truth in news is a professional standard and not a "legal mandate, requirement or reg

Old 01-08-2018, 09:18 AM
n/a

Default truth in news is a professional standard and not a "legal mandate, requirement or reg

FoxLiesLegally.jpg
Old 01-08-2018, 12:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Only Fox would even try to make a case that they did not have to tell the truth.

Others get suspended, fired or something...FOX, and I must add, recently (last year), is following the lead of the White House.....TRUTH and moral code are secondary to the adoration of a man who CAN'T tell the truth.

Donald Trump Lies: President'''s Falsehoods Catching Up to Him | Time

"The non-partisan PolitiFact.com -- the Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking media outlet -- recently announced its signature annual award.
After reviewing scores of statements made by politicians this year, it has declared that the big winner of "Lie of the Year" for 2017 goes to one told by (cue the drum roll and prepare the confetti) Donald J. Trump! That has to bring some joy for Trump as he spends time this week at his exclusive, for-profit country club Mar-a-Largo -- or as he has nicknamed it the "Winter White House."
You might be asking which Trump lie did PolitiFact choose, considering Trump has served up more "whoppers" than Burger King. Well, it goes back to May 2017 when Trump told NBC's Lester Holt that, "This Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story."

Trump finally gets the honor he deserves (opinion) - CNN
Old 01-08-2018, 12:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Often times, posting items such as this only tells one side of the story and are often false in their claims to boot. If you read further about this situation which happened way back in 2003-2004 and dig deeper (well, not even that deep), you will see what you are alleging is just not so.

For the life of me, I don't understand what kind of rise people get off of posting stuff like this. This is not political discussion, it is just pitting one group against another. Simply put - it is baiting, not discussing.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Often times, posting items such as this only tells one side of the story and are often false in their claims to boot. If you read further about this situation which happened way back in 2003-2004 and dig deeper (well, not even that deep), you will see what you are alleging is just not so.

For the life of me, I don't understand what kind of rise people get off of posting stuff like this. This is not political discussion, it is just pitting one group against another. Simply put - it is baiting, not discussing.
You are correct in a way, and I was wrong in responding..should have ignored this.

However, I challenge you on your general critique because discussion of politics is dead on here.

I realize that most of my posts cite something negative about Trump (so much to choose from), but each time I am personally attacked....never a defense of Trump.....or attack Clinton, OBama or the media,..still NEVER A DEFENSE OF TRUMP.

I bring this up because of your very quick critique, but extremely quiet on the posts from, for example those who were on the attack last night. Why are you never ever criticizing them ? Seems this forum is, in fact, a board exclusively for alt right white nationalist extremists. It seems there are different set of rules.

If you criticize the President or call him on alie, YOU will be attacked, vilified, and be subject to vile language. But never a direct response to the issue brought forth.

YET, in this case you are correct, but does not you logic apply to others, or is it reserved ?

You seem to justify vile language, false claims, etc. BUT ONLY if the poster is pro Trump. The balance of us can be attacked PERSONALLY, and you seem to just then give them support.

I have begun credible, truthful threads with links and no mention of another poster. The result is always the same...ATTACK ME. I have a right to my point I of view based on facts, and those who do not agree have the right to disagree, on the facts, not on the poster.

Knowing this post alone will just be fodder for more of same, and not looking for sympathy, but preaching to me...who has begun threads...just from memory...on Syria, North Korea, immigration, and of course when the President of the United States accusesan ex President of wire tapping, or just says something untrue, the economy, etc. in each case, and many others I have been called names that should carry shock but apparently in some world it is ok to use that kind of language.

You critique of me and silent, or not, support of those who go after others instead of the issue raised is my question
Old 01-08-2018, 01:34 PM
n/a

Quote:

Excellent point..........
Old 01-08-2018, 01:37 PM
n/a

By the way, this is a link to validate your point

Did Fox News Sue for the 'Right to Lie'?
Old 01-08-2018, 02:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are correct in a way, and I was wrong in responding..should have ignored this.

