USA budget deficit

Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 AM
n/a

I'm sorry that your mom cut your allowance, Don, but it's no reason to blame ALL women for your financial and personal problems.
Read this: National Debt – Just Facts
and this: Isn't it Time to Stop Calling it “The National Debt”? - Evonomics
and cry yourself to sleep. Things will look better in the morning.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:03 AM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest]They just keep rolling over the debt. They play accounting games. They give the banks money to buy stocks and bonds. The whole financial system is a sham, a scam, a ponzi with those at the top raking in billions.

We have people who look at a deficit of $600 billion a year...but a total debt level going up over $1 trillion a year...And don't realize that there's over $400 billion "missing". It's missing because of accounting tricks. Ever play that math game where you pick a number...do some math to it and it always comes out to be the same number...the government does that trick too.
math trick pick a number it always comes out the same number - Google Search

Nothing but propaganda comes from the "news"...turn it off. You may be UNinformed...but that's better than being MISinformed.

You and I can agree here. For instance there are items kept from the financial sheets such as the accounting of Fannie and Freddie. Also each successive budget carries water and adds more as a new budget is propose each year. Its why they continually end up raising the debt ceiling .

Frankly most can't understand government finance because government is simply too large and always chaotic but by year end results we know we are being taken to the cleaners.

The root cause of it all is fiat money because its based on a promise and one no one living today intends to honor that promise. but then politicians have their cash cows, taxpayers. Also, its why the FED was able to use QE 1,2,3 and its why people suffer because they cannot earn interest on their savings. The 1% were the big winners because the stock market belongs to them

Its foolish in my view to argue about the numbers because government accountants are creative,politicians artful dodgers and the CBO limited in its ability. Instead a national discussion needs to come to the forefront of exactly what system is the most effective and reliable. But as it stands now creating more money out of thin air is not settling in my mind

The only appreciable difference between or among politicians reverts to that same old argument of guns v butter...and not let us forget that we still have pork barrel spending to protect our allies in office.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-09-2017, 07:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I'm sorry that your mom cut your allowance, Don, but it's no reason to blame ALL women for your financial and personal problems.
and cry yourself to sleep. Things will look better in the morning.
"As of March 1, 2017, the official debt of the United States government is $19.9 trillion ($19,920,418,771,289).[1] This amounts to:

$61,365 for every person living in the U.S.[2]
$158,326 for every household in the U.S.[3]
106% of the U.S. gross domestic product.[4]
560% of annual federal revenues.[5]

At the close of the federal government’s 2016 fiscal year (September 30, 2016), the federal government had roughly:

$8.5 trillion ($8,542,000,000,000) in liabilities that are not accounted for in the publicly held national debt, such as federal employee retirement benefits, accounts payable, and environmental/disposal liabilities.[12]
$29.0 trillion ($29,038,000,000,000) in obligations for current Social Security participants above and beyond projected revenues from their payroll and benefit taxes, certain transfers from the general fund of the U.S. Treasury, and assets of the Social Security trust fund.[13] [14]
$32.9 trillion ($32,900,000,000,000) in obligations for current Medicare participants above and beyond projected revenues from their payroll taxes, benefit taxes, premium payments, and assets of the Medicare trust fund.[15] [16]

Combining the figures above with the national debt and subtracting the value of federal assets, the federal government had about $84.3 trillion ($84,306,000,000,000) in debts, liabilities, and unfunded obligations at the close of its 2016 fiscal year.[23]

* This $84.3 trillion shortfall is 93% of the combined net worth of all U.S. households and nonprofit organizations, including all assets in savings, real estate, corporate stocks, private businesses, and consumer durable goods such as automobiles and furniture.[24] [25]

* This shortfall equates to:

$260,382 for every person living in the U.S.[26]
$670,058 for every household in the U.S.[27]
451% of the U.S. gross domestic product.[28]
2,370% of annual federal revenues.[29]"

You were doing so well...and then you linked to this:

"Those government-issued assets, held by the private sector, are only “liabilities” to the government in the most pettifogging accounting sense. If you “owed” some money that you would never, ever have to pay, would you put that on your balance sheet as a liability? Would it be anything beyond a pro forma entry designed to satisfy some obsessive impulse for accounting closure? A debt that will never be paid off is a very questionable “liability.”"

