voter fraud commission

Old 07-09-2017, 04:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
So, the thread has again burrowed into the depths of personal attacks and libtards vs trumptards........

One of the pillars of the Republican platform is STATES RIGHTS, and, constitutionally, elections are a right of each state. Therefore, the Federal government has NO standing when asking for, or demanding, ANY voter information from the indivdual states.

So, if you are Republican, you should be questioning why a Republican president, which is supported by a Republican Congress, is asking something that is totally AGAINST the viewpoints of Republicans.

It is NOT a liberal vs conservative issue.....it is a legal and constitutional issue. So, put away your personal attacks on the mental capabilities of either political isle and start using the way of the Constitution.......as true Americans should.
Well for starters the same reason why Trump is sending federal assistance to Chicago because they do not know how to maintain law and order

I am a big supporter of the 10th Amendment. So I am pleased to see your concern here. Will you support medicaid block grants to states so that we can move forward with the repeal and replacement of OBAMACARE?

Will you push back against the federal governments expansion efforts?

The founders created the federal government to serve the states in three general areas Defense, Treasury, Commerce..and here we are with a federal budget that is primarily allotted to entitlements. Do we really need the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing? Should the Departments of Agriculture, Environment be monoliths? You get my point and I hope you get behind the 10th Amendment.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
So, the thread has again burrowed into the depths of personal attacks and libtards vs trumptards........

One of the pillars of the Republican platform is STATES RIGHTS, and, constitutionally, elections are a right of each state. Therefore, the Federal government has NO standing when asking for, or demanding, ANY voter information from the indivdual states.

So, if you are Republican, you should be questioning why a Republican president, which is supported by a Republican Congress, is asking something that is totally AGAINST the viewpoints of Republicans.

It is NOT a liberal vs conservative issue.....it is a legal and constitutional issue. So, put away your personal attacks on the mental capabilities of either political isle and start using the way of the Constitution.......as true Americans should.
Just want to support your thinking and your post.

There are folks on here, like the poster you reply to, who will support anything and everything that Trump says.

Someday, we will wake up and find with Trump, our debt is greater, our security is less, and it is all about federal control.

Steve Bannon is running the country, and his wish is to rip it apart first, and begin with the media, for example.

The poster to whom you reply is most assuredly going to agree with Trump on any conspiracy theory that Bannon feeds him.

Just know I support what you say about this sham of a commission. A commission that is supported only because those Trump followers will do and say what he wants, no matter the total and complete lack of facts.

Still waiting for these folks to supply the lies from the media. Still waiting for them to ever condemn Russian attempts to sway our election. They are tuned in to only defending Trump, no matter the hypocrisy, as in this commission, involved.

I am willing to give Trump a chance, but he is flying in the face of conservatism thought AND patriotism.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Are you ready to give personal information to this commission?
What would I care? Seems like the IRS already has the party affiliation information (remember they were targeting Republicans when Obama was in office), my SS#, DOB...it is the government after all.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well for starters the same reason why Trump is sending federal assistance to Chicago because they do not know how to maintain law and order

I am a big supporter of the 10th Amendment. So I am pleased to see your concern here. Will you support medicaid block grants to states so that we can move forward with the repeal and replacement of OBAMACARE?

Will you push back against the federal governments expansion efforts?

The founders created the federal government to serve the states in three general areas Defense, Treasury, Commerce..and here we are with a federal budget that is primarily allotted to entitlements. Do we really need the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing? Should the Departments of Agriculture, Environment be monoliths? You get my point and I hope you get behind the 10th Amendment.

Personal Best Regards:
A deflection away from the theme of this thread......but it is interesting that the largest departments of the Federal Government were started by Republican administrations and Congress, the most regulations were enacted by Republican administrations, the highest increases in national debt were overseen by Republican administrations, the highest unemployment numbers were during Republican administrations.......

Evidently, there is a very real disconnect between Republican rhetoric and reality; and now, that disconnect is becoming very apparent.

So why, then, does a Republican administration actually want names, addresses, last 4 numbers of people's social security numbers to investigate voter fraud? It has been argued that voter fraud which has only 2 components: personal multiple voting, and mailed ballot fraud.

Sensationalist claims have circulated this election season about the extent of voter fraud, with some politicians going so far as to tell voters to fear that this November’s election will be “rigged.” Because electoral integrity is one of the elements necessary to making America the greatest democracy in the world, claims like this garner media attention, and frighten and concern voters.