However, I challenge you on your general critique because discussion of politics is dead on here.

I realize that most of my posts cite something negative about Trump (so much to choose from), but each time I am personally attacked....never a defense of Trump.....or attack Clinton, OBama or the media,..still NEVER A DEFENSE OF TRUMP.

I bring this up because of your very quick critique, but extremely quiet on the posts from, for example those who were on the attack last night. Why are you never ever criticizing them ? Seems this forum is, in fact, a board exclusively for alt right white nationalist extremists. It seems there are different set of rules.

If you criticize the President or call him on alie, YOU will be attacked, vilified, and be subject to vile language. But never a direct response to the issue brought forth.

YET, in this case you are correct, but does not you logic apply to others, or is it reserved ?

You seem to justify vile language, false claims, etc. BUT ONLY if the poster is pro Trump. The balance of us can be attacked PERSONALLY, and you seem to just then give gem support.

I have begun credible, truthful threads with links and no mention of another poster. The result is always the same...ATTACK ME.

Knowing this post alone will just be fodder for more of same, and not looking for sympathy, but preaching to me...who has begun threads...just from memory...on Syria, North Korea, immigration, and of course when the President of the United States accusesan ex President of wire tapping, or just says something untrue, the economy, etc. in each case, and many others I have been called names that should carry shock but apparently in some world it is ok to use that kind of language.

You critique of me and silent, or not, support of those who go after others instead of the issue raised is my question
I hear what you say and agree with you on many fronts regarding the demeanor on this forum. That's why I continue to try to have an exchange with you because I believe you are just looking for civil discourse and to be treated with respect in the process. You are right about the vicious attacks on here at times. In fact, I'm just now learning about one that apparently occurred last night.

Unfortunately, I have no control over the language of some posters or the way in which they or others choose to engage. The fact that we may be on the same side of the political spectrum does not make us clones of one another nor does it mean that I support their approach in "discussing" things. It is not my personality, generally speaking, to call out people on their actions and behaviors, although I have done it on a few occasions, even on here. Judging people in the past has not always worked out well for me so I try to avoid doing that as much as possible. My approach is to try to look at people beyond their language, their demeanor, to a heart in the midst of it all. I've said it many times before that there is good in bad in everyone. I try to look for the good and overlook the bad as much as humanly possible. It doesn't always work though and when I feel wrongfully attacked I will speak up. I guess I need to do a better job in sticking up for others as well.

I do have to make a suggestion regarding your post and that is to quit labeling......alt right, etc. To me that sets the tone of a post and is going to set off some posters right from the get-go. Otherwise, I do believe you have been unfairly attacked and maligned on multiple occasions. I will have to try to be more diligent in noticing and pointing these instances out, I guess, although I'm not sure how much my opinion is going to matter.

Thanks for the response to my post. I hope I answered your questions.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
I hear what you say and agree with you on many fronts regarding the demeanor on this forum. That's why I continue to try to have an exchange with you because I believe you are just looking for civil discourse and to be treated with respect in the process. You are right about the vicious attacks on here at times. In fact, I'm just now learning about one that apparently occurred last night.

Unfortunately, I have no control over the language of some posters or the way in which they or others choose to engage. The fact that we may be on the same side of the political spectrum does not make us clones of one another nor does it mean that I support their approach in "discussing" things. It is not my personality, generally speaking, to call out people on their actions and behaviors, although I have done it on a few occasions, even on here. Judging people in the past has not always worked out well for me so I try to avoid doing that as much as possible. My approach is to try to look at people beyond their language, their demeanor, to a heart in the midst of it all. I've said it many times before that there is good in bad in everyone. I try to look for the good and overlook the bad as much as humanly possible. It doesn't always work though and when I feel wrongfully attacked I will speak up. I guess I need to do a better job in sticking up for others as well.