This is how your government rips us off...they NEVER intended to "pay it back", they just keep "rolling it over" when it comes due. They BORROW with NO intention of EVER paying it back. And they DO owe it...they issue bonds to people who EXPECT to get paid back some day. Would YOU keep lending to someone who was ALWAYS broke and every time it came time for them to "pay up", they always asked you...just one more time...one more loan...? It's a big scam, a big ponzi...and those at the top make out VERY well.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:44 AM
n/a

I'm 65 and an admitted news junkie. I'm a fiscal conservative and for years have agreed the debt was going to destroy this country but year after year it seems the debt and deficiet don't impact anything. We keep borrowing and printing money with no downside. I'm considering turning democrat and joining the fun.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm 65 and an admitted news junkie. I'm a fiscal conservative and for years have agreed the debt was going to destroy this country but year after year it seems the debt and deficiet don't impact anything. We keep borrowing and printing money with no downside. I'm considering turning democrat and joining the fun.
ONLY because they can "service the debt" through VERY low...artificially low...interest rates and continued borrowing. Why do you think a CD used to pay you 7% and now pays 1%? The government has to pay over $500 BILLION a year in interest payments. If interest rates go up by much, they can't make the interest payments.

There is talk of NEGATIVE interest rate so they CAN keep the giant ponzi going. Yes...YOU PAY the bank to hold your money. WHY do you think they want to ban cash and go digital? Because of crime??? HA ha ha...you funny! We'll be paying the government to borrow money.

Already MANY sovereign bonds are negative interest. Bet you didn't know that...

sovereign bonds are negative interest. - Google Search

There's a LOT people don't understand...

The biggest is the changing majority away from white...
Old 03-10-2017, 12:51 PM
n/a

Could a gathering of the best financial minds in the US put together a plan that would actually make some inroads on this potential economic nightmare? The plan would have to be enacted without the taint of political influence. Don't wait until the consequences are irreversible. Some economists could see the Great Recession coming and nobody in government or the financial world had enough voice to be heard to stop it.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Could a gathering of the best financial minds in the US put together a plan that would actually make some inroads on this potential economic nightmare? The plan would have to be enacted without the taint of political influence. Don't wait until the consequences are irreversible. Some economists could see the Great Recession coming and nobody in government or the financial world had enough voice to be heard to stop it.
We're now 49% white...and dropping fast...I'm afraid it IS irreversible.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
We're now 49% white...and dropping fast...I'm afraid it IS irreversible.
This has been said several times recently. I'm gonna call 'bull****' and ask for your source.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
and cry yourself to sleep. Things will look better in the morning

Old 03-10-2017, 08:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
This has been said several times recently. I'm gonna call 'bull****' and ask for your source.
Watch the video...Joe Biden...whites will be a minority...49% in 2017...it will fall from there...and that's a GOOD thing.

You should have read Obama's books...his Mein Kampf.

Joe Biden: "Whites will be a Minority in US by 2017 - and that's a good Thing" - YouTube

Go to :20...the whole thing is just a minute long.

Quote:

Guess you didn't read my reply or just ignored it?

Fool...women and their emotions...it'll be the death of us ALL.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
n/a

Joe Biden is your source?

okay....
Old 03-10-2017, 10:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Joe Biden is your source?

okay....
You think he was lying on CSPAN? you think the Vice President didn't know what he was talking about?

How about the NEA, the teachers group bragging about how "diversified" schools are now that the majority of children registering for school are minorities?

Google it.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:01 PM
n/a

At this point, I'm going to make life much easier and just assume that whatever YOU say is false. It's a huge time saver.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
At this point, I'm going to make life much easier and just assume that whatever YOU say is false. It's a huge time saver.
Sure...go ahead...fool.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Couldn't resist...

its-official-the-us-is-becoming-a-minority-majority-nation

American is becoming a majority-minority nation. It’s already happened in our public schools

When will minorities be the majority? - The Boston Globe

Minority babies (barely) the majority among U.S. infants | Pew Research Center

Babies Of Color Are Now The Majority, Census Says : NPR Ed : NPR

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...916-story.html illinois-minority-majority-child-population-met

Need I go on?

And yes...the former VP...DID...say that we're already there.

I'm the one you SHOULD be listening to Reiver...

Tags
deficit, budget, usa

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.