U.S. going down the tubes on Obama's watch.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
n/a

Xavier,

I am not coming to anyone's aid here. No one needs to be reminded more than me about posting that just insults someone.

Rubicon and I are on opposite poles politically but your posting to him was over the edge.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Xavier I believe you are taking this just too personal. I'm OK you're OK. Richielion probably freightened you with his prediction of Obama's 2012 defeat.
I don't think so. You see, I don't know who I will be voting for in 2012 yet. I don't know who is running yet. I have NEVER voted the party line on anything. I vote for the person who I think will do the best job, but I prefer to use accurate information when I'm making that decision. Right now, Obama is my President, and yours too - we can only have one. Based on what reliable information I have, I support my President. That does not mean that I agree with everything he proposes or promotes. I'm not a lemming. I have no use for unsupported blanket statements like, "He's ruining our country", "He wasn't born in this country," etc. I'm pretty sure he's well educated, not a criminal and is black. I have little tolerance for links or arguments that are presented to demean our President when in fact they do not show that he is somehow responsible. I believe that like most recent Presidents, Obama uses a teleprompter. I think it's good that he knows how to do that. Not all of the recent candidates or occupants of the White House had that particular talent. It makes him look good in that he doesn't talk in circles.

So you see unsupported generalities upset me a bit and reliable facts make me really happy - and it doesn't matter on which side they come down.

Xavier
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Xavier,

I am not coming to anyone's aid here. No one needs to be reminded more than me about posting that just insults someone.

Rubicon and I are on opposite poles politically but your posting to him was over the edge.
Thanks for your feedback. I respect your opinion. I see a very distinct difference between poking fun at someone in jest and insulting them. So I guess I can't agree with your conclusion.

Xavier
Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 AM
n/a

I have to agree with the position that there are only two things that can unseat Obama in 2012.

1) The GOP has to come up with a credible candidate. Trump, Palin and those like them will have no chance. Romney, so far, is the most dignified of the candidates but he has his own albatrosses.

2) A *true* 3rd party emerges (virtually impossible). A party dedicated to social freedoms and fiscal conservatism just might be able to shake things loose. As we're discovering, the Tea Party, being a *wing* of an existing party, has had a rude awakening with how Things Work In Washington.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:55 AM
n/a

Default What I seem to miss with the discussion of whether

Obama can be unseated or not is what has he done to give the American people a warm and fuzzy feeling this country, under his direction is going in the right direction domestically and internationaly.
The discussions always follow political bias...support the partiy's candidate no matter what he/she has done/not done!!!
We have a divided country...more than R VS D...special interests VS we the people...minority issues (including race) that get more attention than we the people...et al.......

How about a discussion of why Obama should be re-elected because of what he has done/accomplished? OK sp he did the bail out programs....remember them? Did it do what it was supposed to do? What/who/where was the effect of improvement for we the people?

Obama care? A priority of Obama's....not we the people...forced through...now many states, special interest groups and minority entities are finding ways to be exempted. So what has this program done to EARN re-election.

What has he done about the war(s)? Maintained them and increased our involvement/commitment.

Energy indepence? Where are the initiatives? Not some Sunday school preaching like last week...ya know high fuel prices are not easy to fix. Ya know it is a long term problem to solve. Ya know the price of oil is going to continue to go up. Ya know!!! And the actions he has directed to at least get us started, as a nation, toward foreign oil independence? Not one single program. WORDS....WORDS....WORDS.

What has he done to improve the tax situation. You know where most of Americans don't have to pay any. And corporations like GE while reporting highest earnings in a good long time pay no tax at all!! How many foreign companies here are also tax exempt?

What has he done/is he doing to STOP the out of control spending and ever increasing deficit? Every financial indicator for the last 18 months has been SCREAMING.....danger...danger danger. What is being done? WORDS....WORDS only.

And now with the 2012 elections starting to take center stage, where do you think his priority will be?

I would just like to hear why, based on the merits of doing an acceptable job he should even be on the ticket. Not just the usual D telling the R's why the D's are this that or anything else and ditto for the R's doing the same.
What has the man done to EARN re-election?

btk
Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Obama can be unseated or not is what has he done to give the American people a warm and fuzzy feeling this country, under his direction is going in the right direction domestically and internationaly.
The discussions always follow political bias...support the partiy's candidate no matter what he/she has done/not done!!!
We have a divided country...more than R VS D...special interests VS we the people...minority issues (including race) that get more attention than we the people...et al.......