I do have to make a suggestion regarding your post and that is to quit labeling......alt right, etc. To me that sets the tone of a post and is going to set off some posters right from the get-go. Otherwise, I do believe you have been unfairly attacked and maligned on multiple occasions. I will have to try to be more diligent in noticing and pointing these instances out, I guess, although I'm not sure how much my opinion is going to matter.

Thanks for the response to my post. I hope I answered your questions.
Thanks for responding.

My labeling, and as an aside...similar to the general labeling of ALL PROGRESSIVES, ALL DEMOCRATS, ETC., none of which apply to me but nonetheless thrown at me..well the labeling of alt right, white nationilist extremist is simply because the language used by the most belligerent posters, and the trolls is almost right out of the handbook. The names they call, the labels they use are related to groups exposing those movements. Add to the facts, we have had posters on here refer to websites featuring those views. One prolific poster, I believe is not even in this country..have tried to call him on it because of the public hearings that spelled out how foreign use forums like this.

My label was one of conclusion, hopefully as a result of my investigating terms etc.

What I and others are labeled simply because we do not share the joy of actions by the current administration, are not determined by knowing anything, nor are the terms anything but street obscenity.

It is just tiring to come on here and becsubject to such extreme vulgarity, extreme labeling based on nothing.

I will stop there, but thanks again for responding, but I needed to educate myself a bit, listen to testimony an facts on foreign intervention, learn what terms being used in here mean, etc.

Some on here are simply mean spirited, cruel and stupid.

My sensitivity to your "lecture" was because I interpreted it as "blessing" those who never are called on juvenile beviir.

I am no saint, never even hinted, but I do have a respect for truth and for moral behavior. I thus found being lectured while the immoral, crass, lewd posters are validated at the same time just annoys me.

You attacked COLDNOMORE last eve, but wonder if you have seen the language imposed on him...why ? He had the audacity to criticize Trump. He and I disagree politically on issues, but agree on our feelings on Trump and thus I feel empowered to speak on his behalf.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Thanks for responding.

My labeling, and as an aside...similar to the general labeling of ALL PROGRESSIVES, ALL DEMOCRATS, ETC., none of which apply to me but nonetheless thrown at me..well the labeling of alt right, white nationilist extremist is simply because the language used by the most belligerent posters, and the trolls is almost right out of the handbook. The names they call, the labels they use are related to groups exposing those movements. Add to the facts, we have had posters on here refer to websites featuring those views. One prolific poster, I believe is not even in this country..have tried to call him on it because of the public hearings that spelled out how foreign use forums like this.

My label was one of conclusion, hopefully as a result of my investigating terms etc.

What I and others are labeled simply because we do not share the joy of actions by the current administration, are not determined by knowing anything, nor are the terms anything but street obscenity.

It is just tiring to come on here and becsubject to such extreme vulgarity, extreme labeling based on nothing.

I will stop there, but thanks again for responding, but I needed to educate myself a bit, listen to testimony an facts on foreign intervention, learn what terms being used in here mean, etc.

Some on here are simply mean spirited, cruel and stupid.

My sensitivity to your "lecture" was because I interpreted it as "blessing" those who never are called on juvenile beviir.

I am no saint, never even hinted, but I do have a respect for truth and for moral behavior. I thus found being lectured while the immoral, crass, lewd posters are validated at the same time just annoys me.

You attacked COLDNOMORE last eve, but wonder if you have seen the language imposed on him...why ? He had the audacity to criticize Trump. He and I disagree politically on issues, but agree on our feelings on Trump and thus I feel empowered to speak on his behalf.
In bold above - you are right about my "lecture". It would serve me well and the forum, possibly, if I was more even handed in dishing it out. I'm sorry that you were the brunt of it yesterday and hope that we can continue to be cordial. I hope by reaching out it shows I care about not having any animosity between us.

As far as CNM is concerned, that is a whole other matter which I would prefer not to go into on here, but thanks for your thoughts on the situation.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
In bold above - you are right about my "lecture". It would serve me well and the forum, possibly, if I was more even handed in dishing it out. I'm sorry that you were the brunt of it yesterday and hope that we can continue to be cordial. I hope by reaching out it shows I care about not having any animosity between us.

