tell me you never went over 30 in TV. I don't think anybody is going to take guns away. May be some law about assault rifles. Then you can choose to obey it or not. If somebody shoots me, I am not going to care if the gun was registered.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:02 PM
n/a

The no fly/no buy law would only ban people on the no fly/watch list from buying guns. If all the posters above are on the no fly list, we have bigger problems in The Villages.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:07 PM
n/a

If I understand it correctly the way it stands, you can be put on the no fly list without due cause,
and if you were put on it, you might find
it near impossible to get off it!
Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM
n/a

First it is the no fly list. Then it will be look a like wannabe assault rifles. Then it will be any semi-automatic rifle. Then it will be any semi-automatic pistol. Or maybe all magazines capable of holding more than ten rounds. Then it will be banning of all concealed carry. Some states banned all concealed carry of knives. Some states have banned carrying any knife over three inches in length. Good luck when you say that not allowing someone on the no fly list to purchase a fire arm, is no big deal. When has someone on the no-fly list ever committed these mass shootings? This guy was taken off the no-fly list. SO, unless I am mistaken, NONE. Liberals love to get one little inch in there so that the mile they are looking for will be easier to obtain. You liberals want to take cars away to prevent drunk driving.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
When has someone on the no-fly list ever committed these mass shootings? This guy was taken off the no-fly list. SO, unless I am mistaken, NONE.
Why was he taken off the list?
Is there a no buy list?
Old 06-15-2016, 07:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
First it is the no fly list. Then it will be look a like wannabe assault rifles. Then it will be any semi-automatic rifle. Then it will be any semi-automatic pistol. Or maybe all magazines capable of holding more than ten rounds. Then it will be banning of all concealed carry. Some states banned all concealed carry of knives. Some states have banned carrying any knife over three inches in length. Good luck when you say that not allowing someone on the no fly list to purchase a fire arm, is no big deal. When has someone on the no-fly list ever committed these mass shootings? This guy was taken off the no-fly list. SO, unless I am mistaken, NONE. Liberals love to get one little inch in there so that the mile they are looking for will be easier to obtain. You liberals want to take cars away to prevent drunk driving.
Your boy, Donald Trump, is in favor (as of today) on the no-fly no-buy restriction. He is a LIBERAL? Your Kool-Ade must be powerful stuff.

It will be interesting to see what comes from this NRA meeting. Will Trump say that is not what he meant and the liberal press smeared him? Will he have a backbone to tell the NRA he is not walking this back? I am betting on option number 1.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your boy, Donald Trump, is in favor (as of today) on the no-fly no-buy restriction. He is a LIBERAL? Your Kool-Ade must be powerful stuff.

It will be interesting to see what comes from this NRA meeting. Will Trump say that is not what he meant and the liberal press smeared him? Will he have a backbone to tell the NRA he is not walking this back? I am betting on option number 1.
Maybe he is a maverick. [Sarah will love that.] I don't think I'll change my mind but I will have more respect for him.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:17 AM
n/a

The title of the thread is misleading. It says Trump takes on the NRA, when the point is that he went to the NRA to discuss ideas, not "take on."

Tags
today, nra, takes, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.