How about a discussion of why Obama should be re-elected because of what he has done/accomplished? OK sp he did the bail out programs....remember them? Did it do what it was supposed to do? What/who/where was the effect of improvement for we the people?

Obama care? A priority of Obama's....not we the people...forced through...now many states, special interest groups and minority entities are finding ways to be exempted. So what has this program done to EARN re-election.

What has he done about the war(s)? Maintained them and increased our involvement/commitment.

Energy indepence? Where are the initiatives? Not some Sunday school preaching like last week...ya know high fuel prices are not easy to fix. Ya know it is a long term problem to solve. Ya know the price of oil is going to continue to go up. Ya know!!! And the actions he has directed to at least get us started, as a nation, toward foreign oil independence? Not one single program. WORDS....WORDS....WORDS.

What has he done to improve the tax situation. You know where most of Americans don't have to pay any. And corporations like GE while reporting highest earnings in a good long time pay no tax at all!! How many foreign companies here are also tax exempt?

What has he done/is he doing to STOP the out of control spending and ever increasing deficit? Every financial indicator for the last 18 months has been SCREAMING.....danger...danger danger. What is being done? WORDS....WORDS only.

And now with the 2012 elections starting to take center stage, where do you think his priority will be?

I would just like to hear why, based on the merits of doing an acceptable job he should even be on the ticket. Not just the usual D telling the R's why the D's are this that or anything else and ditto for the R's doing the same.
What has the man done to EARN re-election?

btk
Well that was totally unbiased!

Xavier
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
n/a

BTK makes a great point, which is that those who support Obama never or rarely speak about his achievements.....the only thing you read are PERSONAL slams and NAME CALLING of anyone who disagrees with him on any level. Having pet names for those in the public eye does not make you smart...it makes you......

The media bypassed all the signs on our current President the last cycle and I frankly do not see them waking up much. His past is a mess of secrets and coverups (that does NOT include the birth thing)

Eighteen months...a year and a half until the next election and the name calling begins...does not bode well for the future of this country.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
His past is a mess of secrets and coverups (that does NOT include the birth thing)
Please list them and provide any fact check information. This is what I mean when I say "unsupported blanket statements." Bucco you used to be the link-master, I'm sure you can dig up the dirt.

Xavier
Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Please list them and provide any fact check information. This is what I mean when I say "unsupported blanket statements." Bucco you used to be the link-master, I'm sure you can dig up the dirt.

Xavier

I posted so many things during the primary AND the campaign and was called a racist because I questioned things about the mans background and his beliefs. I NEVER said anything about his personal life, only his "professional" life which pretty much was total talking philosophy, and bare of any experience at all...his associations were totally one sided.

I say nothing about the man personally...I am sure he is a good man..a good father. I have no pet nicknames for him.

My point is that you folks have little snide remarks for anyone who seems to disagree with the President...that is not discussing politics...THAT is what organizations like MOVEON do 24 hours a day.

I have backed off here simply because it is hard to hold your tongue as the personal and snide remarks are the only thing brought to the table. I disagree with VK a lot of times (and I sure hope he does not mind me using him as an example) but he does try to discuss issues and not get into the snide personal remarks but if you notice most of his threads get not much response.

Those who think making up a little snide name for someone or calling others names are NOT discussing anything. Because I totally disagree with our President, I am a racist...I am not intelligent enough to understand what he preaches....I am a party guy (THAT one makes me laugh everytime I have read it since I worked for the Democratic party years ago). Most of that is a critique of the media and not the President..he is what he is and is 80% an open book.

And I can tell you with very little fear of contradiction from some past associates of mine in Tampa that PolitiFact that you use is extremely partisan, and will be the first to admit that there are very little sites that are fair. So you can link me to anyone you want...I have supplied so many links to this forum over the past few years about our President, again nothing about him on a personal level which seems to be the link of choice on here.

I will ask why his college grades are secret...I will ask why he simply tossed Wright under the bus yet Romney needed a full blown news conference to explain his religious beliefs and he was not even the candidate..I will ask how you can have Obama's background and associations and be expected to be anything but far left wing (as all of his minimal voting records indicate). I will ask how he can be proud of the healthcare bill which is not what he wanted and was born of backroom deals and payoffs (wont even mention the "stories" about making the debate public which he avoided doing). This administrations is exactly what I expected to be frank.