The Brennan Center’s seminal report on this issue, The Truth About Voter Fraud, found that most reported incidents of voter fraud are actually traceable to other sources, such as clerical errors or bad data matching practices. The report reviewed elections that had been meticulously studied for voter fraud, and found incident rates between 0.0003 percent and 0.0025 percent.Debunking the Voter Fraud Myth | Brennan Center for Justice

Yes, there have been cases of voter fraud, but the minuscule number of cases lends to the question: Why does a Republican administration appoint a committee to investigate voter fraud, when there have been so few cases that are documented?

One can speculate that there are other intentions, and in an atmosphere charged with actions that suggest voter suppression, and manipulation of voter opinion by targeted trolling by foreign nationals and governments, there should be a truly rock solid reason, backed by verifiable statistics, to assume that this voter commission is actually in America's best interest.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
It's illegal to spit in Daytona Beach Florida. No tickets issued, so I assume no one spits there.

Without a real investigation we don't know. Kinda like the hillary investigations which were not investigations. Hillary not arrested so she did no wrong. Lol

Liberals lack logic. I will be printing and distributing that bumper sticker.
Worth repeating. Maybe I should put it in the library thread .... lol
Old 07-09-2017, 10:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just want to support your thinking and your post.

There are folks on here, like the poster you reply to, who will support anything and everything that Trump says.

Someday, we will wake up and find with Trump, our debt is greater, our security is less, and it is all about federal control.

Steve Bannon is running the country, and his wish is to rip it apart first, and begin with the media, for example.

The poster to whom you reply is most assuredly going to agree with Trump on any conspiracy theory that Bannon feeds him.

Just know I support what you say about this sham of a commission. A commission that is supported only because those Trump followers will do and say what he wants, no matter the total and complete lack of facts.

Still waiting for these folks to supply the lies from the media. Still waiting for them to ever condemn Russian attempts to sway our election. They are tuned in to only defending Trump, no matter the hypocrisy, as in this commission, involved.

I am willing to give Trump a chance, but he is flying in the face of conservatism thought AND patriotism.
Millions did the same for Obama...you probably supported Obama as fervently.

The debt is expanding exponentially...there is no good that will come from it.

Quote:
A deflection away from the theme of this thread......but it is interesting that the largest departments of the Federal Government were started by Republican administrations and Congress, the most regulations were enacted by Republican administrations, the highest increases in national debt were overseen by Republican administrations, the highest unemployment numbers were during Republican administrations.......

Evidently, there is a very real disconnect between Republican rhetoric and reality; and now, that disconnect is becoming very apparent.

So why, then, does a Republican administration actually want names, addresses, last 4 numbers of people's social security numbers to investigate voter fraud? It has been argued that voter fraud which has only 2 components: personal multiple voting, and mailed ballot fraud.

Sensationalist claims have circulated this election season about the extent of voter fraud, with some politicians going so far as to tell voters to fear that this November’s election will be “rigged.” Because electoral integrity is one of the elements necessary to making America the greatest democracy in the world, claims like this garner media attention, and frighten and concern voters.

The Brennan Center’s seminal report on this issue, The Truth About Voter Fraud, found that most reported incidents of voter fraud are actually traceable to other sources, such as clerical errors or bad data matching practices. The report reviewed elections that had been meticulously studied for voter fraud, and found incident rates between 0.0003 percent and 0.0025 percent.Debunking the Voter Fraud Myth | Brennan Center for Justice

Yes, there have been cases of voter fraud, but the minuscule number of cases lends to the question: Why does a Republican administration appoint a committee to investigate voter fraud, when there have been so few cases that are documented?

One can speculate that there are other intentions, and in an atmosphere charged with actions that suggest voter suppression, and manipulation of voter opinion by targeted trolling by foreign nationals and governments, there should be a truly rock solid reason, backed by verifiable statistics, to assume that this voter commission is actually in America's best interest.
Huh? Obama doubled it, he added almost $10 trillion. Obama added MORE debt than ALL the previous 43 before him. You liberals really don't have a grasp on reality.

The "fraud" in voting is that the ONLY two candidates we get to choose from...BOTH work for the "system". The two party political system. The government is OWNED by the rich and powerful. Government make people wealthy...and powerful....psychopaths/sociopaths thrive on it/in it.

