US News list 10 best High Schools Charter and magnet schools are the best.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:37 AM
n/a

Default US News list 10 best High Schools Charter and magnet schools are the best.

The 10 best high schools in America
Old 04-25-2017, 06:40 AM
n/a

Betsy DeVos though much maligned championing the ability for choice in Education, seems to be right.

Charter and magnet schools are the best High Schools in America according to The Latest U.S. News List.

I hope this will begin to put cracks in the power of the Teachers Union which in my view is holding back new ideas and better choices in good education for our kids.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Betsy DeVos though much maligned championing the ability for choice in Education, seems to be right.

Charter and magnet schools are the best High Schools in America according to The Latest U.S. News List.

I hope this will begin to put cracks in the power of the Teachers Union which in my view is holding back new ideas and better choices in good education for our kids.
And how much choice is there for many people really in what school they go to? Practically speaking?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:58 AM
n/a

"BASIS Scottsdale, a charter school in Arizona, is the No. 1 public high school in the U.S."

Basis Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ | StartClass

"The demographic breakdown of Basis Scottsdale is drastically different from that of a typical school in the state of Arizona, which is made up of 40.0% Caucasian students on average."

"
Large Achievement Gap between Ethnicities on the Math Exam

Based on the difference in proficiency between Asians and African-American students (ethnicities with the highest and lowest math proficiency, respectively), Basis Scottsdale has not successfully minimized the disparity in math literacy among different ethnic groups.

Though Caucasian students comprise the largest segment of the student body at Basis Scottsdale, they have achieved the second highest level of math proficiency out of the four ethnic groups represented at this school."

"Very High Student Enrollment in AP Math Courses for Arizona

a whopping 17% of students at Basis Scottsdale are enrolled in at least one AP math course during the school year, whereas the median across combination schools that offer AP math courses in Arizona is only 6%.

Compared to the median of all reported combination schools in the nation (2%), the enrollment rate at this school is significantly higher than average."

"Compared to the median across all reported combination schools in the US, this school has a lower participation rate of students who play on an interscholastic sports teams. US Average: 26%"

"
Much Lower Percentage of Students with Learning Disabilities

3% of all students at Basis Scottsdale are learning disabled, which is much lower than the median across all reported combination schools in Arizona (10%).

This school's percentage of learning disabled students is much lower than the median across all reported all combination schools in the US (16%)."

Scottsdale is also pretty white...

The Villages Florida

They stacked the deck with Asian/white people in a nice mostly white place...
Old 04-25-2017, 06:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
And how much choice is there for many people really in what school they go to? Practically speaking?
Do well enough to live in a nice place...it's simple really.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Will have to check more into this to give you some details, but where I am up north, there is a public school district nearby that is failing miserably. There is so much crime there that they put in metal detectors just to enter the schools. In that same small city they started a charter school. The children at the charter school are flourishing and the parents are ecstatic to have an option for their children. Since I know most are from very poor families, I'm not sure how the school is funded. I will have to find out and get back to you on that.

Homeschooling over the years also worked very well for many families up here. The families that i know of were comprised of many well educated parents who would come together and share their knowledge by teaching some of the classes. At one point, they even started a school which produced some outstanding students who went on to higher education much better prepared than some of the students from our very highly ranked public school district.

Unfortunately, we don't often hear much about these successes in the news.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

Says the non and never to be parent.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Will have to check more into this to give you some details, but where I am up north, there is a public school district nearby that is failing miserably. There is so much crime there that they put in metal detectors just to enter the schools. In that same small city they started a charter school. The children at the charter school are flourishing and the parents are ecstatic to have an option for their children. Since I know most are from very poor families, I'm not sure how the school is funded. I will have to find out and get back to you on that.

Homeschooling over the years also worked very well for many families up here. The families that i know of were comprised of many well educated parents who would come together and share their knowledge by teaching some of the classes. At one point, they even started a school which produced some outstanding students who went on to higher education much better prepared than some of the students from our very highly ranked public school district.

Unfortunately, we don't often hear much about these successes in the news.
Let me guess...the numbers of minorities have increased proportionally to the failure?

Yup...high crime = high percentage of minorities.

They got their own school...where THEY got to pick who attends. Want a better school? Get rid of most of the minorities. It works for neighborhoods, towns, cities, countries...continents too.

Homeschooling is from necessity...keep your kids away from the DANGEROUS minorities. Keep them away from standards that have been lowered TOO MUCH for white kids, who are bored to death WAITING for the minority kids to catch up. Keep them from the bad influences that the minorities bring with them.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:56 AM
n/a

America's Best Charter Schools | BASIS Charter Schools
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
demographics of BASIS charter schools - Google Search

Arizona school data shows uneven distribution of ethnic groups | Arizona Center for Investigative Reporting

Charter student populations don't match state demographics

What the public isn’t told about high-performing charter schools in Arizona - The Washington Post

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...arners-6462476

It's EASY to do well when you get to pick and choose your students...even allowing for mandatory quotas to minorities...you can pick from the top 1%...and even THEY fail to achieve what the whites and Asians can achieve.

We're not all the same... You're being lied to... There is no equality... A quick trip to ANY MLK Blvd will show you that. You think THEY are your peers? You don't think much of yourself...
Old 04-25-2017, 08:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Says the non and never to be parent.
You could have gone all day and not said that.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why? People move for the schools all the time. People move to get their kids as far away from minority influences as they can. Look what WE did...built an entire "white" city. A bubble to keep THEM out.

A good parent looks out for their children and doesn't subject them to the horrors of a "diversified" school. They move.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why? People move for the schools all the time. People move to get their kids as far away from minority influences as they can. Look what WE did...built an entire "white" city. A bubble to keep THEM out.

A good parent looks out for their children and doesn't subject them to the horrors of a "diversified" school. They move.
THAT was directed at offal. Not you.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
The man offal is just a sick twisted person. I will bet he has a long history of this type of crap on other web-sites. He seems to really enjoy inflicting this kind of online abuse. Probably been doing this for decades. The sick kind of **** who torments animals.

I have seen much worse internet abusers but really cannot understand why the Moderator did not boot this man off of TOTV all together a month ago.

Don is very harmless except maybe to African-Americans and Hispanics who might read TOTV's Political Forum. And they would have every right to use their First Amendment rights as does Don Baldwin.

Internet harassment is against State Law in Florida.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
THAT was directed at offal. Not you.
I didn't see his name on it...

Tags
news, schools, magnet, charter, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.