I sure didnt mean to post this much...trying to stay out of the name calling..and by the way, the little nicknames you and others have for anyone opposed this President in anyway are not even that funny !
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 AM
n/a

Originally Posted by Bucco

"His past is a mess of secrets and coverups (that does NOT include the birth thing)"

Then I take it that you have no support for your previous statement?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
n/a

Default US going down the tubes

I happen to agree with most of what Bucco has said and thought that I had been refraining from name calling and addressing the misguided policies of Obama. In fact I began a thread entitled "Is America Dying" for that very purpose.

Not only Rev Wright but one group after another that has supported Obama has been thrown under the bus, drug companies, business community, unions, etc. During the 208 campaign a great number of hedge fund comapnies threw their support behind Obama and the Dems. This time around these same hedge fund managers are throwing their support to Repbulicans. I am a Republican but that doesn't mean I blindly follow their platform no more than I would blindly throw my support around a family member I believed was doing something wrong because that's what ehtical and principled people do. This of course is counter to what politicians do.

In my view Obama is not a good leader. He is a good campaigner. And the fact of the matter is people cut him more slack than he has been entitle to.

People laugh at the thought of Donald Trump making a bid for President but I do not. I wlecome it and I tell you why.

Let's begin with the birther issue. Jus to lay a foundation for my reasoning. Trump has only asked for a birth certificate. He reported on Anderson Cooper that the birth certificate is missing. Some asked what is the difference is between a Certificate of Live Birth and a Birth Certificate. The former may explain the State of birth but doesn't go into details such as the location in that State, the time of birth , the attending physician, etc.

I do have a curosity as to why Obama hides so much about his background. However my reason for the birther issue by Trump is to signal that a guy like Trump has the ability to cut through all the political correctness nonsense and get to the heart of the matter. Who else but Trump has the intestinal fortittude to ask that question? Secondly I would just love to see a one on one debate between Trump and Obama. I know in my mind who would win hands down. So essentially the big reason for me to see Trump run is that we would have a real debate because Trump would not be intimitdated when the opposite side attempts to disengage with their political correctness technques. Bravo Trump keep asking the tough and essential questions that many of the whimpy Republicans and reporters dare not ask
Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Originally Posted by Bucco

"His past is a mess of secrets and coverups (that does NOT include the birth thing)"

Then I take it that you have no support for your previous statement?
I have posted many many things on here about his background. Just off the top of my head, and NONE of this is new....all ignored by the msm, HOWEVER, these are the type of things that are the subject of much reporting on other Presidents....Bush' college years...his military service...Clinton's sex life before and after elected, BUT Obama gets a pass on all of it..

"What they portray is a Barack Obama sharply at variance with the image of the post-racial, post-ideological, bipartisan, culture-war-shunning politician familiar from current media coverage and purveyed by the Obama campaign. As details of Obama's early political career emerge into the light, his associations with such radical figures as Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, Reverend James Meeks, Bill Ayers, and Bernardine Dohrn look less like peculiar instances of personal misjudgment and more like intentional political partnerships."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/386abhgm.asp

"Now in our view, the college years shouldn't normally be used to judge a politician's fitness for office. We're not sure the transcripts of Al Gore, John Kerry and George W. Bush -- which showed them to be C students -- illuminated much for voters. The McCain campaign won't release his records, but we know he graduated at the bottom of his Naval Academy class.

But Mr. Obama is a case apart. His personal story, as told by him, made possible his rise from obscurity four years ago to possibly the White House. He doesn't have a long track record in government. We mainly have him in his own words. As any autobiographer, Mr. Obama played up certain chapters in his life -- perhaps even exaggerating his drug use in adolescence to drive home his theme of youthful alienation -- and ignored others. What's more, as acknowledged in "Dreams From My Father," Mr. Obama reconstructed conversations and gave some people pseudonyms or created "composite" characters."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122108881386721289.html

