Very Likely Target.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:36 AM
n/a

Default Very Likely Target.

Congressional Baseball Game - Wikipedia

Maybe I read too many spy books and watch too many stupid action movies, but this just looks like it should have been anticipated as a huge target for people with an irrational hatred of the government be it Republicans, Democrats, Independents or just Washington, DC.

They should have had more protections for even the baseball practice of a group of politicians. Federal guys/women with long rifles at least.

They probably did not advertise the practice place but the neighbors around the ball parks probably gossiped about where these practices were and might be.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

Maybe I read too many spy books and watch too many stupid action movies, but this just looks like it should have been anticipated as a huge target for people with an irrational hatred of the government be it Republicans, Democrats, Independents or just Washington, DC.

They should have had more protections for even the baseball practice of a group of politicians. Federal guys/women with long rifles at least.

They probably did not advertise the practice place but the neighbors around the ball parks probably gossiped about where these practices were and might be.
Agree. I guess we will never know how the guy found out about the practices. He appeared to be searching for any opportunity to go after the GOP. Just goes to show you how the hate on the left has gotten out of control and can influence the unstable.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:39 AM
n/a

My guess is that since he was a volunteer for Sanders Army he had the necessary contacts/resources to discover much and that is how he happened on this venue?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-15-2017, 12:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
My guess is that since he was a volunteer for Sanders Army he had the necessary contacts/resources to discover much and that is how he happened on this venue?

Personal Best Regards:
It looks like practice for this would be a very hard thing to keep classified in any way unless it were in a domed athletic setting far from the DC area. Someone really missed the boat here as to security measures.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:10 PM
n/a

We will have to see if this Wikipedia article is accurate as the CBS National News on 6/15/2017 said that the series was tied 39 to 39 with one tie as well.

Congressional Baseball Game carries on, one day after shooting - CBS News

Quote:
The annual congressional baseball game dates back to 1909, and Republicans and Democrats since then have each won an equal number of games -- 39. The event has always been a chance for Democrats and Republicans to put partisan politics aside for one night -- but especially so on Thursday.

Follow
Rep. Ed Perlmutter ✔ @RepPerlmutter
Tonight's #CongressionalBaseballGame is about standing together against violence. I'll be thinking about my wounded colleagues as we play.
6:03 PM - 15 Jun 2017
6 6 Retweets 33 33 likes
Old 06-15-2017, 09:07 PM
n/a

Home - Congressional Baseball Game

This site has it all tied up. 39-39.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Home - Congressional Baseball Game

This site has it all tied up. 39-39.
Democrats won tonight 11-2.

Democrats win annual baseball game with special meaning - CNNPolitics.com

Congrats to the Democrats.

Tags
long, target

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.