It's all fixed and you can't change it.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Millions did the same for Obama...you probably supported Obama as fervently.

The debt is expanding exponentially...there is no good that will come from it.

Huh? Obama doubled it, he added almost $10 trillion. Obama added MORE debt than ALL the previous 43 before him. You liberals really don't have a grasp on reality.

The "fraud" in voting is that the ONLY two candidates we get to choose from...BOTH work for the "system". The two party political system. The government is OWNED by the rich and powerful. Government make people wealthy...and powerful....psychopaths/sociopaths thrive on it/in it.

It's all fixed and you can't change it.
Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186 percent increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54 percent increase from the $2.8 trillion debt at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32 percent increase from the $4.4 trillion debt at the end of George H.W. Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101 percent increase from the $5.8 trillion debt at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

Obama added $7.917 trillion, a 68 percent increase, in seven years. This was the fifth-largest increase percentage-wise.

But getting back to the theme of the thread.....Trump says states are ‘trying to hide’ things from his voter fraud commission. Here’s what they actually say. - The Washington Post
Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186 percent increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54 percent increase from the $2.8 trillion debt at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32 percent increase from the $4.4 trillion debt at the end of George H.W. Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101 percent increase from the $5.8 trillion debt at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

Obama added $7.917 trillion, a 68 percent increase, in seven years. This was the fifth-largest increase percentage-wise.

But getting back to the theme of the thread.....Trump says states are ‘trying to hide’ things from his voter fraud commission. Here’s what they actually say. - The Washington Post
Wouldn't this be a more pertinent number to look at in evaluating the state of the nation economically under each President?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesgl.../#4a666b26600b

Just wondering, as I am no economist, but this seems to give a more telling picture.

Again, back to OP, it seems as if both parties have complained about voter fraud in one way or another over the past several presidential cycles. So what's the harm in looking into it?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Wouldn't this be a more pertinent number to look at in evaluating the state of the nation economically under each President?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesgl.../#4a666b26600b

Just wondering, as I am no economist, but this seems to give a more telling picture.

Again, back to OP, it seems as if both parties have complained about voter fraud in one way or another over the past several presidential cycles. So what's the harm in looking into it?
In my opinion, there are already methodologies in place on a State by State basis to address voter fraud, the commission of a federal task force is out of bounds.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
In my opinion, there are already methodologies in place on a State by State basis to address voter fraud, the commission of a federal task force is out of bounds.
It's simply an attempted red herring, to divert the focus on the Russians helping Chump get elected.

And the fact that Trump is still seething that he lost the popular vote legitimately...and his ego just won't let it go.

He exhibits so many traits of the average temper tantrum prone two year old...it still boggles the mind that so many voted for (and still blindly support) him.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's simply an attempted red herring, to divert the focus on the Russians helping Chump get elected.

And the fact that Trump is still seething that he lost the popular vote legitimately...and his ego just won't let it go.

He exhibits so many traits of the average temper tantrum prone two year old...it still boggles the mind that so many voted for (and still blindly support) him.
This morning Trump is actually touting he and Putin working together on cyber crime.

This tweet from Marco Rubio captures ...

"Partnering with Putin on a "Cyber Security Unit" is akin to partnering with Assad on a "Chemical Weapons Unit".
Old 07-09-2017, 03:07 PM
n/a

Default State election officials worry about 2018 election security

State election officials worry about 2018 election security | PBS NewsHour
Old 07-09-2017, 03:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
This morning Trump is actually touting he and Putin working together on cyber crime.

This tweet from Marco Rubio captures ...

"Partnering with Putin on a "Cyber Security Unit" is akin to partnering with Assad on a "Chemical Weapons Unit".
Rubio's tweet is one of the better GOP responses. Trump is becoming a comedy show.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Rubio's tweet is one of the better GOP responses. Trump is becoming a comedy show.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Interesting to note that Donald, Jr....Manafort and Kushner are quickly changing their paperwork to reflect Russian meetings that "slipped" their minds.

Of course the meeting or meetings were last July. Son, campaign mgr (at that time) and son in law attended meeting. Nothing nefarious there.

Jr. quoted today as emphatically saying the President did not attend or even know about his son, mgr and son in law meeting with Russian about the campaign.

A novel with all this "smoke" would never sell....to far "out"
Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 PM
n/a

Anyone else notice how much the boy and rockface sound similar?? Both steal others words...no thoughts of their own...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tags
give, information, personal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.