"Per the Wall Street Journal September 11, 2008, "Obama's Lost Years," Obama graduated from Columbia University (to which he transferred after his first two years at Occidental College in California), with a degree in Political Science without honors, so had a GPA less than a 3.3. His roomate Sohale Siddiqi indicated Obama itially felt alienated, felt "very lost," and used drugs to get high, which could have led to low grades initially. The roomate indicates that he then turned serious and "stopped getting high." Obama transferred to Columbia because he was concerned with urban issues. Based on his overall undergraduate GPA of less than a 3.3, Mr. Obama's admission to Harvard Law School may reflect affirmative action statutes, low grades early, then higher grades later (purely speculation) and/or other factors."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_...des_in_college

He calls Rev Wright his MENTOR of twenty years..advising him on life and religion, BUT when not politically expediant he simply throws him aside and it is accepted by the media. Remember when Romney needed to hold a press conference to discuss his Morman religion just to make the press die down somewhat ?

I am not going to go into many of the things I brought up in the campaign on here....all it got me on this particular forum was ridicule and being called racist among others.

NONE of this makes him a bad man..none of it tempts me to call him a name in order to try and be cute....however, this along with things he said during the campaign......

He will close GTMO....it is still open
He will hold an open debate and even named CSPAN as the carrier on health care..didnt even try.
He actually took the previous administration to task in great detail on the Patriot act....since when he has renewed.
He now wants to make the Republicans look like devils because they have threatened to vote against rasing the debt ceiling...would be un american, YET HE DID THAT IN 2006 !

There are more but the point to be made is this. ALL candidates go back on their word on issues once in the WH, however this man captivated you folks with his change message and this is without a doubt the single most political WH in the history of this country.

He had ZERO experience when he got elected...and with a few years in, he is getting worse. I certainly do not assume he will not be reelected...whatever it takes is his mantra !

And finally, he has botched the number of states in the union among other things and this morning on MSNBC they would not let of a Romney quote about Obama and his "peacetime" budget....THAT is an example of the media forgiving anything he does and for that reason he surely, as bad a president as he has been, as bad an administrator as he has been, as bad as a rep for our country throughout the world he still commands the front runner status.

I have no idea who will run against him....it is still so far away...but your silly name calling of anyone who may, gains nothing...it is not cute...not funny..not well thought out at all and since we all make decisions on folks who post here based on their posts it is what you want to be thought of...that is your choice !
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
n/a

After about 3 years in office, it is time to back off the ridiculous claim that President Obama is not a natural born citizen. The birth certificate was verified - end of story.

Regarding college grades - did anyone ever get a complete list of George W. Bush's college grades or Sarah Palin's grades or Harry Truman's grades or Thomas Dewey's grades or Dan Quayles grades? I don't think so. If so, I would like to see them on line and verified.

Donald Trump is just an ego maniac who runs his companies by bullying. His catch phrase of "you're fired" would not work in government due to civil service protections. He is comical to watch on "Apprentice" as are his toady children. Have you ever noticed his 3 kids never disagree with him on his choice of person to fire? Also, how would it look to have a First Lady who is younger than the First Daughter? Well, Trump is good entertainment and will provide good entertainment if he wants to run for president.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
After about 3 years in office, it is time to back off the ridiculous claim that President Obama is not a natural born citizen. The birth certificate was verified - end of story.

Regarding college grades - did anyone ever get a complete list of George W. Bush's college grades or Sarah Palin's grades or Harry Truman's grades or Thomas Dewey's grades or Dan Quayles grades? I don't think so. If so, I would like to see them on line and verified.

Donald Trump is just an ego maniac who runs his companies by bullying. His catch phrase of "you're fired" would not work in government due to civil service protections. He is comical to watch on "Apprentice" as are his toady children. Have you ever noticed his 3 kids never disagree with him on his choice of person to fire? Also, how would it look to have a First Lady who is younger than the First Daughter? Well, Trump is good entertainment and will provide good entertainment if he wants to run for president.
Of course you hone in on the grade issue which was presented as an example of the past life which to this day remains cloaked in mystery. Address the issues...address what he has says and what he has done.

I would imagine you really hurt the Trumps by calling his children names and making insinuations about the family. Have come to expect this kind of posting and that is why I really stay away from here now. It is all about making you feell better by allowing you to make fun of others. I just dont understand folks who do that...maybe it is me...but I find it nasty and very revealing ! You actually tore apart the mans family in one short post..that seems to be your first and foremost activity.

