US debt cannot be solved

Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
n/a

Default US debt cannot be solved

Read this link
"http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110608/ap_on_bi_ge/us_debt_limit"

As you can see from this article, the "solutions" being discussed as part of raising the debt ceiling, solve nothing.
Speaker Boehner says cuts must equal the amount the ceiling raised. What kind of a solution is that? If that solution is used, they will raise the debt ceiling 2 trillion immediately, BUT they will cut 2 trillion using the same sort of BS used to get the 38B (really 250 million) in the last budget resolution.. and they will get those "cuts" over a 10 TEN year period.. and next year.. our debt will have risen to 16.4 trillion.. and the cuts will never occur. If we get that "good" deal 10 times more.. the debt will be 38 trillion in 15 years.. IF they did not raise the budget AT ALL.. when did that ever happen??
Wow.. what a great strategy!! Even if they actually cut the 2 trillion offset, it does NOTHING to cut the debt; it only INCREASES the debt because they will continue to borrow MORE AND MORE and pay it off gradually 10 years later.. it just gets bigger and bigger because we are paying interest on that money for 10 years before it is paid off.
The truth is they wont cut enough to stop the debt bomb, because they know the pain would be so bad, the public will never accept it.. our economy is surviving on that debt, and without it.. god help us.
The ONLY person who has proposed a plan to actually fix the debt bomb. Rand Paul says it is necessary to cut 500 BILLION ever year from the current level, until the budget is balanced. It will take YEARS... and even during that time.. the debt gets bigger.. do you see the problem??
DID you read that... 500 BILLION every year! Why so much?? Because we are paying HUNDREDS of billions in INTEREST every year just to service our 14.5 trillion debt. You have to CUT more than the annual interest paid to reduce the deficit at all, and then YEARS later you would begin to reduce the total DEBT.
JJ
Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
n/a

Just a little help with the link.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110608/.../us_debt_limit
Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 PM
n/a

Thanks for the link. Guess we are in for some hard times in the near future. Time to stop all the hand outs and go back to the "You Don't Work, You Don't Eat." Stop giving foreign aid to all countries, they stand on their own or fall. The US has enough raw materials that we don't need Globilization for anything. We can once again learn to make things that are "Made in the USA" like we did before the Globalization crowd convinced us that we could not make anything in the US anymore.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:33 PM
n/a

Stop Social Security completely right now. No one will contribute to it and no one will collect anything beginning immediately. Same thing with Medicare. Stop Medicare contributions from paychecks and also stop the Medicare program immediately. Health insurance is completely on you since government will not pay one penny of health care.

No unemployment benefits for anyone. No food stamp program. No hot lunch program. No rental subsidies for anyone.

No medical care for veterans or rehab care for veterans as well as no veteran pensions.

Income taxes will continue since they are constitutional - and hopefully at higher rates.

Sound pretty good? Gets rid of a lot of spending.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Stop Social Security completely right now. No one will contribute to it and no one will collect anything beginning immediately. Same thing with Medicare. Stop Medicare contributions from paychecks and also stop the Medicare program immediately. Health insurance is completely on you since government will not pay one penny of health care.

No unemployment benefits for anyone. No food stamp program. No hot lunch program. No rental subsidies for anyone.

No medical care for veterans or rehab care for veterans as well as no veteran pensions.

Income taxes will continue since they are constitutional - and hopefully at higher rates.

Ridiculous responses are ridiculous.
How about this. Freeze social security and medicare for everyone currently on it. The government causes inflation intentionally using monetary policy. Stop it.
If you are not currently on SS and Medicare, you get your investment back with interest.
If you cannot pay your own medical insurance or costs, you go on medicaid.
Medicaid and welfare payments are welfare. You get a basic subsistence allowance, nothing more.. no checks.
Veterans get what they were promised. That was a contract for services.

Income taxes will drop significantly because the cost of government will decline drastically... unless of course liberals do what they always do, and raise taxes so they can buy more votes.

OR.. we can do what we are doing, borrow more, lose the value of our savings, and the debt bomb destroys us as soon as they quit loaning us money.
JJ
Old 06-08-2011, 05:02 PM
n/a

Just give all those crooks in DC more money to spend on stuff that we don't need.

How about:

Stop giving aid to illegals.

No more birth right citizenship for any child born of illegals.

No more food stamps to illegals.

No more food stamps to those that can work and don't want to.

This sounds better than your idea. We help our citizens, not criminals who have broken into our country and then want us to support them.

Here's a novel idea. When we move to TV we will move in with you and you can support me and mine in a life style we want to become acustom to. That is what our government is forcing us tax payers to do for all the illegals that are braking into our country. Send address so I know where to send all our bills. Thanks, Tbugs, you are the greatest.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post

That is about as draconian as some of the folks who post here would like, except for those few programs that they enjoy which are sacred.
Someone once told me some 40+ years ago that the measure of a society is how they treat the least fortunate among them. Some would like our society to measure up very small.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
n/a

Some of the "least fortunate" among us are just plain lazy and as long as the taxerpay through the government "stealing" our money keeps giving them shelter, food and medical care they will stay lazy, never work and keep their hand out forever.

I have no problem helping someone get back on theie feet, but not generation after generation. When it becomes a way of life it needs to be stopped. If you want to buy their vote, take your money from your pocket and give it to them. Stop doing it with my tax dollars.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
n/a

Figmo,

Once you get to The Villages, the illegal workers will still be in the US. Join up with the Republican Club, Democrat Club, or Teaparty Club to try and do something about it, if you want.

In the meantime, may I suggest that you relax as much as you can because moving is one of the most stressful things in a person's life. I can tell you are passionate about your beliefs and more power to you for that.

Hope we can get together after you arrive and we can have that cold beverage we talked about. No need to come armed, though. This is The Villages and there is no need for that.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 PM
n/a

Heres the problem as I see it. All of our 535 and 100 are bought and paid for. If the 1st year ones are not now they will be shortly. Now when they try to cut subsidies to oil companies those senators and reps that are bought will oppose the cuts come up with some lame excuse and no cuts made. Now to the military same thing bought and paid for and on and on and on. So if we try to figure out who is not buying our reps then that's where thr tax cuts will be made. I'm trying to figure out who is representing the middle class and the poor and I can't find anyone. So it would seem logical to me that any programs set up to help the middle and poor will be cut. And it seems to me reading some of these posts that you don't get it.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
n/a

Wayne, I read your post several times but it did not seem to be coherent. First mistake was 535 and 100. 535 is the total of Congress (House and Senate).

Second, what have you, Wayne, done to be part of the solution? I suggest you join some group to advocate whatever position you are taking and go through the proper channels such as finding a candidate or even filing a class action lawsuit as a group if you can come up with a defined problem that has a solution.

Excuse me for saying so, Wayne, but just disagreeing with the system without putting in some work on your own does not feed the bulldog.

Everything starts at the grass roots. Go for it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.