VOTING...It appears that it will be easy for illegals

Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM
n/a

Default VOTING...It appears that it will be easy for illegals

"President Obama’s temporary deportation amnesty will make it easier for illegal immigrants to improperly register and vote in elections, state elections officials testified to Congress on Thursday, saying that the driver’s licenses and Social Security numbers they will be granted create a major voting loophole.

While stressing that it remains illegal for noncitizens to vote, secretaries of state from Ohio and Kansas said they won’t have the tools to sniff out illegal immigrants who register anyway, ignoring stiff penalties to fill out the registration forms that are easily available at shopping malls, motor vehicle bureaus and in curbside registration drives.

Anyone registering to vote attests that he or she is a citizen, but Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted said mass registration drives often aren’t able to give due attention to that part, and so illegal immigrants will still get through.

Read more: Obama amnesty creates loophole for illegal immigrants to register, vote in elections - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

To me, this is just flat out getting out of hand...TOTALLY. Every day we discover something else and everyone is silent.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:27 PM
n/a

On the other hand, the Republicans are accused once again of dirty deeds and being evil folks....

"Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, the District of Columbia’s nonvoting member of Congress, accused Republicans of an effort at voter suppression.

“The president’s executive order gives immigrants the right to stay — immigrants who have been here for years, immigrants who have been working hard and whose labor we have needed,” Ms. Norton said. “The Republicans may want to go down in history as the party who tried once again 100 years later to nullify the right to vote. Well, I am here to say they shall not succeed.”

Rep. Stephen F. Lynch, Massachusetts Democrat, said he doubted illegal immigrants would risk running afoul of the law — which could get them deported — just to be an insignificant part of an election.

Read more: Obama amnesty creates loophole for illegal immigrants to register, vote in elections - Washington Times

Yes, Rep Lynch......I also doubt they would do that...of course not. Look at the sterling record of the IRS scams, etc. No problem..they will never vote.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"President Obama’s temporary deportation amnesty will make it easier for illegal immigrants to improperly register and vote in elections, state elections officials testified to Congress on Thursday, saying that the driver’s licenses and Social Security numbers they will be granted create a major voting loophole.

While stressing that it remains illegal for noncitizens to vote, secretaries of state from Ohio and Kansas said they won’t have the tools to sniff out illegal immigrants who register anyway, ignoring stiff penalties to fill out the registration forms that are easily available at shopping malls, motor vehicle bureaus and in curbside registration drives.

Anyone registering to vote attests that he or she is a citizen, but Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted said mass registration drives often aren’t able to give due attention to that part, and so illegal immigrants will still get through.

To me, this is just flat out getting out of hand...TOTALLY. Every day we discover something else and everyone is silent.

This is horrible news for republicans. Their chances of ever winning back the White House just went from slim to none. A party can't lose all of the Hispanic vote, the black vote, the millennial vote, LGBT vote, the women's vote and expect to win, even if they could find a candidate to run who isn't under investigation, indictment, or the brother of the worst president of all time.

It also sounds like these Secretary of States can't or won't do the jobs they were elected to do.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is horrible news for republicans. Their chances of ever winning back the White House just went from slim to none. A party can't lose all of the Hispanic vote, the black vote, the millennial vote, LGBT vote, the women's vote and expect to win, even if they could find a candidate to run who isn't under investigation, indictment, or the brother of the worst president of all time.

It also sounds like these Secretary of States can't or won't do the jobs they were elected to do.
In reading your post, it appears your mind is made up as to who to vote for already in 2016.

I have trouble in dealing with that and your acceptance of straight party voting. THAT premise is depressing, dont you think.

With no candidate and a long list of issues on the table with new ones to occur, it is stunning that someone could say what you just said.

I pray that I am never so stunted as to have that kind of dependence on one single party.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:36 PM
n/a

Not to mention your cheerleading for illegal immigrants to vote. Man, you really are quite restricted and must have a very boring life. You have nothing to live for in the public arena except wait for your party to tell you who to voted for.

How do you handle things in your parties platform that you deep inside do not agree on ?
Old 02-13-2015, 05:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Not to mention your cheerleading for illegal immigrants to vote. Man, you really are quite restricted and must have a very boring life. You have nothing to live for in the public arena except wait for your party to tell you who to voted for.

How do you handle things in your parties platform that you deep inside do not agree on ?
If by party's platform, you mean equal pay for equal work, violence against women act, Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act, ending DADT, supporting a woman's right to choose, being against state mandated vaginal probes, being for ending wars, being for the right to vote, being for equal rights for all, being for Social Security, being for Medicare and Medicaid...what's not to agree with?
Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
If by party's platform, you mean equal pay for equal work, violence against women act, Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act, ending DADT, supporting a woman's right to choose, being against state mandated vaginal probes, being for ending wars, being for the right to vote, being for equal rights for all, being for Social Security, being for Medicare and Medicaid...what's not to agree with?
So, and a serious question...you will vote straight democratic NO MATTER THE CANDIDATE OR THE ISSUES AT THAT TIME ? That was the question for you which, as always you try to divert.