I dont support Trump but can not imagine calling out an entire family, calling them "toady" whatever that means. I also am not sure what Trump has to do with anything but I suppose it was your nearest target of names !
Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I have posted many many things on here about his background. Just off the top of my head, and NONE of this is new....all ignored by the msm, HOWEVER, these are the type of things that are the subject of much reporting on other Presidents....Bush' college years...his military service...Clinton's sex life before and after elected, BUT Obama gets a pass on all of it..

"What they portray is a Barack Obama sharply at variance with the image of the post-racial, post-ideological, bipartisan, culture-war-shunning politician familiar from current media coverage and purveyed by the Obama campaign. As details of Obama's early political career emerge into the light, his associations with such radical figures as Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, Reverend James Meeks, Bill Ayers, and Bernardine Dohrn look less like peculiar instances of personal misjudgment and more like intentional political partnerships."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...5/386abhgm.asp

"Now in our view, the college years shouldn't normally be used to judge a politician's fitness for office. We're not sure the transcripts of Al Gore, John Kerry and George W. Bush -- which showed them to be C students -- illuminated much for voters. The McCain campaign won't release his records, but we know he graduated at the bottom of his Naval Academy class.

But Mr. Obama is a case apart. His personal story, as told by him, made possible his rise from obscurity four years ago to possibly the White House. He doesn't have a long track record in government. We mainly have him in his own words. As any autobiographer, Mr. Obama played up certain chapters in his life -- perhaps even exaggerating his drug use in adolescence to drive home his theme of youthful alienation -- and ignored others. What's more, as acknowledged in "Dreams From My Father," Mr. Obama reconstructed conversations and gave some people pseudonyms or created "composite" characters."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122108881386721289.html

"Per the Wall Street Journal September 11, 2008, "Obama's Lost Years," Obama graduated from Columbia University (to which he transferred after his first two years at Occidental College in California), with a degree in Political Science without honors, so had a GPA less than a 3.3. His roomate Sohale Siddiqi indicated Obama itially felt alienated, felt "very lost," and used drugs to get high, which could have led to low grades initially. The roomate indicates that he then turned serious and "stopped getting high." Obama transferred to Columbia because he was concerned with urban issues. Based on his overall undergraduate GPA of less than a 3.3, Mr. Obama's admission to Harvard Law School may reflect affirmative action statutes, low grades early, then higher grades later (purely speculation) and/or other factors."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_...des_in_college

He calls Rev Wright his MENTOR of twenty years..advising him on life and religion, BUT when not politically expediant he simply throws him aside and it is accepted by the media. Remember when Romney needed to hold a press conference to discuss his Morman religion just to make the press die down somewhat ?

I am not going to go into many of the things I brought up in the campaign on here....all it got me on this particular forum was ridicule and being called racist among others.

NONE of this makes him a bad man..none of it tempts me to call him a name in order to try and be cute....however, this along with things he said during the campaign......

He will close GTMO....it is still open
He will hold an open debate and even named CSPAN as the carrier on health care..didnt even try.
He actually took the previous administration to task in great detail on the Patriot act....since when he has renewed.
He now wants to make the Republicans look like devils because they have threatened to vote against rasing the debt ceiling...would be un american, YET HE DID THAT IN 2006 !

There are more but the point to be made is this. ALL candidates go back on their word on issues once in the WH, however this man captivated you folks with his change message and this is without a doubt the single most political WH in the history of this country.

He had ZERO experience when he got elected...and with a few years in, he is getting worse. I certainly do not assume he will not be reelected...whatever it takes is his mantra !

And finally, he has botched the number of states in the union among other things and this morning on MSNBC they would not let of a Romney quote about Obama and his "peacetime" budget....THAT is an example of the media forgiving anything he does and for that reason he surely, as bad a president as he has been, as bad an administrator as he has been, as bad as a rep for our country throughout the world he still commands the front runner status.

I have no idea who will run against him....it is still so far away...but your silly name calling of anyone who may, gains nothing...it is not cute...not funny..not well thought out at all and since we all make decisions on folks who post here based on their posts it is what you want to be thought of...that is your choice !
You've actually made a pretty good case as to why this conjecture and these suspicions are not earth shatteringly important. They ALL lack substance and definitive proof of some conspiracy or whatever. Much of what you say appears to be your interpretation or at least what you tend to believe. I do appreciate your effort in delving into the subject matter. To each their own I guess.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.