As far as CNM is concerned, that is a whole other matter which I would prefer not to go into on here, but thanks for your thoughts on the situation.
Be aware, I am aware of the humiliating paces CNM was made to go through before even being allowed to join TOTV. If you are not aware, I would find out before judging.

I am not a newbie on here...I know the cliques, the games and he has been subject to personal humiliation. I am sure he is no Saint, and I am also sure he has a chip on his shoulder....I would also, and do relative to some of the older posters.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Be aware, I am aware of the humiliating paces CNM was made to go through before even being allowed to join TOTV. If you are not aware, I would find out before judging.

I am not a newbie on here...I know the cliques, the games and he has been subject to personal humiliation. I am sure he is no Saint, and I am also sure he has a chip on his shoulder....I would also, and do relative to some of the older posters.
I understand how that kind of treatment can taint someone, but when it carries over to people one does not even know and had nothing to do with it, that's where I have a problem. And here's another thing, when bad things happen to good people and especially in your adult years, you can allow it to either humble you or make you a jerk. Yes, my judgment is only by what I see now. I know nothing else. But rather than continue to judge, when a person reacts impossibly nasty for no good reason that I can see, my instinct is to avoid that person as much as possible and not even engage in any kind of exchange. Unfortunately, I broke that trend and engaged last night because I was tired of the confrontational posts that often are an attempt (albeit weak) to humiliate another person, and that is a bully tactic if I ever saw one. Also, the lying and twisting people's words to change the narrative is so repulsive I find it hard to believe you would even entertain that, but apparently whatever it is that you know softens your heart to it - good for you.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
I understand how that kind of treatment can taint someone, but when it carries over to people one does not even know and had nothing to do with it, that's where I have a problem. And here's another thing, when bad things happen to good people and especially in your adult years, you can allow it to either humble you or make you a jerk. Yes, my judgment is only by what I see now. I know nothing else. But rather than continue to judge, when a person reacts impossibly nasty for no good reason that I can see, my instinct is to avoid that person as much as possible and not even engage in any kind of exchange. Unfortunately, I broke that trend and engaged last night because I was tired of the confrontational posts that often are an attempt (albeit weak) to humiliate another person, and that is a bully tactic if I ever saw one. Also, the lying and twisting people's words to change the narrative is so repulsive I find it hard to believe you would even entertain that, but apparently whatever it is that you know softens your heart to it - good for you.
Fair enough...I certainly am not aware of everything.

I just know that, and I search for the correct words here...."associates", "friendly appearing", "folks you appear to support"..... I don't know...do not overreact..just based on appearances, but those folks who come on and support you and whom you "have" supported have the most vile vocabulary, and uninformed posts I have ever seen. I welcome anyone when I post to challenge with facts what I posted, but most of these simply verbally assault the poster. I simply tire of the "Clinton, OBama, rinse and repeat" responses OR simply attack the poster.

I do not know Coldnomore, but the question he asked of you was simple and becomes more central with each of the responses in here. It does appear that it is Trump before country and it is a pertinent question.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar! Liar! Rockface
I welcome anyone when I post to challenge with facts what I posted, but most of these simply verbally assault the poster.
Just words there...I asked you to provide the links to the forums that you claimed discussed this political forum. You have ignore the request over and over, it seems you have lied and should be ashamed of the continued lies like above.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just words there...I asked you to provide the links to the forums that you claimed discussed this political forum. You have ignore the request over and over, it seems you have lied and should be ashamed of the continued lies like above.
Please keep your comments to the topic being discussed.

I ignored that issue not all and responded yesterday clearly and succinctly.

Your need to try and begin confrontation is noted, but try to stay on topic.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar! Liar! Rockface

I ignored that issue not all and responded yesterday clearly and succinctly.
You never responded to the request, for the links to the forums that you claimed discussed this political forum. Just admit you lied and I will not mention it again!

Tags
requirement, legal, mandate, reg, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.