Answer the question and start a thread on each item you feel so strongly about and give us your opinion.

You are not discussing..you are simply yelling out things.....get under control, put on your big boy jeans and discuss.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
So, and a serious question...you will vote straight democratic NO MATTER THE CANDIDATE OR THE ISSUES AT THAT TIME ? That was the question for you which, as always you try to divert.

Answer the question and start a thread on each item you feel so strongly about and give us your opinion.

You are not discussing..you are simply yelling out things.....get under control, put on your big boy jeans and discuss.
Here we go again with the big boy jeans. How about I put on my Depends?
Look at the party platforms of each party, case closed. Nothing more to discuss.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Here we go again with the big boy jeans. How about I put on my Depends?
Look at the party platforms of each party, case closed. Nothing more to discuss.
That comment about the big boy jeans just seems to fit. You sound like a teenager most of the time, and you NEVER are able to discuss specifics...only the talking points variety. Frankly, most of my challenges to you are to determine if you even understand what you say. I agree with somethings on the Democratic platform.....you agree with them all and oppose all on the Republican platform.

All I am saying is that I have never met an adult like that...EVER. I am used to discussing issues specifically and not used to that shot gun approach...a whole bunch of spin words designed, I suppose to put me on the defensive or something...not really sure. All the issues you normally mention are historical...not sure if current events are your thing or what....it is something I enjoy and apply the past when necessary.

HOWEVR, to simply type in a bunch of things makes no sense to me...I suppose it does to you or you would not post it.

I suppose our definition of adult conversation differs as well as our conversation preferences...I enjoy discussing TODAY...do not mind references to the past, but centered on what is happening TODAY. You appear to just get defensive like a good friend of mine used to do in the playground...when he got criticized, he would spout off all the things that you or whomever did in the last month...we used to call him "ohyeah" because that is what he would say before telling you about what you did wrong. He just never was able to admit to being wrong. He grew up ok and we engage in good solid adult conversations now.

Your "case closed" statement that you use habitually is sort of arrogant from my point of view. It is NOT closed except in your mind...You seem to be fond of saying that as if that cinches it and you have decided the situation but never made a case...you just decided...case closed.
AND saying there is nothing more to discuss is quite funny.....what in the world have you discussed. Your political leaning, it seems is to slam anyone who disagrees with you.

Oh, and if you want to wear depends...feel free...up to you !!!
Old 02-13-2015, 07:30 PM
n/a

I am beginning to conclude that the party alignment is all that matters to some.
When bragging about having the black vote and the hispanic vote and all the others quoted.....doesn't it matter at some point there isn't much different in their lives compared to the promises made to get elected.

Are we to believe that blacks and hispanics are wholesale for the party of Obama. I hate to burst the bubble but I do not think so.

Let us not forget that Obama won the election NOT BY A LANDSLIDE!

The next election will have many blacks and hipanics who are sick and tired of Obama's and the party's direction. Add that to the opposition party that will not make the mistake of staying home in 2016 like they did in 2008 and 2012.

You can only fool the people some of the time but not all of the time which is what this administration has been doing and it does not matter whether black, hispanic, gay or what ever.

Yes the opposition party has some work to do. No the encumbent party does not have a lock on 2016........however we do acknowlege one has to carry the party flag.....to a point.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am beginning to conclude that the party alignment is all that matters to some.
When bragging about having the black vote and the hispanic vote and all the others quoted.....doesn't it matter at some point there isn't much different in their lives compared to the promises made to get elected.

Are we to believe that blacks and hispanics are wholesale for the party of Obama. I hate to burst the bubble but I do not think so.

Let us not forget that Obama won the election NOT BY A LANDSLIDE!

The next election will have many blacks and hipanics who are sick and tired of Obama's and the party's direction. Add that to the opposition party that will not make the mistake of staying home in 2016 like they did in 2008 and 2012.

You can only fool the people some of the time but not all of the time which is what this administration has been doing and it does not matter whether black, hispanic, gay or what ever.

Yes the opposition party has some work to do. No the encumbent party does not have a lock on 2016........however we do acknowlege one has to carry the party flag.....to a point.
2012 Presidential Election Results - The Washington Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:24 PM
n/a

We must be getting close to a Presidential election - the Repubs. are whining already.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
We must be getting close to a Presidential election - the Repubs. are whining already.
Some things never change....
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:

James Buchanan has a brother running for president?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.